Around the League '23-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Honestly could be the worst hockey take I’ve ever seen. This fella is giving Zach Hyman the business for his parents being loaded.

I mean, he's not wrong in most of what he's saying, it's just the framing being that it's "the real story", like we don't know hockey is an expensive sport that is gonna mostly be for folks whose parents have money. The "real reason" he scored 50 is because he's playing with Connor McDavid and found chemistry with him. The guy has an NHL series Be A Pro stat line (50G, 19A) this season, lol.

Like, I guess I get where he's coming from because I also hate the whole feeding people bullshit pretending life is a meritocracy too, but Zach Hyman scoring 50 goals and folks saying "good for you, old man" probably isn't what I'd home in on to express that. :laugh:

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I mean, he's not wrong in most of what he's saying, it's just the framing being that it's "the real story", like we don't know hockey is an expensive sport that is gonna mostly be for folks whose parents have money. The "real reason" he scored 50 is because he's playing with Connor McDavid and found chemistry with him. The guy has an NHL series Be A Pro stat line (50G, 19A) this season, lol.

Like, I guess I get where he's coming from because I also hate the whole feeding people bullshit pretending life is a meritocracy too, but Zach Hyman scoring 50 goals and folks saying "good for you, old man" probably isn't what I'd home in on to express that. :laugh:
Your first part is why him twisting it into a reason he doesn’t wanna hear about it is weird at best. Most nhl families come from at least some money. Singling Hyman out for it and doubling, tripling, quadrupling down in replies after is so wild. And it’s not even the reason it’s a cool story! He was a 5th rounder!!!
the funniest part is berkshire works for a gambling company while virtue signaling like that oh my god lmao
We’ve lost the virtue of shame in our society

Reactions: eartotheground

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Never cared for that Berkshire character and his takes at all. Not sure what he was trying to accomplish with this but I love how actual people employed in the business have come out to criticize him. His doubling down on trying to explain it to all the apparent idiots who just don't understand is absolute cringe.

Weird way to try and find new employment too but good for you, Andrew. Maybe your Instagram and tiktok will take off, ya wanker.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
the funniest part is berkshire works for a gambling company while virtue signaling like that oh my god lmao

Some people seem to think he's no longer at SDPN and currently unemployed. He also no longer pimps the gambling stuff so perhaps that's done too? Maybe he can buy some clown shoes and learn to make balloon animals.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Some people seem to think he's no longer at SDPN and currently unemployed. He also no longer pimps the gambling stuff so perhaps that's done too? Maybe he can buy some clown shoes and learn to make balloon animals.
Real clowns must cobble together their own first pair of real clown shoes from the hide of a former rodeo bull

• Haha
Reactions: Smelling Salt

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

this was from 5 days ago but idk i dont follow him or really any of the Incredibly Online Bloggers

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I enjoyed the Tweet, never knew Hyman got carried by Daddy so its good insight from Berkshire. Everyone saying "most NHLers come from rich families" are underselling how much Daddy seemed to carry him.

Despite getting carried as a child and youth, playing his entire career with Matthews and McDavid his NHL career is pretty lack luster.

This is why its good to have people point out these things so you can get some insight other than "hardwork".

Good work Berkshire.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
If you're waiting THREE YEARS (!) to have the landlord fix it (and no doubt that is annoying as f***), it's pretty safe to say you can go ahead and do it yourself.
He's only waiting 3yrs out of stubbornness or stupidity there's legal protections for renters that prevent landlords from refusing to address these kinds of issues.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
There's a possibility i hadn't really thought of but seems like the ideal 1st round playoff matchup . Vegas is only one point behind the Kings and we've absolutely dominated LA this year. Since Vegas sadly doesn't seem to be missing the playoffs them going on a bit of a run to catch the Kings would be a good thing . Would likely also be 2nd Wildcard . So we'd have to win the West too to play the Kings .

Reactions: Sports2

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I wouldn't fix anything for a landlord unless they're paying me.
nobody said he had to fix it himself.
There's avenues, even in the most lax states, that he could have pursued to get this fixed where the landlord/property management would have been legally obligated to repair it. He chose to wait 3yrs instead of being bothered to pursue them.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Y'all are some f***ing nerds, lol. Analyzing past posts and delving into tenants rights all because some other f***ing nerd made a fuss about some nobody scoring 50 goals.

This is off-season behavior, damnit! :sarcasm:

Reactions: redbeardtx

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

He has another video. I couldn't stand to watch it for more than a couple minutes as it's 8 minutes long and he has an extremely punchable face, but I scrubbed through and he was talking about whose parents - Reinhart or Hyman - were more wealthy, presented a crayola graph to show his point and ruminated about the affects of COVID. That's all I need to know.

• Haha
Reactions: Satan

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Thinking back to Glendening to start OT to instantly change after he wins the faceoff still brings a smile to my face.

Reactions: piqued

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

He has another video. I couldn't stand to watch it for more than a couple minutes as it's 8 minutes long and he has an extremely punchable face, but I scrubbed through and he was talking about whose parents - Reinhart or Hyman - were more wealthy, presented a crayola graph to show his point and ruminated about the affects of COVID. That's all I need to know.

holy shit

i feel like this guy's last resort to stay relevant in 'hockey journalism circles' after being rejected (the sour grapes are strong with this guy) is to rage bait for clicks

i mean it's clearly working, maybe chinese tiktok ad revenue can take him out of the lower-middle class

this tweet kinda sums my thoughts up more on this topic
1711556090189.png

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
If I told you there was a game last night that featured a team composed of Mikael Pyyhtia, Carson Meyer, James Malatesta, Tyler Angle, and Jake Christiansen, would you be able to name that team without searching?

• Haha
Reactions: Smelling Salt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad