Around the league 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
That's OK. Those contracts to Burns, EK92, Vlasic, and Kane, are going to destroy them in the near future. No coach will be able to overcome that.
+ 4 more years to Jones at 5.75 million a year that runs thru the 2023-24 season. He will be 30 in less than a month.
It makes Gibson's deal look better everyday. That and how bad the Bobrovsky one is.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Hopefully Kovalchuk says F you to that team and chills on the beach in Manhattan the next year and a half.

But he'll probably want to play back home instead

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Oilers are done. Their goalies are no longer covering up how bad their D core is.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
The Devils kept Hall out of the lineup vs Colorado tonight for "precautionary reasons". That could mean that a trade is close, or just that they've seen how the Avs play.

I was listening to the ducks post game show on the radio and they were saying something about Hall's GF having a bon voyage party with some of the Devil's wives (including Palmieri's wife) and posted it on instagram. Seems likes she's ready for a move.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Oilers are done. Their goalies are no longer covering up how bad their D core is.

The Oilers aren't really even a 1 line team, they have two mega star forwards and that's it. When your top scorers include the husk of James Neal (-16 rating despite 15 goals) and Zack Kassian (never broken the 30 point threshold in his career), you know your team is in trouble.

Reactions: Paul4587

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I think the Oilers have recently tried separating McDavid and Draisaitl on EV to get more scoring out of the rest of the roster but doesn't seem to be working.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I could see this being somewhat similar to the Duchene deal where they just bottom out after. But they do need scoring so maybe it's exactly what they need.
I think the pacific is really weak... that move makes Arizona the favorites by far in the pacific. I think the sharks and the kings are by far the worst teams in the pacific, and no light at the end for them.
Vegas I imagine will heat up after roster freeze and will battle Arizona for top seed.
I think vancouver will struggle with the young roster.
Oilers have top 2 pp/pk in the league, I think their pp is over 30% right now, I think that will drop eventually, and I think they have the 2nd rated pk which I think will go on a cold streak eventually too. I think they will battle for the 3rd spot. But i think they have been big time over achievers so far this season.
Flames are so hot and cold but they should be battling with the Oilers for that 3rd spot.
Ducks I think will be a dark horse after the roster freeze, the young guys at some point are going to start producing, our PP is going to get better … and were finally healthy on the back end. If Gibson can play how he ended the game vs the rangers... I can see us going on a pretty good win streak(as per normal, traditionally in the getzlaf era the ducks team has really shown up the 2nd half of the season).

I think Arizona and Vegas get the 1 and 2 seed, while Flames Oilers and Ducks battle for 3rd + wild card spots... and I think Vancouver/sanjose/kings will hold down the bottom. I expect the kings/Canucks and Sharks to be pretty big sellers at deadline... specially a team like the San jose that doesn't have a ton of help in their system... would be a good season to load up on picks/prospects at deadline and start fresh next season with a new core/coach.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think the coyotes making this move forces the Oilers/Flames to try to make a significant move.

Vegas I think will stay pat, maybe depth moves... but I think management has to feel the team is fine on paper. Ducks are in a position where you just continue to trust the young kids/vet leader ship and goaltending and hopefully by end of the season we make it interesting... I don't think a move is really worth it, tho I wouldn't be depressed if we moved kase for risto.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I think the pacific is really weak... that move makes Arizona the favorites by far in the pacific. I think the sharks and the kings are by far the worst teams in the pacific, and no light at the end for them.
Vegas I imagine will heat up after roster freeze and will battle Arizona for top seed.
I think vancouver will struggle with the young roster.
Oilers have top 2 pp/pk in the league, I think their pp is over 30% right now, I think that will drop eventually, and I think they have the 2nd rated pk which I think will go on a cold streak eventually too. I think they will battle for the 3rd spot. But i think they have been big time over achievers so far this season.
Flames are so hot and cold but they should be battling with the Oilers for that 3rd spot.
Ducks I think will be a dark horse after the roster freeze, the young guys at some point are going to start producing, our PP is going to get better … and were finally healthy on the back end. If Gibson can play how he ended the game vs the rangers... I can see us going on a pretty good win streak(as per normal, traditionally in the getzlaf era the ducks team has really shown up the 2nd half of the season).

I think Arizona and Vegas get the 1 and 2 seed, while Flames Oilers and Ducks battle for 3rd + wild card spots... and I think Vancouver/sanjose/kings will hold down the bottom. I expect the kings/Canucks and Sharks to be pretty big sellers at deadline... specially a team like the San jose that doesn't have a ton of help in their system... would be a good season to load up on picks/prospects at deadline and start fresh next season with a new core/coach.

More than anything I meant that because it would be a very Coyotes thing to happen, but also because I think they're fairly fraudulent right now, so it all fits. The Pacific isn't good but this wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
good on the yotes for making a big move

they see they have a chance to make the playoffs and took advantage of it

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Happy for the yotes for making a move like that, pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad