Around the league 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I mean Vegas gets killed by the Rangers who scored 5 goals. (Loved it for both reasons, lol), Sharks get blown out 12-2 in their two Florida games, and here is Anaheim taking a tied game to the 3rd period for their last two games and cannot hold on, and lose by one goal. I said in the GDT its frustrating because I feel the Ducks should have a better record based on their play. Like you said missing both their Top D who shutdown and eat the most mins for a lot of the games, and still have kids who are slowly taking the next steps.
True, the Ducks are only a -11 like Calgary yet Calgary is 15-12-4 and Calgary is 3-0 in the shootout which is partially luck.
I'm hoping my prediction of the Rangers sneaking in with the 8th seed happens.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Montgomery gone in Dallas for unprofessional conduct. Man the NHL is an absolute gong show at the moment. What happened absolutely needed to happen but it’s really taken away from the sport of late. I’m tired of seeing some many headlines about coaches being bad people over some of the great on ice stories this season.

Edit: sounds like he’s done something really bad but it’s not player abuse. Jeez not a good year for NHL coaches.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Whens the last time an NHL coach has been dismissed for serious misconduct (that isnt' related to player abuse)? I honestly can't think of one off the top of my head.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Whens the last time an NHL coach has been dismissed for serious misconduct (that isnt' related to player abuse)? I honestly can't think of one off the top of my head.

not a coach but didn’t the Sens assistant GM get fired for sexual abuse allegations from someone on the team bus?

Reactions: mightyquack

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Not sure where to put this.

In December we are #15 in Shot Attempts, with +7. We faced LA (#3 in Shot Atempts in the whole season, but obviously not so good situation in the standings), WSH (#1 team in the standings), WPG (#6 in the standings), MNW (they are one of the top home teams this season).

Not so bad. Albeit we are fair share out of playoff picture, I think we still can get in if all goes well. I think we had a stretch where we were constantly playing mostly against top teams, now we will face relatively weaker teams. We have Manson back. Even when losing, this team was fun (but frustrating at times) to watch. Good chance it will get better.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
and like that the Sharks are now below .500 again, they now have the worse +/- in the west with -25 and with 2 games in hand the Ducks may pass them by.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Doug Wilson must be getting worried about his job lol. Its his fault he hasn't acquired a upgrade over ECHL caliber goalies Jones/Dell.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Quite a sad state of affairs these days, that the highlight of a coach's resume is now, "I was only fired for being a crappy coach".
Yep. It’s crazy that all the tweets about him being fired had to be qualified with it being “strictly a hockey decision.”

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Quite a sad state of affairs these days, that the highlight of a coach's resume is now, "I was only fired for being a crappy coach".

Yep. I was also reading 31 thoughts yesterday which is normally quite an interesting read. The whole thing was just more of the same recycled coach stories and what the NHL is planning on doing in terms of an all star game next year.

Reactions: Duck Off

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
So its starting to look like Nashville got ripped off in the Weber/PK trade. PKs wheels have fallen off a cliff and Weber is still Weber with his big shot & bone crushing hits.
If Weber retires at some point the cap recapture penalty screws the Predators over big time

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
So its starting to look like Nashville got ripped off in the Weber/PK trade. PKs wheels have fallen off a cliff and Weber is still Weber with his big shot & bone crushing hits.
If Weber retires at some point the cap recapture penalty screws the Predators over big time
they made a finals appearance with him. has to count for something

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
PK HAD A GOOD YEAR
2016-2017

PK HAD A GOOD YEAR
2017-2018

To go along with their promotional discounts for game tickets:
15% off if you 'Bring ur sibling to a game' on sibling day which used to be called 15% off if you 'bring ur spouse to a game' on spouse day.
Free Moonshine not included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad