Around the league 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I remember watching 2011 playoffs and Stamkos was a beast in the games I saw. Well he was still 20 years old and some of his teammates had more points than him but I remember the eye test told me he will be a beast for years to come.
Some injuries damaged him I guess.
Yeah he was good that year, but I wonder how much of it had to do with MSL and Vinny really coming up big in that postseason. They were the true leaders for the Lightning during that run. Hopefully he's able to return in the SCF and make some sort of impact.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I feel bad for SJ fans, they are watching Pavelski on a team that is like if their team had better goalies & playoff mojo.
Dallas gets alot from its Dmen in Heiskinen and Klingberg like SJ did with Karlsson & Burns.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Can i just say we Stars fans completely get why you guys love Corey Perry. What a teammate, he's smart, knows what buttons to push and always seems to be on the Ice for crucial goals.
Yup. Just looking at all the levels he has won makes much more sense when you pay attention. I was watching the Stars crucial games these playoffs and he is on the ice somewhere doing the dirty work around the time when the Stars score. He is just so valuable, the points don't tell the whole story for him. Not sure if it counts as intangibles or not.

And trust me he is a decent human being. He has made me cheer for you guys. Something I thought would never be possible. Cogs on the team doesn't hurt as well

Reactions: dracom
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
What a long hiatus this has been, but I finally got myself back to watching hockey. It's pretty cool to see guys like Perry, Cogs and Khudobin battle for the Stanley Cup. Add to that there are three Finns in the Stars team, there's really no question who I root for in these finals.

I also realized how much I've missed watching the Ducks play. Hasn't been pretty as of late but can't wait until the next season. I guess next I need to go find out what plans the league has as the pandemic doesn't really seem to take the back seat anytime soon.

Reactions: Kalv

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
What a long hiatus this has been, but I finally got myself back to watching hockey. It's pretty cool to see guys like Perry, Cogs and Khudobin battle for the Stanley Cup. Add to that there are three Finns in the Stars team, there's really no question who I root for in these finals.

Four Finns ;)

Yeah, I am also rooting for Dallas at the moment basically for the same reasons. Finns, ex-Ducks, veterans like Sekera, Radulov and Pavelski and their underdog status. I like Tampa as well so if they finally win it with this core I am happy for them, but Dallas has won me over in these playoffs. No one has believed in them (including myself) and they have been in tough situations many times yet they have found ways to win and it feels like the whole team is contributing. Hard not to like that.

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
I'm rooting against Tampa because I'm sick of always hearing about how good Vasievskiy is and how he's better than Gibson.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It would be nice to see some 5v5 play in the third period. Refs dominating yet another playoff game.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Kings loan bunch of their youngsters, including Turcotte, to Eisbaern in DHL. One one hand I feel kind of dumb thinking if it might have any connection to their relationship with Germany and them picking Stutzle. On the other hand, I can not NOT think about it.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Kings loan bunch of their youngsters, including Turcotte, to Eisbaern in DHL. One one hand I feel kind of dumb thinking if it might have any connection to their relationship with Germany and them picking Stutzle. On the other hand, I can not NOT think about it.
Stützle likely has nothing to do with it. Both Kings and Eisbären Berlin are owned by AEG, so it's an ownership-expediated development move. Which is definitely a smart thing to do since the opportunity exists.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Stützle likely has nothing to do with it. Both Kings and Eisbären Berlin are owned by AEG, so it's an ownership-expediated development move. Which is definitely a smart thing to do since the opportunity exists.
Now that makes sense, thank you.

Buuut, still maybe AEG has some connection to Germany and so on. :laugh: Apologies for my conspiracy, I take it only half-serious at best. To me, it feels wrong to take a prospect just because you have a good connection to him, professional scouts should be able to make connections whenever necessary. At the same time, Detroit-Perfetti rumor has got me thinking. And obviously I am just too anxious for the draft.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
How did John Carlson lose the Norris trophy race ? At least he can say his name is on the cup unlike Josi.
In a 82 game season Carlson likely would have ended up with over 90 points as a Dman, with how he had 75 points in 69 games.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Because actually playing defense matters. Carlson is ok but nothing to write home about defensively but Josi is well above league average.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
How did John Carlson lose the Norris trophy race ? At least he can say his name is on the cup unlike Josi.
In a 82 game season Carlson likely would have ended up with over 90 points as a Dman, with how he had 75 points in 69 games.

Well he can't play defence like Josi. Also why would it matter that Carlson has his name on the Cup and Josi doesn't?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If Tampa wins the cup and Hedman doesn’t get the Smythe it will be a travesty. He’s so good for them, making AHL level dmen look like legit top 4 guys and controlling the play at both ends of the rink.

When it’s all said and done, he will be looked at as the best dman of his generation, not Doughty or Karlsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->