Around the league 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
So then strip his ‘A’ and bury him in the pressbox. The ducks didnt have to buy him out

Perry would still be practicing with the team in your scenario, sulking and angry (understandably). And around the younger players which is a big part of what the ducks management did not want. As Static pointing out, they did the right thing by Perry in letting him find a different opportunity, even if it was not an easy decision.

Reactions: Static

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I dont care about the sentimental stuff quite aa much as you do.
But I agree it hasnt and probably wont affect us. I understand why Murray did it
It would be more than sentimental stuff, there would be tangible effects to deal with in an already troubled room. Having a disgruntled former star who is best friends with the captain isn't a recipe for great success in a room full of kids learning to be pros.

Reactions: duckpuck

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I keep changing my mind on who gets the Smythe. I think it’s Points to lose now. Hedman was way ahead until game 4 then he had two terrible games in a row and Point continues to score. Kucherov is also deserving. Tampa is ridiculously spoilt to have those three on their team.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
sad for Cogs and Perry, not thrilled Maroon wins again, but whatever. Tampa was obviously the better team and a good example of how to build an exciting team that can also win. hopefully other teams follow their example.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
sad for Cogs and Perry, not thrilled Maroon wins again, but whatever. Tampa was obviously the better team and a good example of how to build an exciting team that can also win. hopefully other teams follow their example.

That's a lot easier said than done. This is 99% due to them being the best drafting team over the past decade.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Despised all four CF teams, and in the end got to witness the most boring one out of them all win. Meh, indeed. Sucky as has been the rest of this year.

Good for Stamkos and Vasilevsky, though.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I'm actually happy Tampa won, despite Cogs and Perrs I dislike the Stars a lot. Wish we could rebuild as well as they did, granted that having 1st and 2nd overalls helps more than 8s and 9s. Hedman is a heck of a player, I remember the skepticism around him the first two years he was in the NHL lol...

Reactions: Paul4587

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm actually happy Tampa won, despite Cogs and Perrs I dislike the Stars a lot. Wish we could rebuild as well as they did, granted that having 1st and 2nd overalls helps more than 8s and 9s. Hedman is a heck of a player, I remember the skepticism around him the first two years he was in the NHL lol...
Yeah, there were some trade talks a few years in.

Oh well... wanted the Stars to get it for Cogs and Perry but Tampa just outshot and IIRC outhit them every game. Was bound to happen.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
At this point Maroon will be one of those guys that hangs around into his early 40s due to the experience he has I think. How many deep runs is that for him now, like 5?

Good for him. Wish he won one with us too

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Or Eichel?

Pietro, Fox and Trouba would be the best group of RDs in the league if it happened.
Eichel already said with his agent's mouth that he's not willing to move out of Buffalo as of now. That rumour was dead in the water before it even made a splash.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Even with his emotional press conference, I’m just glad Benn did not win. I have this irrational dislike for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille