Around the league 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
This absolute tank job by Florida is embarassing. Tallon needs to go this offseason, that franchise has two of the best forwards in the game coming into their primes and yet they're still missing the playoffs every year.
You think Tallon is trying to tank? With their lack of playoff history just making it this year would be a step forward.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It is frustrating. But the leafs don’t exactly look invincible. The Panthers were pretty hot before their break. Hopefully they get back to that groove.

I think it's almost too little too late. Since they beat the Leafs a few weeks ago they've been simply awful.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Dominik Kubalik has 18 goals in his last 22 games, including his 1st career hatty tonight? Jesus. Talk about taking advantage of your opportunities playing in that top 6.

Fun fact: he was Kings' property--originally a 7th rounder in 2013--whom they dealt to Chicago because they were not sure if he would ever come over to North America.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Wow, I didn't realize that Ryan Strome has 58 points in 63 games already. He's 32nd in points at the moment, didn't know he was doing so well.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'd like to see San Jose start winning so the Ducks pick moves up higher, i'm worried they are suddenly tanking because they'd rather see Ottawa get a higher pick than Anaheim.​
I`d be happy for that. Would mean their management had gone complete bonkers.

So... I doubt that. They`re just bad right now, but so are we

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wow, I didn't realize that Ryan Strome has 58 points in 63 games already. He's 32nd in points at the moment, didn't know he was doing so well.

Panarin has a lot to do with that. He still can produce on his own merits, but would probably still be in the lower 40’s now if he wasn’t on a line with Panarin which has been for pretty much the entire season.

Reactions: Doothpick

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Gentlemen. We at the Canes have recently landed a Sami Vatanen. Anyone wouldn't have happened to save the Sami Vatanen paperdoll by the superfan Vatanist so it could be cherished by his new team's fans as is its wont?

TheGoodShepard1

Nov 26, 2017
Penguins have completely imploded. 25 minutes away from going 0-fer through the 2019-2020 California road swing and 6 straight regulation losses.

EDIT: Also, because I am a masochist and bad hockey is still hockey, the Detroit-Ottawa game was the closest thing to watching an AHL game with NHL contracts. Not that I should be talking too much smack as a fan of this team, but you know.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Flyers look pretty dangerous. Could make some noise in the playoffs. At the moment I think that Boston is the strongest Stanley Cup favourite, they just don't seem to have a weakness and they were so close last year so everyone has something to prove.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Colorado has a good one in Newhook - who went scoreless in his first 6 games as he had to make a huge leap from his league to NCAA.

He`s smaller than Zegras but looks to be more successful in NCAA

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Colorado has a good one in Newhook - who went scoreless in his first 6 games as he had to make a huge leap from his league to NCAA.

He's on a much better team

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He's on a much better team
I`m really not aware of how their teams compare, but Newhook is BC`s best goal scorer and is second in points, trailing by just 1 point. With his slow start - it`s clear that he`s the offensive leader there now. EDIT: just checked, they are #4 team in the country, I think it`s even more impressive what Newhook has done. But he`s 5`10 and already has 190+ lbs, he probably will not get much heavier, just a bit stronger. He`s 2 inches smaller than Z.

Next year BU will be even worse with all the graduates? If Z stays there he will have to do a lot of heavy lifting which is not necessarily bad but have to take into account what option there will be for his growth.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020

Newhook is having a better season, but Zegras is still the better prospect. As for Newhook's "poor" start to the season, they played him on the wing and Boldy at centre. Since the was switched first to 3rd line C and then to #2C he took off.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Gentlemen. We at the Canes have recently landed a Sami Vatanen. Anyone wouldn't have happened to save the Sami Vatanen paperdoll by the superfan Vatanist so it could be cherished by his new team's fans as is its wont?

I don't remember any paper doll, but feel free to take this as a consolation prize. The first page alone should give you a clue on what kind of material we're working with here... :laugh:

Reactions: Lempo

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Couldn't figure out where to post this, it's more "around the world" than around the league. Huge news regardless.

Apparently Rene Fasel of the IIHF gave an interview to the Swiss magazine Blick (in German), where he says it's likely that this year's U18 events will be canceled due to the Coronavirus. Fasel didn't comment on the men's WHC tournament, other than saying that it will NOT be organized as a behind closed doors event.

EDIT: Apparently IIHF has the approproate insurances in place, so even a full cancellation of the WHC shouldn't cause any panic in the funding for international hockey.

Last edited:

TheGoodShepard1

Nov 26, 2017
Derek Grant will not die in vain! That conditional 4th rounder will go up 4-5 spots, get that sucker closer to the top 100 Nashville babies! (plus, you know, he'll be back for round 3 next year ;))

But seriously, while McDavid and Draisaitl are comically dominant (the latter with 4 goals tonight and please do not let McDavid get the opportunity to play with actual wingers), Rinne has been dreadful this season. He's aging badly, some of the goals he's letting in are finding holes the equivalent of the Mariana Trench.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille