Around the League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Its not shocking that Dallas isn't having last years success, they have a ton of 30+ old players (Pavelski, Radulov, Comeau, Khudobin, Cogliano, Benn, Fedun, Dowling, Bishop).
They have some nice young players like Heiskenen but they should try to see at the deadline if anyone takes soon to be 37 Pavelski to free up some cap space to sign RNH.
Dobby has been decent tho

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I'm so incredibly pissed that we passed on Høglander. Awesome player and physical strong despite being 5.09.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Dallas got ravaged by COVID, are missing their 1C and goalie and their 1D is having a down season. Despite that they’re still 5th in their division. That’s not bad all things considering.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Dallas got ravaged by COVID, are missing their 1C and goalie and their 1D is having a down season. Despite that they’re still 5th in their division. That’s not bad all things considering.

And they have played the least games out of their division. Like Columbus that is in front of them in standings has played six more games than Dallas. Their positions in the standings could easily turn upside down. Covid has messed up their schedule and some of their players as well. I think they'll make the playoffs in the end.

Reactions: Paul4587 and Kalv

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Woke up this morning to see the standings, Man, I get flack for following two teams religiously but am I being punished? Lol.

View attachment 400779

Man, the Perds fell off of a cliff. Ownership is probably loyal to Poile, but given the Hynesdenburg disaster they’re currently dealing with, he should not get the opportunity to hire another coach (among the myriad of transactional issues he’s had)

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Man, the Perds fell off of a cliff. Ownership is probably loyal to Poile, but given the Hynesdenburg disaster they’re currently dealing with, he should not get the opportunity to hire another coach (among the myriad of transactional issues he’s had)

Pretty crazy that this is only coach #3, but I don't at all agree with the premise. Poile didn't stop being a good GM, at least I don't think, and firing a good GM because "its time" or whatever is probably a bad idea. Seems like it's a problem with Hynes for whatever reason.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
johansen and arvidsson have completely fallen off the last few seasons too

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Johansen’s collapse is interesting for sure but I wonder if there are some major attitude and work ethic issues there.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
This is depressing: Sharks let Dubynk give up 7 goals to the Blues. Jones would have given up a few if they put him in. That's how much confidence their coach has in Jones, so they leave Dubnyk out to dry.

If I am the Sharks coach, I'd just start pulling the goalie with 5 minutes left if trailing by one. You figure that ur goalie may give up another anyways so why not pull him and see if ur forwards tie it and take it to OT.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I know the Ducks have been struggling, and whatnot and lacking the Top 6 talent has been a major reason for that. But what’s going on in Buffalo is an utter mess. Ducks were expected to have a painful road ahead. But how many 1OA or 2ndOA picks does Buffalo need to even be decent.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I know the Ducks have been struggling, and whatnot and lacking the Top 6 talent has been a major reason for that. But what’s going on in Buffalo is an utter mess. Ducks were expected to have a painful road ahead. But how many 1OA or 2ndOA picks does Buffalo need to even be decent.

Still very early days in his career but they’re doing their absolute best to ruin Dahlins development. He should have been a can’t miss generational defenseman but they’re royally screwing that up. What a mess.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA

They're going to the Edmonton school of running (ruining?) a franchise, they need more until they get a can't miss, generational talent gifted to them.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Patrick Kane doesn’t get enough credit. Amazing how good that guy is still.

A lot of people thought he wouldn’t be worth that contract but he’s been worth every penny so far

Awesome talent

If the season ended today he’s likely the Hart winner. Him and McDavid are a pretty clear 1st and 2nd for me.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Patrick Kane doesn’t get enough credit. Amazing how good that guy is still.

A lot of people thought he wouldn’t be worth that contract but he’s been worth every penny so far

Awesome talent

His career, all said and done, makes an easy case for best American. He's ~ 300 points behind Brett Hull for most NHL points by an American, and is playing like that's a low estimate. He's won the Calder, Hart, Ross, and Smythe, and has 3 cup rings. The real question is where will he end up all time? Hawerchuck is 20th all time at 1409 points, not too far ahead of Hull.

Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
His career, all said and done, makes an easy case for best American. He's ~ 300 points behind Brett Hull for most NHL points by an American, and is playing like that's a low estimate. He's won the Calder, Hart, Ross, and Smythe, and has 3 cup rings. The real question is where will he end up all time? Hawerchuck is 20th all time at 1409 points, not too far ahead of Hull.
I would be shocked if Kane doesn’t make it to 1500 points. He’s got probably 6-7 seasons left and is still a 90 point player. Even with some decline factored in, I think he gets there

Reactions: SirQuacksALot

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
I would be shocked if Kane doesn’t make it to 1500 points. He’s got probably 6-7 seasons left and is still a 90 point player. Even with some decline factored in, I think he gets there

Players that can produce at a point per game at 30+ are rare. He's currently doing that for his 3rd straight season. He's at just over 1.41 points per game this season, a 116 point pace over 82 games, or 78 point pace in this shortened year. It's crazy how good he is right now, especially considering the team hasn't been world beaters for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad