Around the League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
It’s quite unreal how many forwards they have under contract making in excess of $5M.

I figure a few of them may be moved for affordable defensemen. Forbort for Palat, please.

Palat, NTC lol

No idea how they are gonna fill their back end....they are gonna have to trade JT Miller which makes no sense after just signing him to that extension, its like Yzerman didn't know he had no D signed next year

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Palat, NTC lol

No idea how they are gonna fill their back end....they are gonna have to trade JT Miller which makes no sense after just signing him to that extension, its like Yzerman didn't know he had no D signed next year
Watch them somehow sign Erik Karlsson and still have money for whoever else they want.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
How the hell does that team still have cap space? Doesn't Kucherov also have a $4 million increase in cap hit coming next year?

Well, Girardi and Coburn are coming off the books, that 's 6.8, and Strahlman's 4.5, that's 8.3M And they'll probably move Callahan (he did agree to go back to the Rangers, when they thought they were getting Karlsson and looking to get $$ back) so that's another 5.8 but they might gave to eat some of that. And both Palat and Johnson were mentioned as trade pieces when they were in the Karlsson hunt, that's another 5.8. So they would have about 19M. But if they are after EK, (who I don't think will sign in SJ, I think he wants to sign with TB) that's 9M and Vasilevsky has 1 more year, but wants (rumor) 8-10M per . So there is a few decision they need to make.
Curious to see what Pointe gets, he's deal needs inking, among others

Last edited:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Holy **** another partial NTC for TB?

It’s quite unreal how many forwards they have under contract making in excess of $5M.

I figure a few of them may be moved for affordable defensemen. Forbort for Palat, please.

Well they haven't won, and everyone is getting the NTC/NMC. Easier to sell take a little less when you haven't won, and players having increased control over where they play is worth something too. If more guys didn't have NTC/NMC's down there, Karlsson is probably already in TB. Nobody wanted to leave as Karlsson walks in the door though.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
ysU4112FkAYCFbr3nqNChHzTiZUlk_w-xevLz7dcJQ5Jkt7YWh9cDC8D90rfGEQOtEjeQouU4bpcMk2AWjBC6oZyVB9txdUQBNApVTCsss0lgyLCF1VUN3CjQumdlSgtbs7i9uUQdAOib1r-IKa5QS2KCVlD7ns9Z-9TXrtbiaofW7pFoDX6UlrcIUhQvuYyOdIezH5JPoe3IQ-C5G8GqjE5ZP_dN7nlCRpSuCQD-vfPLvDmFgwn7ayw4hgIFJYHKfFXoqDcLRrtgvWNYAEZYDaM1IvL_XjZ4EkPRqt2HCX2MSWROL9L0c9dQiEMjDaS-tH8YiEb7wx-uDtf1ZRybn0e0uV_LdcOxE-5Bwnvunz4vuWDCNMB1Zw8g47mPAVRli6uviv_FWKu0fa53N4tLlHpsjW9CZLeK5WbiraaptySIJ850u1oUTejyRpxiUZujJmbaaWy42DRZ38BG8t-J3ESeSU1U3BTPXNC9Wg-rABQThT4r34VTLb1A-ddp4HZEc0s3PT9yzzXmSRLHTZUFeDAeZhaJxckywENRmYsIq4idW6X0rw76J34Px5izIUACuw0N8xR35MY2VZtRnDCbPF99mreVOb-T_5QKKUZVWWGYRYa7qq8zr0hGnnOskf6k5J96g-wWFUZBh3-rIePsm8DSJvIKHZZWMKC_Nd6vMk6uOYxtmIAJRdhJgH1kHaU-o2wtlJiAnYtH49Bx0c=w624-h1109-no

Devils sent Pavel Zacha to the AHL today, which prompted me to look up my Facebook check in when I attended that draft. [/sourgrapes]

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
the Nucks Avs game was so much fun to watch!

Pettersson is a serious stud player, a complete player... showing flashes of Peter Forsberg

have i seen one exciting Kings game this season? nope!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Pettersson is a serious stud player, a complete player... showing flashes of Peter Forsberg

Dude is a stud way earlier than I thought. Definitely doesn't remind me of Forsberg though, there is zero power in his game (not saying there needs to be). Reminds me more of Datsyuk, or even appropriately prime Markus Naslund.

But I am still worried he needs to put on strength. He shouldn't be able to get choke slammed so easily.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Dude is a stud way earlier than I thought. Definitely doesn't remind me of Forsberg though, there is zero power in his game (not saying there needs to be). Reminds me more of Datsyuk, or even appropriately prime Markus Naslund.

But I am still worried he needs to put on strength. He shouldn't be able to get choke slammed so easily.

yes he's extremely skinny indeed lol, kid is 19 he'll bulk up

i meant how he can score points at will, his passes are done with finesse

Datsyuk is a better comparison

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV

It was a pretty ridiculous and entertaining game. In just the second half of that one game there was as many goals as half of all the goals the Kings have scored this entire season.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It was a pretty ridiculous and entertaining game. In just the second half of that one game there was as many goals as half of all the goals the Kings have scored this entire season.
The Boeser kid is fun to watch as well.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
How the hell does that team still have cap space? Doesn't Kucherov also have a $4 million increase in cap hit coming next year?

Because they can pay their players without personal income tax so their players have LOWER AAVS while making the same money as players with bigger contracts.

Yet, idiots on nationals will continue to suck off Yzerman like he's the one who set no personal income tax.

Hence, why it's bullshit That there's a hard cap

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Because they can pay their players without personal income tax so their players have LOWER AAVS while making the same money as players with bigger contracts.

Yet, idiots on nationals will continue to suck off Yzerman like he's the one who set no personal income tax.

Hence, why it's bull**** That there's a hard cap

I only disagree with the bottom statement.

The hard cap helps protect owners from themselves. Is it unfair there's no tax in Florida? Maybe. Is it unfair California doesn't have an annual hurricane season? Is it unfair that Edmonton and Winnipeg have some unforgiving winters?

Players make decisions based on what's best for them. Taxes/finances is certainly a tangible benefit. But I would rather Florida benefit from no taxes than Toronto, Detroit, New York etc benefit from no hard cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad