Around the League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Dallas has 5 points in its last 10 games: 1-6-3, the only team worse in the last ten is the Ducks with 4 points in its last 10 games: 1-7-2
Dallas has slid to 8th worst Points %
They should turn things around but don't see them going to the finals again.

If they offload some vets and free up salary they can replace the spots of several veterans with UFAs and rebound next year or the year after.
They got a nice group of young players but some of those veterans are a bit old.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
wasn't sutter a senior advisor to eakins or something like that? or was that just last season

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I must admit I’m pretty shocked that Wilson only got 7 games for that hit on Carlo given his history and the fact there was no penalty called. But I guess the wheel of discipline keeps on spinning and confounding me

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Oh my God

I thought he would be too small to really succeed in the NHL.

I think even with the points he could had been quite better last playoffs, his size limits him to some extent but man, you always have to be on your toes if you are on the ice and Barzal is on the opposing team. What a goal. Great player!

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I don't think I like the first one, insofar as it means that a bottom 4 team can't get a top 3 pick more than twice in five years. It punishes consistently bad teams more than it prevents tanking. Not that getting #4 picks would make that much of a difference normally, but in some scenarios it totally could.

Overall, a welcome direction, though. I'm glad they're putting in some limits.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think I like the first one, insofar as it means that a bottom 4 team can't get a top 3 pick more than twice in five years. It punishes consistently bad teams more than it prevents tanking. Not that getting #4 picks would make that much of a difference normally, but in some scenarios it totally could.

Overall, a welcome direction, though. I'm glad they're putting in some limits.

No, I think its 1st and 2nd OA. They can get, like a 1OA and then a 3rdOA. since the last bullet point says lottery would go from 3 to 2 picks.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Yes. Even if they ‘win’ the #2 pick, that counts, too.
Not a fan of that at all. I understand trying to dissuade teams from tanking but that just seems excessive to me. I’m not sure many teams are actually trying to lose games in the NHL. I think that happens more in other leagues

To me the #1 overall should go to the worst team more, not less

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Oh, right, that's totally correct. I don't know where I took that three from. That's definitely better and I wouldn't mind that at all. Nobody wants another Edmonton.

What's good about this, teams can only fall 2 spots, and not 3 spots. Since it's only two lottery picks and not three.

Reactions: Dryish

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Not a fan of that at all. I understand trying to dissuade teams from tanking but that just seems excessive to me. I’m not sure many teams are actually trying to lose games in the NHL. I think that happens more in other leagues

To me the #1 overall should go to the worst team more, not less
I get where you’re coming from, but it’s not like you would get excluded from the top 10 or anything. If you win 2 lotteries out of 5, and you’re still the worst team in the league, you are guaranteed the #3 pick still (assuming the lottery changes from 3 to 2).

Reactions: Leonardo87

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I like the third bullet. At worst you drop two spots. Unfortunately this year Seattle has the #3 spot going into the lottery, so that bumps everyone but the two worst teams down one spot before the lottery.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I like the third bullet. At worst you drop two spots. Unfortunately this year Seattle has the #3 spot going into the lottery, so that bumps everyone but the two worst teams down one spot before the lottery.

So right now it’s:

1. Buffalo
2. Detroit
3. Seattle
4. Ottawa
5. Anaheim

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
So right now it’s:

1. Buffalo
2. Detroit
3. Seattle
4. Ottawa
5. Anaheim
a 5th overall pick after how bad this season has been would really suck

that's why i don't bother with "team tank" anymore. this franchise never gets any luck go their way in the draft

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
This is pretty big. Hopefully they can get Gary Thorne back, too.

Think his contract with MASN (Baltimore Orioles) expired at the end of last season, so unless anything's changed, he's a free agent. Would be good to have him back in the booth on national TV again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad