Around the league 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I wouldn’t count Vegas out yet. I’m not convinced that the series isn’t going 7.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Ah what the f*** I thought the game was an 8 Eastern start like all the other ones. I've missed most of it dammit.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Pretty impressive how the Lightning have done this w/o Stamkos. But then again, it's not like he's ever been a tremendous postseason performer. Big fan of Jon Cooper, I hope they end up winning it all.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Pretty impressive how the Lightning have done this w/o Stamkos. But then again, it's not like he's ever been a tremendous postseason performer. Big fan of Jon Cooper, I hope they end up winning it all.
Yeah I’d say Stamkos is like their 7th best player in the playoffs.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Not like it’s their first time making the conference final without him either. Crazy how much time he’s missed in the postseason.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
So happy to see the Stars win (can’t believe I just said that).

Not really sure what changed with that team since i don’t really watch them, and I only think of them as the team we beat in the playoffs last we faced them.

Reactions: Paul4587

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Definitely interesting that in games Vegas has a lead in the third Theodore’s ice time is rarely over 20 minutes and he’s largely stapled to the bench late in the game.

Further reiterates how sheltered he is. He’s nowhere near as good as the analytics community and box score scouts think he is.

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Perry with his butt parked in front of the net on both the GTG and GWG.

Thought he may have been given an assist on the GTG, it looked like he touched it when it rebounded out. He had a good series despite not getting any points.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I think Tampa is more than good enough to overcome Dallas' horseshoe they have lodged up their ass.

10 seconds from being down 3-1 to the lowly Flames and then got to go against a 3rd string career AHL goalie and STILL almost blew a 3-1 series lead, needing a G7 hat trick from a guy that wouldn't have even played if not for an injury to a guy who literally never gets hurt. Then to top it off you get the series clincher on an OT PP when a Knight breaks their stick.

How often do you win a series in 5 outscoring a team 9-8?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Tampa is gonna destroy Dallas but if the NY Islanders were to win by a miracle then i could see Dallas crushing the Islanders. Islanders appear to lack a #1D.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I remember watching 2011 playoffs and Stamkos was a beast in the games I saw. Well he was still 20 years old and some of his teammates had more points than him but I remember the eye test told me he will be a beast for years to come.
Some injuries damaged him I guess.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So happy to see Perry and Cogs advance to the cup finals. And Khudobin too, he played for us as well, albeit much shorter time than those two.

Perry was instrumental for that GTG and he was right in front of then net for that whole play for GWG. Brings back memories.

In the handshake line Karlsson hugged Pears as Pears was saying ''Wild Bill'' :laugh:

EDIT: Seguin has scored only 2+8 in 20 games. But he has been blocking some shots and I guess found a way to be effective. Wouldn't be surprised if he comes back somewhat in the finals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad