Around the league 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
That’s obvious. Everyone knows he was a dick as a coach (and a poor coach in his last decade in the league) but I highly doubt he’s done anything on a similar level to what Peters has done.

Assault and racism are far different to a coach being disliked. Scotty Bowman was hated by his players.
They should handle it a similar to the way the WWE handled Hulk Hogan after he used the same words as Peters, they banned Hulk Hogan and removed all references to him.
Except keep Peters banned forever as a member of the hall of shame like Pete Rose in MLB. WWE eventually reinstated Hogan, what Peters did is much worse as he used his words to abuse players and even assaulted them which means the ban should be lifetime.

There is also another thing to this. The NHL is too white with a mostly european descent among players and they need to make an example of Peters by giving him lifetime ban.
The league wants more players from all ethnic backgrounds, and part of making them more comfortable in picking up the sport of hockey is sending a message that acts of racism will be punished and that they will take the players seriously when they call out a coach or teammate.

Last edited:

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
CryJo elbow to the head

Kane butt end to the head

Lots of dirty plays from dirty players tonight.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Joe thornton sucker punches Mrazek... no one says anything

guess I was right about Gudbransons sucker punch only being brought up because people were trying to defend Hathaway spitting @ him.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

guess I was right about Gudbransons sucker punch only being brought up because people were trying to defend Hathaway spitting @ him.
I will be happy when he retires without a cup. He'll make a great spokesperson for AARP in 2021.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Parros happened.

Of course Parros suspended Cogliano (a player with no history of suspensions) for two games for a lesser hit.
i'll never forgive parros for that

better not show his face at HC anymore. the kings can have him

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California

I think Mrazek's dive took away some of the outrage there. He pretty clearly made it out to be much worse than it was.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC

Sharks fan defending Joe and calling Mrazek a diver have obviously never put on a goalie mask and gotten sucker punched in it. Thorton is such a low key dirty player.

i'll never forgive parros for that

better not show his face at HC anymore. the kings can have him

He was there last year I think when they retired Niedermayer's jersey. Someone saw him on the club level but the Ducks never showed him or anything.

Reactions: Exit Dose

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Lol, the Kings are 2nd in the league in shots per game and the best team in shots against. What are the fancy stats people saying about this?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Sharks are still terrible, with 2 losses in a row they are back to .500 with the 4th worst +/- in the league, with 2 games in hand the Ducks could pass the Sharks up by matching them in points with the tie breaker going to the Ducks in terms of regulation wins 11 vs 10. The Ducks have been without Manson & Lindholm for alot of the season and are playing with alot of rookies, the Sharks have no excuses.

Should the Sharks try to improve their chances of making the playoffs by making another trade by trading away their 2020 1st ? I hope they do as it'll hurt their longer term future.
If they do manage to get in the playoffs it'll likely be as a early exit in round 1.

Nashville, Dallas, Vancouver, Calgary & Minnesota are above .500 and 3 of those teams are a net positive in +/-

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sharks are still terrible, with 2 losses in a row they are back to .500 with the 4th worst +/- in the league, with 2 games in hand the Ducks could pass the Sharks up by matching them in points with the tie breaker going to the Ducks in terms of regulation wins 11 vs 10. The Ducks have been without Manson & Lindholm for alot of the season and are playing with alot of rookies, the Sharks have no excuses.

Should the Sharks try to improve their chances of making the playoffs by making another trade by trading away their 2020 1st ? I hope they do as it'll hurt their longer term future.
If they do manage to get in the playoffs it'll likely be as a early exit in round 1.

Nashville, Dallas, Vancouver, Calgary & Minnesota are above .500 and 3 of those teams are a net positive in +/-

I mean Vegas gets killed by the Rangers who scored 5 goals. (Loved it for both reasons, lol), Sharks get blown out 12-2 in their two Florida games, and here is Anaheim taking a tied game to the 3rd period for their last two games and cannot hold on, and lose by one goal. I said in the GDT its frustrating because I feel the Ducks should have a better record based on their play. Like you said missing both their Top D who shutdown and eat the most mins for a lot of the games, and still have kids who are slowly taking the next steps.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad