Around the League 2020-21 part 2 *Insert funny thread title here* edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Nice piece on the 1960 gold medal winning U.S. Olympic hockey team. I saw Jack McCartan play many a game for the San Diego Gulls when I was a kid.

9b179c6851868da859eb6f233eadd89c445c25c5.jpg

denver-spurs-denver-spurs-milan-marcetta-is-hit-by-flying-object-from-picture-id838550362

Last edited:

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Got to say this is was fav outdoor venue thus far. Beats out Wrigley and the Big House. Wish the Kings/Sharks had been here instead of Levi’s.

This is a more intimate setting. All the other venues were large stadia. I’d actually love to see something like this continue with a limited amount of fans but, I doubt it would ever happen. Revenue is king.

Reactions: BringTheReign

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Eichel & a 2nd for

Kupari or Turcotte, Walker and a 1st 2021.

No chance are the Kings getting Eichel without including Byfield. Especially with the Kings looking decent and unlikely to be picking in the top 5.

I’ve said it before and still do think the Kings are going to take a long look if any youngish elite forward becomes available. If Kopitar and Doughty aren’t being moved then it makes little sense to wait a few years for some of these guys to be impact players, if they ever are.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
No chance are the Kings getting Eichel without including Byfield. Especially with the Kings looking decent and unlikely to be picking in the top 5.

I’ve said it before and still do think the Kings are going to take a long look if any young forward becomes available. If Kopitar and Doughty aren’t being moved then it makes little sense to wait a few years for some of these guys to be impact players, if they ever are.
In reality, in made little sense to keep Kopitar and Doughty.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Year what, 12? Of Calgary going "no we don't have a goalie problem"

Edit: ignore me, all the "g"s made me think "goalie"

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
In reality, in made little sense to keep Kopitar and Doughty.

Yeah, but there was no one in the organization who had the guts (or the ok from ownership) to do it. Lombardi could have done it but he thought he had a contender until the day he was fired and had an unhealthy loyalty to players, Blake it took 2 years to realize it and had already committed to Doughty for basically the rest of his career. I don’t blame the Kings for wanting to keep Anze for his whole career, he will go down as IMO the best player in franchise history and they had to keep one guy to put on billboards.

Doughty is playing as well as he’s played in years though. Doughty was one of the most disappointing players in the NHL the last couple of years but has been elite this season.

Reactions: ibleedkings

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Unfortunately, doty needed motivation.

For me, $11 million would have been motiviation enough but that's just me.

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
All right, here we go. 9 PM. The outdoor game is back on track. Let's see if they can make it to the end. Most likely will.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Found it just in time to watch Mackinnon go all video game. It's on NBCSN in case you didn't know.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
The three M's put on an absolute show yesterday. McDavid, MacKinnon, and Matthews are all must-watch.

As a side note, I think the Avalanche might be the most fun team to watch I can remember. The puck movement, edge work, and straight line speed even at 5-on-5 is just incredible.

Also re: the convo above on letting Kopitar & Doughty walk/trading them earlier, the only comparisons I can think of in the cap era are Chara, Tavares, Pietrangelo/Krug, Carter, and Richards. Only one of those players already had a Cup with the team they left, and none of the teams they left from have gone on to do anything yet (obviously St. Louis still has a great chance to get another ring sans-Pietrangelo, but we'll see). I'm here for the arguments that management caved and overpaid both for the sake of roster/cap management, but I still don't think there's any set of GM & President in the league that lets them walk or trades them as early as folks suggest they could've been let go.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad