Around the league 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
After the trade of Dillon and the Sharks shutting down Karlsson for the year their top 6D looks like this:
Vlasic/Burns
Pile-Of/Junk
Garbage/Wasteland

If they still had Braun and DeMelo their D would at least have 2 pairings and play the 3rd pair very little.
Guess who turns 30 this may: Karlsson.

As bad as Murray is, at least he moved Pronger, Whitney and Viz at the right time.
I can't see Doug Wilson surviving this mess without being fired.
Sharks are run like the LA Angels of Anaheim, going all in like the Halos in 08 and 09 and after that they crashed and burned in 2010, 11, 12, 13 etc.

I can't imagine having to suffer through being that bad and not having a 1st to look forward to at the end of it. That franchise is not in good shape.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Could be worse. They could be the Senators who gave their first to get a year and change of Duchene and it ended up being 4th overall.

Say what you will about him but at least Karlsson is still a game breaking Dman and isn’t leaving them.

I honestly can’t see them being as bad next year. The majority of their guys who had down years are in their early to mid 20s. That franchise will never win a cup but always seems to be able to stay competitive. I wish Murray had Doug Wilson’s balls.

Reactions: DigiDuck

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
It's actually kind of amazing that the franchise's 3 most impactful trades (Teemu from WPG, Pronger and Kesler) were all basically gift wrapped to the team.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
It's actually kind of amazing that the franchise's 3 most impactful trades (Teemu from WPG, Pronger and Kesler) were all basically gift wrapped to the team.

In addition, Niedermayer just wanted to come to Anaheim to play with his brother and Selänne returning for 1 million salary. Those signings were too good.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
blake's done a pretty good job in regards to trades as GM so far. kings have a ton of picks in the next few drafts

he just can't seem to hire a good coach

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
blake's done a pretty good job in regards to trades as GM so far. kings have a ton of picks in the next few drafts

he just can't seem to hire a good coach

I would say McLellan is a fine coach. He’s no miracle worker but was not a bad hire. I would take him over any of the coaches we have had the past few seasons.

Reactions: McDonald19

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I can't imagine having to suffer through being that bad and not having a 1st to look forward to at the end of it. That franchise is not in good shape.
In the offseason they will have to repair an aging defense, Burns and Karlsson will put up the points but their durability going forward history suggests they will miss alot of games in next 5 years along with Vlasic too.
They need to sign a UFA 3C to replace Thornton as well and the new guy won't sign for bargain value like Jumbo.
Sharks may have to really overpay now to get UFAs to sign because i see UFA 3C's wanting to sign with a team with a Cup chance.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
In the offseason they will have to repair an aging defense, Burns and Karlsson will put up the points but their durability going forward history suggests they will miss alot of games in next 5 years along with Vlasic too.
They need to sign a UFA 3C to replace Thornton as well and the new guy won't sign for bargain value like Jumbo.
Sharks may have to really overpay now to get UFAs to sign because i see UFA 3C's wanting to sign with a team with a Cup chance.

Sometimes I think you’re more irrationally obsessed and fascinated with the Sharks and their situation than you should be...

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Vilardi scored on his first shift in his first game. Really cool to see him playing, great story.

He’s been awesome. Every time he’s gotten the puck in the offensive zone, he’s made something positive happen. If he stays healthy, he’ll be a core player long-term for them

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Sometimes I think you’re more irrationally obsessed and fascinated with the Sharks and their situation than you should be...
You always seem to defend the sharks and have alot of faith in them quite consistently, its clear their ur #2 team and it shows. One could just look at the around the league threads on here and see it.

I won't deny i have a soft spot for the Ottawa Senators.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
You always seem to defend the sharks and have alot of faith in them quite consistently, its clear their ur #2 team and it shows. One could just look at the around the league threads on here and see it.

I won't deny i have a soft spot for the Ottawa Senators.

I have a soft spot for Ottawa as well, I live there now and all my family are Sens fans.....but I also get a kick out of wearing my Ducks gear around town.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I have a soft spot for Ottawa as well, I live there now and all my family are Sens fans.....but I also get a kick out of wearing my Ducks gear around town.
I brought my Ducks coffee mug to a work meeting and immediately got heckled by a bunch of Caps fans (and a Kings fan, weirdly). This was not an issue in Omaha. Going to start wearing my garish 2007 champs beanie around the office.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
8th player in NHL history to do it. He’s got a good chance of passing Gartner for 7th all time in goals by the end of the season. And he’ll be top 4 by the end of next season. Amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->