Around the league 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Connor 7 years 7.1 million. Fantastic deal for the Jets. Top line player locked up for all his prime years at a reasonable price

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Now that all the big money RFAs are signed I love the fact the while the tide is definitely rising for young guys to get paid early, the Leafs absolutely came out the worst after assuring everybody it was a new day and everybody was going to have to play the same game. I love it. :laugh:

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Watching the Sharks-Knights game and WOW, Vegas absolutely owns Evander Kane's brain. The guy gets frustrated and upset every time he's on the ice.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Lots of fireworks in Vegas tonight. Linesman shouldn’t have tackled Kane (it was very obvious and not at all related to him trying to separate Kane from Engelland), but he took a wicked slash to the back from Kane. Honestly both Kane and the official ought to sit out for a few.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
Lots of fireworks in Vegas tonight. Linesman shouldn’t have tackled Kane (it was very obvious and not at all related to him trying to separate Kane from Engelland), but he took a wicked slash to the back from Kane. Honestly both Kane and the official ought to sit out for a few.
He whacked an official with his stick? That should be an automatic 20 games! Is that really what happened?

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
He whacked an official with his stick? That should be an automatic 20 games! Is that really what happened?

He hit the ref inadvertently when he was swinging at Engelland, but he got thrown out for abuse of officials for shoving him after. The ref didn't tackle him, he was grabbing him & they lost their balance. Kane of course is playing the victim.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That`s quite the rivalry they are brewing between SJ and Vegas.

Saw the Kane incident and his response after the game. Felt like Kane played a victim a bit, he was slashing Engelland hard. Very very bad timing to do it when the ref is behind Engelland.
If ther is indeed some ''picking'' among the refs for black players, the refs need to sit, but didn`t saw it here.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Anybody who thinks the linesman actually tackled Kane needs to have their game sense checked.

On that note, I couldn't be happier about an impending ten-ish game suspension Kane is going to get hit with.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Saw the Kane incident and his response after the game. Felt like Kane played a victim a bit, he was slashing Engelland hard. Very very bad timing to do it when the ref is behind Engelland.
If ther is indeed some ''picking'' among the refs for black players, the refs need to sit, but didn`t saw it here.
I didn't see Kane mention anything about refs discriminating against black players. Just interested if this is a quote from him directly.

Anyway, here's the play:

And here's how Kane saw it:
“I’ve never seen the refs take five strides and if you look at his face, he’s getting all his power and trying to drive me into the ice, which is what he did,” Kane said. “That’s unbelievable. Talk about abuse of an official, what about abuse of a player? It’s an absolute joke.”

After seeing that video, I have to say Kane might just be exaggerating it just a bit.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I didn't see Kane mention anything about refs discriminating against black players. Just interested if this is a quote from him directly.

Anyway, here's the play:

“I’ve never seen the refs take five strides and if you look at his face, he’s getting all his power and trying to drive me into the ice, which is what he did,” Kane said. “That’s unbelievable. Talk about abuse of an official, what about abuse of a player? It’s an absolute joke.”

After seeing that video, I have to say Kane might just be exaggerating it just a bit.

Kane did not mention anything about the race difference, but I was left with an understanding he meant it. Now, I might be fully wrong here, it`s just speculation on my part after I saw this matter on twitter within 1 minute of time so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

Anyway, here's the play:

Yeah I think Kane remembers the linesman's activity a bit wrong, but I don't think he's wrong about the tone. Kane is just sorta standing there, gliding after the play and then the linesman grabs him and he goes down. It wasn't like the linesman was trying to separate players. The whole sequence was initiated by Engelland in the first place, but the linesman treats Kane as the dangerous one. It was a bit weird.

gunnergunther

Jul 3, 2010
Yeah I think Kane remembers the linesman's activity a bit wrong, but I don't think he's wrong about the tone. Kane is just sorta standing there, gliding after the play and then the linesman grabs him and he goes down. It wasn't like the linesman was trying to separate players. The whole sequence was initiated by Engelland in the first place, but the linesman treats Kane as the dangerous one. It was a bit weird.
What? The linesman grabbed engelland first and got slashed for it and then let him go after he started skating away, then Kane swings back and starts heading in engallands direction and that when he grabs Kane.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It's quite likely the linesman's actions were based as much on what he heard on the ice and not just what he saw. And let's not forget, accident or not, the linesman took a pretty hard slash from Kane while trying to keep the players separated. He knew the animosity was building between the two players. And it's quite obvious that he and Kane tripped/slipped which caused them both to fall.

The idea that a linesman would intentionally risk his job being blatantly biased is laughable.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Didn't that one guy on the Flames several years ago get 20 game suspension for assaulting a ref ? I bet Kane only gets 10 games because its the Sharks.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Didn't that one guy on the Flames several years ago get 20 game suspension for assaulting a ref ? I bet Kane only gets 10 games because its the Sharks.

Wideman and it got reduced to 10 eventually.

There’s not a chance Kane gets more than 10 for this.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

That Edmonton forward line up is incredible, has to be one of the worst group of NHL wingers I can remember.

They are definitely claiming sprong hosang or both

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland

That Edmonton forward line up is incredible, has to be one of the worst group of NHL wingers I can remember.

Wow, that's impressive. Oilers are hoping that McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH make their wingers ten times better. I bet, they'll be playing McDavid with Draisaitl after one period into the season.

I'm happy that Jurco has a legitimate chance to play with a great center though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->