Around the League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Looks like the darker spots of the ice with paint were absorbing sunlight and heating up

if you haven’t been to Tahoe and skied on a sunny day it’s really wild
It can be cold, but the snow gets heavy and slushy
And the suns reflection can really sunburn and burn your eyes.

that altitude can get really bright!!

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Hockey God's wrath for not having SJS, as bad as they are, playing in the game. Does the NHL not realize that Lake Tahoe spans the CA/NV border? And Las Vegas is almost twice as far from Tahoe than San Jose is.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Dubois was a beast for Winnipeg tonight. First good game I’ve seen from him this year. Lots of interruptions for him.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Batherson has 10 points this season already. Remember when the Ducks said they wanted to draft Batherson alot but went with Badini instead ?
Ottawa has a fine history of developing players, forwards, Dmen, goalies etc.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
With what's going on with the Rangers now, Ducks don't look so bad even if they are playing shitty. I think I need a break from hockey, lol.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
What's this about?
Basically, conveniently a few days after Panarin vocally voiced his support for Putin's treatment of Navalny, allegations of Panarin being involved in a 10-year-old assault case popped up, propagated by his old coach who's well known for being a government lapdog and an outright lunatic of his own (known for, ironically, assaulting several people). They're claiming he beat up a girl at a hotel bar after a loss, which Panarin "vehemently and unequivocally" denies.

Now Panarin has taken a leave of absence as a result, and people are debating whether that's because he's guilty and is running from the blame or whether he's worried about his family still in Russia. Either way, this smells way too much like Putin's playbook to hold water.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
So I see Kirill Kaprizov is this generation's Marian Gaborik, in that NHL fans will be dumbfounded by the fact that a player of his skill level is in Minnesota when he should be playing for a way cooler franchise.

Last edited:

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Montreal fires Claude Julien, assistants Kirk Muller and Luke Richardson, and the goalie coach Stephane Waite. Ducharme named new coach, Alex Burrows was added to their scouting staff.

What a bizarre time for this, the team seems to be winning (9-5-4)...? :dunno:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Montreal is a bizarre team in general. Just a weird mish mosh of players to me. Tough to tell if they’re supposed to be good or bad

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Montreal fires Claude Julien, assistants Kirk Muller and Luke Richardson, and the goalie coach Stephane Waite. Ducharme named new coach, Alex Burrows was added to their scouting staff.

What a bizarre time for this, the team seems to be winning (9-5-4)...? :dunno:

Julien was one of the main reasons they have the record they do, he’s one of the best coaches in the game. He’s got Petry playing his best hockey of his career and the Habs are sitting in a much better position than they were last season. If they want to look at potential issues maybe the play of their goalie is where they should start...

Bergevin is a mad man.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Woke up this morning to see the standings, Man, I get flack for following two teams religiously but am I being punished? Lol.

E04EFD05-3EF9-41F5-B514-B54BF1815FE9.jpeg

Reactions: McDonald19

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Its not shocking that Dallas isn't having last years success, they have a ton of 30+ old players (Pavelski, Radulov, Comeau, Khudobin, Cogliano, Benn, Fedun, Dowling, Bishop).
They have some nice young players like Heiskenen but they should try to see at the deadline if anyone takes soon to be 37 Pavelski to free up some cap space to sign RNH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad