Around the league 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Tampa has looked good but this Islanders team just gets it done. I see a 7 game series coming

Reactions: Kalv

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
i'm not that invested in the Islanders or anything, but it is absolutely hilarious to me that they've had great playoff success right after losing Tavares; who wanted to leave to have playoff success with Toronto who can't even a play-in round.

Reactions: JabbaJabba and Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The way Tavares posted that photo after signing with Toronto was the douchiest move ever, he punched the Islanders fanbase in the nuts with that stunt, a low blow to his Islanders teammates as well, Islanders are more motivated to win as a team without him.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The way Tavares posted that photo after signing with Toronto was the douchiest move ever, he punched the Islanders fanbase in the nuts with that stunt, a low blow to his Islanders teammates as well, Islanders are more motivated to win as a team without him.
He’s a free agent who wanted to play for his favorite team growing up. It ain’t that big of a deal in my mind. It’s like Gerritt Cole signing with the Yankees. These guys can do whatever they choose. And if you grew up a fan of a team AND they’re willing to pay you the most, why wouldn’t you sign there?

But the Isles have certainly done a great job of not missing him much

Reactions: The Duck Knight

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
But if it were Dallas vs Tampa in the finals and Dallas won, could Dallas blow up its roster after winning the cup ?
They have quite a few guys who are likely to decline next season in Bishop, Khudobin, Pavelski, Radulov and the continued decline of Jamie Benn.
They have a nice trio in Heiskinen, Roope, Gurianov who will still be in their prime when a rebuild is over.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Vegas still has to be the favorites but they’re going to have a much tougher time against Dallas who can actually defend. On the flip side the Stars don’t have nearly as good goaltending as Vancouver.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Dallas completely outclassed Vegas in game one, the discrepancy between the two teams defensively was quite evident. Vegas will no doubt bounce back but they’re going to need Lehner a lot more than they have in their first two series.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Why did they start Fleury? It wasn't back to back.

Probably because Lehner is coming off a stretch where he started 3 games in 4 nights. I doubt they start Fleury if it was later in the series and/or a must win.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If Kucherov, Point and Hedman keep firing on all cylinders like they currently are you can hand Tampa the cup now. They’re so fun to watch.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That was not the same Islanders team that was playing against the Flyers and Washington. Perhaps the long Flyers series and travel to Edmonton late were some of the factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad