Around the League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Apparently Sharks are after Dubnyk and Avalanche are after Rask. Bruins want one of Pietro or OEL

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Apparently Sharks are after Dubnyk and Avalanche are after Rask. Bruins want one of Pietro or OEL

Wilson should be fired if he gets Dubnyk on top of Jones. Unless he’s shedding a horrific contract in the process (looking at Vlasic).

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Their core is fully healthy so should be interesting to see how their season shakes out.
In speaking to reporters on Friday, general manager Doug Wilson said the Sharks’ core players are healthy as the offseason begins, including Karlsson. In fact, Wilson said this might be the first time Karlsson has been fully healthy since joining the organization in September of 2018.

Karlsson fully healthy for first time with Sharks, GM Wilson says

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
A healthy Karlsson is scary for Pacific division teams. That said a goalie tandem of Jones and Dubnyk should offset any gains they get from a healthy EK.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Someone saying Karlsson is “fully healthy” doesn’t mean anything. In other sports, players routinely show up to camp in the “best shape of their life” so often that it’s a running joke for the people that cover them. We’ll see what happens when the games start.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
1st Vegas
2nd Vancouver
3rd Edmonton
4th Calgary
5th Arizona
6th San Jose
7th Anaheim
8th Los Angeles
The reason i have the Ducks ahead of the Kings is because we may finally see some production from Steel, Comtois, Terry and Mahura as well as getting more points out of Heinen/Milano than always injured Kase and always out of shape Ritchie. Sharks are not a good team but not Ducks level of bad.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Sharks have Jones in net. Sure they have Karlsson, but Burns is 35 and Vlasic is not what he used to be. Their top 6 is ok I guess, but not sure what depth they will be able to roll out.

I think we don't have as got top6 as them but depth wise we might have an advantage.
Defense I see us as a better team
Goal I see us as a better team

That's on paper of course, but I'm pretty confident.
Also, Arizona will be worse next season.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
We are definitely going to compete for last place with the current roster we have, we'll see what happens though.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Kings acquire Olli Maata from Chicago in what amounts to a straight cap dump for the Hawks, who acquire a fringe/non prospect in return to balance contracts.

Probably a decent move for LA to get a stop gap for their top 4. Circumstances being what they are, it's still crazy to see that Maata has fallen far enough to not have any value even with the retention.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Sharks have Jones in net. Sure they have Karlsson, but Burns is 35 and Vlasic is not what he used to be. Their top 6 is ok I guess, but not sure what depth they will be able to roll out.

I think we don't have as got top6 as them but depth wise we might have an advantage.
Defense I see us as a better team
Goal I see us as a better team

That's on paper of course, but I'm pretty confident.
Also, Arizona will be worse next season.

Yeah Arizona is tearing it down. Likely no OEL, maybe no Kuemper and no Hall. They’re going to be bad.

Reactions: Kalv

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I don't see anything that would make them clearly better than us.
If San Jose's forwards play just a little better than last year and Karlsson returns healthy (which he apparently is for the first time since he was traded), they will be notably than Anaheim. Hertl and Couture missed quite a few games as well last year and SJ as a team only scored 2 fewer goals than Anaheim.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Kings acquire Olli Maata from Chicago in what amounts to a straight cap dump for the Hawks, who acquire a fringe/non prospect in return to balance contracts.

Probably a decent move for LA to get a stop gap for their top 4. Circumstances being what they are, it's still crazy to see that Maata has fallen far enough to not have any value even with the retention.

It's buyers' market. Chicago needed cap space and Määttä was easy to move 'cos he has some value and he isn't part of the team going forward. They need to sign Kubalik, Strome and goalie (possibly from FA market) so they needed cap space more than they needed Määttä. LA just got fine veteran defence for almost nothing. Good deal for both parties.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
It's buyers' market. Chicago needed cap space and Määttä was easy to move 'cos he has some value and he isn't part of the team going forward. They need to sign Kubalik, Strome and goalie (possibly from FA market) so they needed cap space more than they needed Määttä. LA just got fine veteran defence for almost nothing. Good deal for both parties.
We count 26yos as veterans in this day and age?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think LA is doing some great stuff

San Jose will still be just ok
Most of the great stuff LA had done is with regards to players that are 1-3 years away from the NHL. They’re a basement team the next couple years just like us.

the sharks have the best roster out of the 3 Ca teams but have too much money tied up in aging veterans

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Flames going with their old looks:

120924103_3204896286303879_3379761339472090147_o.jpg

I think they are fantastic jerseys and the right decision.

I just hope it puts some (even if minimal) pressure on our management to go with a bit cleaner look. Those side stripes on our jerseys are... what even are they? Why?

Reactions: Doothpick

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
What happened to Ryan Donato? He was so good in the Olympics and his first few games with Boston. Now his trade value is 3rd round pick?

I’m not sure Bill Guerin has any idea what he is doing.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I dont get the point unless they plan on moving Jones, but there’s no way anyone would take Jones right?

Not a chance. Dumb move by Wilson picking up a washed up goalie when the goalie market is so good this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad