Around the League 2020-21 part 2 *Insert funny thread title here* edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
At least we aren't the Leafs tonight.....

It's the weirdest when it comes to expectations. I don't expect the Kings to contend and I'm sitting feeling calm about stuff while the Leafs whose been looking all right this season, lost a four-goal lead and the game against the Senators and now the fans are probably in the "it's the end of the world" mode that they usually go into when something like this happens.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Death, Taxes, Toronto going "lol we don't need to solidify our defense/goaltending" while they wet fart their way to repeatedly high scoring losses

Can't wait to see how high they finish in the standings so which low seed is going to feast on that

Man, they really are going full Joe Thornton Experience, aren't they?

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Death, Taxes, Toronto going "lol we don't need to solidify our defense/goaltending" while they wet fart their way to repeatedly high scoring losses

Can't wait to see how high they finish in the standings so which low seed is going to feast on that

But, but, but Toronto's Making it to the Stanley Cup says a thread in the main boards. :laugh:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Man, this North division is porous. Some brutal defense in this Edmonton - Winnipeg game.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
If any Kings player made the play Draisaitl just made, we'd be stringing him up by his ankles. Gave away the puck in the slot to Connor as he was skating towards the goalie... just terrible.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
If any Kings player made the play Draisaitl just made, we'd be stringing him up by his ankles. Gave away the puck in the slot to Connor as he was skating towards the goalie... just terrible.

Couldn't be worse than the one Getzlaf just gifted to Couture.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Man, this North division is porous. Some brutal defense in this Edmonton - Winnipeg game.

Every Canadian team going to get saddled with bad contracts as every players is going to set career highs this year in that division.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Every Canadian team going to get saddled with bad contracts as every players is going to set career highs this year in that division.

It's crazy. Three of the bottom four teams in goals against are from the North. Only Montreal and Calgary are even in the top half of the league, and neither are in the top ten. Meanwhile, in the West division, Colorado, Vegas, and Minnesota are top five in the league, and only San Jose is in the bottom ten.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Imagine Quick with the D we have against McDavid....lol

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It's crazy. Three of the bottom four teams in goals against are from the North. Only Montreal and Calgary are even in the top half of the league, and neither are in the top ten. Meanwhile, in the West division, Colorado, Vegas, and Minnesota are top five in the league, and only San Jose is in the bottom ten.
There is an easy explanation for this. The defensemen playing for the Canadian teams were given the OHL n0-check rules at the beginning of the season, and believe those are in effect.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

I can't tell you how many of their fans I told that too this offseason, who swore they had the cap flexibility to make any deal...lol

Lt Dan wins again

Last edited:

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Coyotes...

giphy.gif

Reactions: ru4reals

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
No one would have this discussion of the Coyotes folding or relocating if they had stable ownership and more consistency in having success from a regular season view and from a business view like what Dallas and Tampa Bay has going in their current state. If only, for the people of Arizona's sake.

I mean Tampa Bay had ownership issues, as shown in this article that someone posted in the main boards (Team Turmoil A mystery owner, squabbling management, a nine-figure debt and a rotten record have put the Tampa Bay Lightning, probably the worst-run franchise in sports, on the brink of ruin) and they managed to weather the storm enough. Kings had issues in the mid-90s when it came to ownership and they managed to weather the storm thanks to AEG.

Coyotes though.... 25 years and counting and not much to show for it. Clocks a ticking and hopefully, a shift in any direction can happen for them.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
An oiler fan in that thread mentioned the belief by a few people that Matthews will end up in SJ or LA as a UFA after the 2024 season. Does anyone know what facts support this belief?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
An oiler fan in that thread mentioned the belief by a few people that Matthews will end up in SJ or LA as a UFA after the 2024 season. Does anyone know what facts support this belief?

AZ makes sense, why would LA or SJ and exclude ANA?

I don't know of any facts but even conjecture doesn't make sense

Reactions: Stimpythecat

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
No one would have this discussion of the Coyotes folding or relocating if they had stable ownership and more consistency in having success from a regular season view and from a business view like what Dallas and Tampa Bay has going in their current state. If only, for the people of Arizona's sake.

I mean Tampa Bay had ownership issues, as shown in this article that someone posted in the main boards (Team Turmoil A mystery owner, squabbling management, a nine-figure debt and a rotten record have put the Tampa Bay Lightning, probably the worst-run franchise in sports, on the brink of ruin) and they managed to weather the storm enough. Kings had issues in the mid-90s when it came to ownership and they managed to weather the storm thanks to AEG.

Coyotes though.... 25 years and counting and not much to show for it. Clocks a ticking and hopefully, a shift in any direction can happen for them.

Please welcome to the NHL: The Salt Lake City Golden Discs!

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Why would Matthews want to play for either us or the Sharks? Unless he gets sick of the Toronto media I can't see any big name free agent would ever want to come to California in his prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad