Around the League '23-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
It's a true 3 point lead now for the division.

In Dallas hands if they want that 1 seed.

If we beat Colorado next week all but assures the 1 seed

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
It's a true 3 point lead now for the division.

In Dallas hands if they want that 1 seed.

If we beat Colorado next week all but assures the 1 seed
Not to be negative, but it's an NHL scheduled loss. Back to back in CO altitude is the worst condition we could play them in, so I expect the game to allow them to close the gap back a bit. We could potentially lose to EDM on Wed as well, even though we will be rested.....but there is the old "first game of a homestand" jinx.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Yeh was more playing out the scenario if you give the Stars the win in that game individually, would give Dallas a 5 point lead with 6 other games left for both teams.

Don't mind the Jets winning today. Can't see them catching Dallas, but wouldn't mind them leap frogging the Avs for 2nd somehow

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Not to be negative, but it's an NHL scheduled loss. Back to back in CO altitude is the worst condition we could play them in, so I expect the game to allow them to close the gap back a bit. We could potentially lose to EDM on Wed as well, even though we will be rested.....but there is the old "first game of a homestand" jinx.
They used to do that shit with Chicago years ago when they were good as well. Seemed like half the games we played against them were on the second half of a back to back

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
NY has a cupcake schedule. They’ll need help. But as wide open as things are, I’m going to let whatever happens between here and then slide. I hope they take this time to get healthy and ready for a run.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
So uhm because everybody in the race for #8 in the East keeps losing the Pens are now suddenly back in the race too ? What the f*** is going on over there

Because they are all so bad wouldn't hate seeing Pittsburgh finish as the WC2.

Any remaining playoffs that we get to see Crosby/Malkin is a blessing.

Reactions: redbeardtx

serp

Jan 17, 2016
And of course on the Western side Vegas is now firmly entrenched in the third pacific spot while the Kings are starting to be in danger of missing ( they have really easy last 5 games so doubtful they miss imho ). Only 3 points ahead of the Blues ( 1 game more left ) . That last Stars game of the season may actually decide who makes it as second Wild Card.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well so much for that. Western playoffs teams now look completely set just not sure who lands in what Wildcard spot and the third pacific spot is also not set .

The East on the other hand is still completely open . 5 teams for 1/2 playoffs spots. Redwings can only get WC2 but the other 4 are all Metro teams and could get Metro #3.

All 5 teams are pretty bad and i don't think any of them will reach 90 points . All 5 teams still in the hunt in the East have less points than the Blues who are out of it now in the West.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
On the Oilers wagon for a night.

If they can beat the Avs and Dallas beat Chicago the next day it's a handy 5 point lead with 5 each to play.

Reactions: LT

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Screenshot_20240406-115536_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240406-115550_Instagram.jpg

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Wouldn't be surprised at this point to see Justus Annunen, he of 17 NHL appearances, as Colorado's playoff starter.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
With the Vegas loss to the Yotes they're now only 1 point aheed with the same games as the Kings. Looks like it'll come down to the wire who ends up in what spot for the last playoffs spots in the West.

In the East all 3 teams in the playoff race that played lost again, The way everyone there is playing the Sabres might get back into the race.

Flyers are now on a 6 game losing streak and have most games played of all of them in the race . Caps now lost 5 in a row. Jeez

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Elysian

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
With the Vegas loss to the Yotes they're now only 1 point with the same game as the Kings. Looks like it'll come down to the wire who ends up in what spot for the last playoffs spots in the West.

In the East all 3 teams in the playoff race that played lost again, The way everyone there is playing the Sabres might get back into the race.

Flyers are now on a 6 game losing streak and have most games played of all of them in the race . Caps now lost 5 in a row. Jeez

Wtf Vegas was up 4-1 midway through the 3rd so I turned that game off. Somehow they gave up 6 goals over the next 11 minutes. They blew their 3 goal lead within a 1:10. Crazy

Reactions: Magic Mittens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad