Around the league 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Columbus might buy out Wenberg, as weird as it sounds.

We are probably not the best suitor for him but if it comes to that, would not mind giving him a change of scenery.

Oh and the word is out that Jets might be moving Laine and the suitor could be... Columbus. Werenski was mentioned.

Last edited:

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Bobby Ryan should sign with which ever team Mikko Koivu signs with. Koivu be like Lol Hey don't steal my stick !

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Corey Perry with a huge goal.

I’m torn. I really want Tampa to win but also want Perry and Cogs to get a cup.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
MacLellan now assistant in Toronto. Why the hell he keeps switching teams so much?
Why the hell we did not take him back? (I actually don't know if we tried or not)

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Does it really matter? We'd have been just as terrible with him. At least now he's getting to play meaningful hockey.

We probably aren’t much better but the cap hit stings. I always thought we were better off riding out the contract, if the young guys had actually earned the spots before he was bought out that would have been one thing but they hadn’t.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
They should have rode out the contract and just been done with it after next season. Not that big of a deal though

Good for Perry getting to play on a contender

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
We probably aren’t much better but the cap hit stings. I always thought we were better off riding out the contract, if the young guys had actually earned the spots before he was bought out that would have been one thing but they hadn’t.

They should have rode out the contract and just been done with it after next season. Not that big of a deal though

Good for Perry getting to play on a contender

The problem with this narrative is that Perry had checked out, refused to do off season training, was injured, and they were concerned his poor work habits would not be a good example around the young players. This was a problem over multiple years. And his play and demeanor/effort on the ice reflected that.

Everyone knows that the ducks management and owners HATE buying out players. Yet they bought out Perry for big $$ after being unable to trade him presumably. That tells you everything you need to know about the situation. The ducks were literally willing to take the huge cap hit and pay $$ to not have him around.

Perry had a pretty pedestrian regular season for the Stars - didn't score much and received fourth lines minutes plus some power play time. He's been great during the playoffs - really turned it on which has been fun to watch.

I'm rooting for Perry and Cogs to do well and win a cup. Was great seeing him score clutch goals. But let's not pretend the ducks would have seen "playoff Corey" during the regular season. And the ducks weren't making the playoffs with or without him.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good for Perry! I don’t think Dallas can mount the full comeback and win it but at least they are not making it easy for Tampa.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The problem with this narrative is that Perry had checked out, refused to do off season training, was injured, and they were concerned his poor work habits would not be a good example around the young players. This was a problem over multiple years. And his play and demeanor/effort on the ice reflected that.

Everyone knows that the ducks management and owners HATE buying out players. Yet they bought out Perry for big $$ after being unable to trade him presumably. That tells you everything you need to know about the situation. The ducks were literally willing to take the huge cap hit and pay $$ to not have him around.

Perry had a pretty pedestrian regular season for the Stars - didn't score much and received fourth lines minutes plus some power play time. He's been great during the playoffs - really turned it on which has been fun to watch.

I'm rooting for Perry and Cogs to do well and win a cup. Was great seeing him score clutch goals. But let's not pretend the ducks would have seen "playoff Corey" during the regular season. And the ducks weren't making the playoffs with or without him.
So then strip his ‘A’ and bury him in the pressbox. The ducks didnt have to buy him out

Reactions: Paul4587

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
So then strip his ‘A’ and bury him in the pressbox. The ducks didnt have to buy him out
Buying him out was much better for what is left of Perry's career than banishing him. It would be awful to treat a franchise icon that way, and I'm glad Murray wouldn't do that. Getzlaf would have no doubt been pissed as well.

Perry's buyout hasn't affected our financial ability to do anything anyway.

Reactions: duckpuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Buying him out was much better for what is left of Perry's career than banishing him. It would be awful to treat a franchise icon that way, and I'm glad Murray wouldn't do that. Getzlaf would have no doubt been pissed as well.

Perry's buyout hasn't affected our financial ability to do anything anyway.
I dont care about the sentimental stuff quite aa much as you do.
But I agree it hasnt and probably wont affect us. I understand why Murray did it

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I dont care about the sentimental stuff quite aa much as you do.
But I agree it hasnt and probably wont affect us. I understand why Murray did it
You might not but i bet it would affect the locker room. Why would you want to piss off an icon and a leader and still have him come to your locker room everyday. Especially when hes consistently already shown signs of lack of motivation.

Much cleaner to just buy him out imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad