Series Talk: WCQF: Winnipeg Jets Vs. Colorado Avalanche (COL lead 3-1)

What's your prediction for the series result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Thompson isn't even really being challenged all that much from what I've seen. Vegas just does a good job of keeping most stuff to the outside. Of course that's just from what I've seen the stats might bear out something different.

There was a trip right before the high stick. A call on Scheif that probably should have made it a 5 on 3. A pretty blatant interference on Pionk that went uncalled (and when I say blatant I mean like well beyond the slowing guys down on entry) among others. The ticky tacky shit was definitely going one way last night once the Jets were up.

Thompson is 3rd right now in goals saved above expected (Helle is 3rd from the bottom and Georgiev is dead last, way to bring up the rear, guys).

Obviously Vegas can win games when they average 21 shots a night. They've just done it. But I just haven't seen anything through 2 games that indicates they'll roll right over anyone that gets in their way in the second round. We're seeing towards the top end of what Thompson can do and the bottom end of what Helle and Georgiev. They'll converge.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
That is likely but you never know, a 50% Landeskog would still be a big boost in the second or third round
landy isn’t coming back until the doctors think he’s a 100% it’s a new type of surgery. Landy is essentially a test trial for athletes here.Bednar said he wasn’t close we don’t hear anything from the team about him ramping up or skating with the team. 2 weeks is usually how long guys skate with the team before we see them in games

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
At least Helleybuck is trending upwards, he should be hitting .876 SV% by game 7.

tuXgNzu.png

At the firing range, it’s all about tight shot groupings. That’s about as tight as it gets. LOL

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
When MacKinnon will finally show up?
That's kinda the scary thing. Mack and Rantanen haven't really shown up to play yet, especially Mikko.

It's the Avs depth that has been really really good. Reversal from last season's playoffs.

Mittelstadt, Lehkonen, Nichushkin, even Parise have all come to play.

Even the third line of Colton Wood and Kiviranta has been good.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Vegas is Winnipeg on steroids. Strong defensive game. Big defense. The difference is Vegas has big guys who can skate and move the puck. Winnipeg's big D seem slow turning and slow at decision making with the puck.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
landy isn’t coming back until the doctors think he’s a 100% it’s a new type of surgery. Landy is essentially a test trial for athletes here.Bednar said he wasn’t close we don’t hear anything from the team about him ramping up or skating with the team. 2 weeks is usually how long guys skate with the team before we see them in games
The doctors may consider him 100% but he will be a far cry from the Landeskog of two years ago, if anything me saying 50% is an optimistic take, expecting a 100% Landeskog at any point is crazy

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Lots of victory laps in here for a series that is just 2-1.

I think the end of game 3 is gonna galvanize the boys for Sunday afternoon. Come out and play a hard 3 periods and we're heading back to Winnipeg tied with home ice advantage and all of the momentum with the Jets.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022

I think the end of game 3 is gonna galvanize the boys for Sunday afternoon. Come out and play a hard 3 periods and we're heading back to Winnipeg tied with home ice advantage and all of the momentum with the Jets.
…so you’re already taking future victory laps. Pretty ironical comment

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I mean yea, that's the difference between a contender and a pretender. The Avs also loaded up their depth at the deadline, and have some scratches that could be 3rd/4th liners on other teams.

As for Hellebuyck.. again you're not wrong. But I'd expect far better than what he's done relative to the hype he got this season. A supposed world beater runaway Vezina winner should be doing better than this even if it is vs a wagon of a team. Especially when the majority of people were picking the Jets to win

Only the majority of people on HF picked the Jets to win this series. The betting odds were in the Avs favor as well as every major media outlet including in Canada had the Avs tabbed as favourites and betting favourites for this series.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Colorado is going to need to survive the first period, that's for sure. Winnipeg needs this one, and they're going to come out with their hair on fire. It's going to be a big test for Georgiev. He'll either be the hero or the goat.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Colorado is going to need to survive the first period, that's for sure. Winnipeg needs this one, and they're going to come out with their hair on fire. It's going to be a big test for Georgiev. He'll either be the hero or the goat.

We have zero push back in the playoffs when down. We've never come back in a series and I don't think anyone has any confidence in this group to do it. Would love to be proven wrong.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Any updates on the injury dillon got at the end of the game?

Hopefully it looked worse than it actually is.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

Probably because Winnipeg is lucky to not be down 0-3 and were outplayed in all three games.

Reactions: Turbonium and JKG33

CaptainUgly

27 Time World Champions
Apr 22, 2018
You’re absolutely right. Winnipeg hasn’t allowed 17 goals in 3 games, 15 of which were scored with helle in net, averaging 5.00 goals per game with him in the net. You tell him to tell us he didn’t watch the game indeed!
Okay so break down the goals and explain to me why it's Helles fault. I'm waiting to hear this masterpiece

Reactions: nabby12

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Okay so break down the goals and explain to me why it's Helles fault. I'm waiting to hear this masterpiece
The poster didn’t claim they were helles fault. They claimed that Avs have dropped 5 on him per game. Explain to me how helle hasn’t allowed 5 per game. I’m waiting to hear this masterpiece.

Pretty sure even peg fans can devide 15 goals on CH by three games…. It certainly ain’t less than 5 last I checked.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
If the Avs can score 5+ goals per game against Hellebuyck, they can do it against Vegas. Avs are the team to beat in the west.

Slight possibility Drouin could return for the b second round also... although for the Avs to rule him out the entire first round rather than list him day to day it's also possible he will never skate again...

Explain to me why his GAA in the playoffs is so atrocious, waiting to hear this masterpiece as well. Best defensive team in the regular season can't defend in the playoffs? Some rise to the occasion and others shrink.

Reactions: tucker3434

CaptainUgly

27 Time World Champions
Apr 22, 2018
Slight possibility Drouin could return for the b second round also... although for the Avs to rule him out the entire first round rather than list him day to day it's also possible he will never skate again...

Explain to me why his GAA in the playoffs is so atrocious, waiting to hear this masterpiece as well. Best defensive team in the regular season can't defend in the playoffs? Some rise to the occasion and others shrink.

GAA doesn't explain thr entire story. If that's your indicator you look at I won't waist my time with someone who clearly has no idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad