Around the league 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yamamoto has 23 points in 22 games for Edmonton. He's a little guy but he sure can play.

Rinne let in 8 goals vs Edmonton. Dude sucks. Finally.
Maybe when the Ducks are good again, Nashville will be the dumpster and can avoid them in the playoffs.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Jeez Draisaitl is just on another level this season. McDavid is way more fun to watch but Drai can pick corners like only Ovechkin is able to and has elite vision to go with his dominant shot and hands.

It pains me to say it but the Oilers now have a duo that rivals Crosby and Malkin (they might even be better!) and IMO they’re only a good top pairing Dman and a stable goalie in his mid twenties away from being able to be on the 2008-2017 Pens level for the next decade.

Edit: didn’t realize but 4 goals puts Draisaitl right in the rocket race. 2 behind Ovechkin and Matthews for 2nd and 4 behind Pastrnak.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Jeez Draisaitl is just on another level this season. McDavid is way more fun to watch but Drai can pick corners like only Ovechkin is able to and has elite vision to go with his dominant shot and hands.

It pains me to say it but the Oilers now have a duo that rivals Crosby and Malkin (they might even be better!) and IMO they’re only a good top pairing Dman and a stable goalie in his mid twenties away from being able to be on the 2008-2017 Pens level for the next decade.

Edit: didn’t realize but 4 goals puts Draisaitl right in the rocket race. 2 behind Ovechkin and Matthews for 2nd and 4 behind Pastrnak.
I think they are in fact better, which is crazy to say. McDavid edges Crosby for me. Not by a lot but by a tangible amount. And Draisaitl still has to prove a little bit to say he’s better than Malkin. But man he is well on his way. He is about to put up back to back 50+ goal/100 point seasons. Who was the last player to do that? Ovechkin?

Reactions: Paul4587

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think they are in fact better, which is crazy to say. McDavid edges Crosby for me. Not by a lot but by a tangible amount. And Draisaitl still has to prove a little bit to say he’s better than Malkin. But man he is well on his way. He is about to put up back to back 50+ goal/100 point seasons. Who was the last player to do that? Ovechkin?

Yep Ovi did it three years in a row 2007-08 to 2009-10. Crazy how rare that accomplishment is I think Heatley is only other guy to do it post lockout and that was when scoring was at crazy high levels between 2005 and 2007.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I knew when Edmonton signed Tippett that they’d surprise. He’s a solid coach. Helps them that the West is ass this year though.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California

It's hilarious that he is a -6, while leading the league with 107 points. How lethal on the powerplay and atrocious at 5 on 5 do you have to be to pull that off?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
It's hilarious that he is a -6, while leading the league with 107 points. How lethal on the powerplay and atrocious at 5 on 5 do you have to be to pull that off?

Their Powerplay is ridiculous. Like someone said; he's been money with his shot this year, especially on the PP. However, Drai is also 2nd in the league in ES points. He's a monster. Very jealous of Edmonton's 1-2 punch.

Reactions: McDonald19
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Their Powerplay is ridiculous. Like someone said; he's been money with his shot this year, especially on the PP. However, Drai is also 2nd in the league in ES points. He's a monster. Very jealous of Edmonton's 1-2 punch.
29.9%. Geez, wasn't aware of that. That's top 4 all-time in the NHL and highest since the 70's if they can keep that up.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Not sure if this has been confirmed/verified but it sounds like he's extremely lucky under the circumstances. To need that amount of work but avoid damage to the eye itself is amazing.

I saw a headline late last night saying his eye was OK but I didn't read the story.

He for sure was extremely lucky. That was a very ugly looking accident.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Not sure if this has been confirmed/verified but it sounds like he's extremely lucky under the circumstances. To need that amount of work but avoid damage to the eye itself is amazing.

Whaat, 90 stiches? That's crazy but good to hear that there was no damage to his eye. I think there was one similar incident this year in SHL and the player who got a skate into his eye wasn't as lucky.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Oof, that looked scary. Glad there's no damage to the eye.

With how fast the game is I'm always astounded we don't see more of these types of incidents.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
They've actually played reasonably well tonight and been unlucky, but even our crippled team may catch Buffalo (4 points back going into tonight and they're currently down 3-1). Sabres legit in line for yet ANOTHER potential top 5 pick in their quest to catch Edmonton for longest continuous rebuild in NHL history (post-lockout anyway).

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
They've actually played reasonably well tonight and been unlucky, but even our crippled team may catch Buffalo (4 points back going into tonight and they're currently down 3-1). Sabres legit in line for yet ANOTHER potential top 5 pick in their quest to catch Edmonton for longest continuous rebuild in NHL history (post-lockout anyway).

I feel bad for Eichel. Guy is an absolute machine but has such incompetent management and has no supporting cast up front. They’re better than they were but still have a long ways to go. At least he’s got Dahlin on the backend who will be an absolute force once he fills out and develops some more.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I don't know if they intentionally do it, but Buffalo hits full tank mode like no one I've ever seen before right around this point in the season every year. It seems like over the last 15-20 games, they usually only win 3 or 4, every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad