Around the League '23-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Back to back with the easier opponent first. Would have to assume Wedge starts in Chicago.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Blues now with 2 recent losses to the Sharks to likely seal their playoff fate. Crazy

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Just in from work and Vegas is up 1-0 early. Hate to say it but go Knights; a regulation win moves them back into 3rd in Pacific and keeps Canucks from gaining any points.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I'm starting to want the smoke.

I'd love Dallas to eliminate Vegas first round.

No way Vegas will have great chemistry come game 1. Hertl will be a bit player at best and stone will take time to be up to game speed.

Vegas were in prime physical condition and cohesion by the WCF last year..they aren't that at the moment

Hoping the Stars nail that 1 seed...and if it's Vegas round 1, let's eliminate them

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I'm starting to want the smoke.

I'd love Dallas to eliminate Vegas first round.

No way Vegas will have great chemistry come game 1. Hertl will be a bit player at best and stone will take time to be up to game speed.

Vegas were in prime physical condition and cohesion by the WCF last year..they aren't that at the moment

Hoping the Stars nail that 1 seed...and if it's Vegas round 1, let's eliminate them
Is Stone going to be back? Or are you just assuming he will be because of last year?

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Even with Stone back, I feel confident in saying that we're a better team than Vegas, but you can't discredit the Champs until they're eliminated. They play with a ton of swagger and I really would hate for our first-round opponent in our best season in eons to be them, lol.

That being said, I don't believe in the Canucks or Oilers too much, so I could easily see Vegas making it to the WCF if they go the Pacific route, and I would much rather face them in Round 1 than Round 3, push come to shove.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I'm just happy to avoid playing Avs or Jets in round one, let them play each other, and assuming we win round one, we can deal with the winner of that series in round two.

We are kind of like Vegas, we will have Hakanpaa and Daddy rise from the dead like Stone for game one! Except we don't have 55 mil in extra cap

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
It’s an assumption, but it’s all but an assured thing.
Based on the some of the posts on here from VGK fans, they believe his injury is legit and don’t expect him back. At least they’re acting that one. Non-VGK fans all seem to be assuming he will be 100% for game 1.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well having easier opponents and the hopefully a quicker series win there's a higher chance to reach the later rounds with less injuries. Seen it time and time again the healthier team usually wins those.

There aren't any easy opponents in the West this year but there's good and less good matchups. I think we can beat any team but some matchups are less good for player health

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
i'm still not convinced it's actually better to have home ice advantage. getting that road split seems so common in the first two games and you instantly have momentum as the lesser seed.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Well having easier opponents and the hopefully a quicker series win there's a higher chance to reach the later rounds with less injuries. Seen it time and time again the healthier team usually wins those.

There aren't any easy opponents in the West this year but there's good and less good matchups. I think we can beat any team but some matchups are less good for player health
Ya that’s my biggest concern for round 1. Which opponent is least likely to cause injuries.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
i'm still not convinced it's actually better to have home ice advantage. getting that road split seems so common in the first two games and you instantly have momentum as the lesser seed.

I forget who said it first, a few coaches have, but I like the thought that home ice in the playoffs only matters for Game 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad