Around the league 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah a stronger Coyotes means an even more likely chance SJ is out of the playoffs lol. Vegas/Yotes/ + one of Oilers/Canucks/Flames are the 3 spots in the pacific.

As for wildcards i see both coming from the Central in Nashville & Dallas.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Take a flyer on Kovalchuk for the year? He can scare on the PP
Meh id rather make a move for Palmeiri 1.5 years left at 4.65. Maybe something around Jones + Guhle/pick.

Palmeiri is pretty good PP performer, and a natural goal scorer... I think he could play pretty well with Getzlaf now also... 1 of our RWs would have to play LW until Ritchie was healthy.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Meh id rather make a move for Palmeiri 1.5 years left at 4.65. Maybe something around Jones + Guhle/pick.

Palmeiri is pretty good PP performer, and a natural goal scorer... I think he could play pretty well with Getzlaf now also... 1 of our RWs would have to play LW until Ritchie was healthy.
Over free?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He may not be an outright troublemaker, but I don't see his personality blending with a young developing team needing real leadership models.
I don’t know enough about the guy. Was just looking at “free asset” and “can score goals”

I would wait until after he clears waivers though.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I don’t know enough about the guy. Was just looking at “free asset” and “can score goals”

I would wait until after he clears waivers though.
His agent has already let it be know he has a lucrative KHL offer waiting in the wings (but supposedly wants to play in NHL). He's always been nothing but money hungry throughout his career. At $750K for the remainder of the year, I guess I'd consider it. But he has zero interest in any kind of prove it contract so, I'm an easy no thanks on him.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
No thx on Kovalchuk. We need a leader to show the young guys around. Not someone who only decides to play offense when he wants to

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Coyotes beat Sharks 3-2 with a Hall getting a primary assist on the game winning goal.
Kuemper is having a great year and his career SV% is .919

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I don't want to pollute the board with too much about draft position this early, but the Ottawa Senators, you know, that team everyone mocked for the owner who is sucking the life out of the sport, have officially passed us in the standings for the time being with an OT win over Nashville tonight. As the guy who made the draft thread last year... we might have the lottery thread coming significantly earlier this season.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
654746586797889.jpg

Oh my if that actually happens post lottery 2020. Ottawa walks away with Lafreniere #1 & Drysdale #6 while Doug Wilson is hiding in a cave.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
byfield would be ******* awesome

if you want a replacement for getzlaf that's your guy

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
byfield would be ******* awesome

if you want a replacement for getzlaf that's your guy

Why do we have to find a replacement for Getzlaf that is similar to him? Right now I'd prefer a MacKinnon or a Kuznetzov over him.

Next to the big 2 there are so many gems in this draft. As an Austrian I'd love Rossi, but Stützle is a ppg in the DEL already. That is insane.

There are so many players I like in this draft.

Last edited:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
MacKinnon I can understand, but Kuznetsov? I'd easily take prime Getzlaf over him without a second thought.

Reactions: Paul4587

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Byfield's game is a lot closer to MacKinnon's than Getzlaf's. Byfield's skating is his greatest strength.
Yup. I’m also not that interested in which superstar he compares to.

He gives me the feel I got when Eichel was drafted, that’s what I like about him. He’s got almost no chance to go 1 but still feels like a surefire 1C

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Lias Anderssson requested a trade. Honestly I'd take that risk. Loved him back in 2017. Always thought another Silfv.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Well that Sharks pick is looking real good for the Senators right about now
Yep, they are officially dead last in the western conference with also the worst +/- of -32. DeBoer apparently wasn't the only problem, possibly they have locker room problems.
I now wonder if Karlsson isn't a good locker room guy afterall, Evander Kane i thought i remember he had issues in Buffalo & Atlanta.

Ottawa has actually improved because other teams have gotten worse than them, their only a -19 while NJ & Detroit are -43 & -68
Of course this can change if Ottawa trades Pageau.

Karlsson for Top 5 pick, two 2nds, Tierney, Demelo, Balcers.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I`d be glad if the Sharks trade Jumbo to a team that eventually wins the cup. Guy deserves it.
Sharks are certainly one of the biggest surprises this season.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I'm honestly surprised by the amount of people surprised to see the Sharks plummet.

They have the worst goaltending in the league, they lost huge parts of their offense in Pavelski and Donskoi, Jumbo Joe is old, Burns was bound to regress as his age catches up to him, and EK's injuries guaranteed that he won't ever be the player he was. It was to be expected.

If anything, I'm more surprised they did as well as they did last year. The cup final was always going to be their swan song.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm honestly surprised by the amount of people surprised to see the Sharks plummet.

They have the worst goaltending in the league, they lost huge parts of their offense in Pavelski and Donskoi, Jumbo Joe is old, Burns was bound to regress as his age catches up to him, and EK's injuries guaranteed that he won't ever be the player he was. It was to be expected.

If anything, I'm more surprised they did as well as they did last year. The cup final was always going to be their swan song.
To me it is a surprise. Jones was a .915 2 years ago and .918 4 years ago. I expected him to be at least not worse than last year, I was wrong. Jumbo was old already last year and while Pavs was leaving, they still have very good offensive players. Burns was over a PPG players last year, Karlsson was close.
Nothing is ever certain. And they did surprise me. Don`t see a Blues type of comeback but their talent level is considerably above their current results, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad