Around the league 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
5 goal game for Zibanejad. I still can't believe Ottawa gave up on him for Brassard.

I was so wrong about Zibanejad. When that trade was made I thought the Rags made a nice move getting younger and had a 2C for years going forward. The past 2 seasons he has absolutely exploded and is a legit top end number 1 centre. I never saw this type of upside.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Ottawa won tonight.
Their not as bad everyone thinks they are. They already got some nice players and reinforcements will only make them progress faster and they got 9 picks in the top 100 in 2020 draft.
Their scouts have alot of picks to win big on. Just imagine what Madden could do with 2 picks in the top 8 and 1 late first, 3 2nd rounders and 2 3rds.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I was so wrong about Zibanejad. When that trade was made I thought the Rags made a nice move getting younger and had a 2C for years going forward. The past 2 seasons he has absolutely exploded and is a legit top end number 1 centre. I never saw this type of upside.

This was his projection at the draft. But he took his time.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
A lot of players take their time - rarely they make an impact right away. We have to understand it going forward with our young core.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Ottawa won tonight.
Their not as bad everyone thinks they are. They already got some nice players and reinforcements will only make them progress faster and they got 9 picks in the top 100 in 2020 draft.
Their scouts have alot of picks to win big on. Just imagine what Madden could do with 2 picks in the top 8 and 1 late first, 3 2nd rounders and 2 3rds.

Yeah they are...

Reactions: Exit Dose

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah they are...
No that would be the Detroit Red Wings who are the worse team in the league by a wide margin.
Ottawa at least has more than 3 forwards and a Stud Dman. Detroit has a bunch of bad contracts and 1 single line and absolutely no forward depth.
Ottawa is bad right now but they have alot of future upside and assets.
Ottawa seems to be hitting on more gems in the Draft than Detroit, finding Pinto and Batherson for example.

Ur SJ Sharks are bad too, SJ has bottom 5 prospect depth and a boatload of bad contracts anchoring them down. Whoever they sign to replace Jumbo and Marleau will want more money with no hometown discounts so i can't see them improving their forward depth while also replacing Jones. Brent Burns turns 35 in 3 days and at the end of the month Vlasic turns 33.

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
No that would be the Detroit Red Wings who are the worse team in the league by a wide margin.
Ottawa at least has more than 3 forwards and a Stud Dman. Detroit has a bunch of bad contracts and 1 single line and absolutely no forward depth.

Ur SJ Sharks are pretty bad too, SJ has bottom 5 prospect depth and a boatload of bad contracts anchoring them down. Whoever they sign to replace Jumbo and Marleau will want more money with no hometown discounts so i can't see them improving their forward depth while also replacing Jones. Brent Burns turns 35 in 3 days and at the end of the month Vlasic turns 33.

Detroit being bad doesn’t mean Ottawa isn’t a trainwreck also. I wouldn’t call Chabot a stud Dman either. Not yet anyway.

SJ isn’t even close to either of those teams, if they sort their goaltending they will be back to being a regular playoff team.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It was a hell of a game though. Edwards homerism is ridiculous though haha.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Ottawa is bad right now but they have alot of future upside and assets.
Ottawa seems to be hitting on more gems in the Draft than Detroit, finding Pinto and Batherson for example.

Ur SJ Sharks are bad too, SJ has bottom 5 prospect depth and a boatload of bad contracts anchoring them down. Whoever they sign to replace Jumbo and Marleau will want more money with no hometown discounts so i can't see them improving their forward depth while also replacing Jones. Brent Burns turns 35 in 3 days and at the end of the month Vlasic turns 33.

What has to be said about SJ is that I think they've killed it with their mid to late round picks and undrafted FAs. This year is a bit of an anomaly for their AHL affiliate, in the sense that in the previous years, they've iced some very competitive teams with not much invested draft capital. I think they could very well end up getting at least a couple of serviceable role players for their NHL team from that bunch.

I feel like SJ regularly makes a habit of drafting boom/bust players. It's as if they don't care what downsides there may be to a player, as long as they have a high ceiling you bet the Sharks are interested. While I don't think this is necessarily anything to be emulated, I think there's a lesson to be learned here.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
There was an MLB game a few years ago with no crowd. It was pretty weird. Baseball is different though since there's a lot of down time, so a lot of quiet throughout the game. Hockey wouldn't be quite as awkward I'm guessing since it's more or less nonstop action... just basically like a scrimmage that counts.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

just a really bad take from many angles.

SJ and Columbus already closing games, I`m pretty sure it`s just a star.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

pretty sure the WW account is referencing lopez's tweet about doing away with mascots

not games being played behind closed doors

Reactions: ShadowDuck

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

Nba just canceled season and some players have Corona virus apparently

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Jesus if the NBA suspends the season surely the NHL will follow suit.

The mass hysteria is far worse than the actual virus itself.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Jesus if the NBA suspends the season surely the NHL will follow suit.

The mass hysteria is far worse than the actual virus itself.
It's exactly what everyone told in Europe until up to few days ago.

WC of hockey is also likely to be cancelled.
The problem is that the medical systems are not ready to take up so so many people. Look up what Italy is going through rn, it's no joke

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I still have hope that the season somehow can go on, Playoffs for example. But we`ll see, it will all depend on developments of the virus spread and some practices that could be used to contain it.

Our season pretty surely is over :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad