Around the League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Rumor is the Flyers a looking at Quick.

No, they're not. A reporter waxing poetic on what they should do doesn't mean a thing. Quick would not help the Flyers problem,unless he can coach. The lack of an NHL caliber coach has undermined this team for 3 years and now a 4th. As long as he is behind the bench, they will fail. His 'system' or lack thereof, is inefficient and ineffective , has no structure at all. The 'everybody' up and all 5 attack the net philosophy has only lead to odd man rushes the other way and pressure on a young defense. Forwards who are behind the play and trying to catch up. Extended zone time for the other team, scoring ops and goals. The team in front of the goalie is the real issue. A team w/o structure who are horrid in their own end, lose puck and board battles, can't get out of their own way, terrible in the neutral zone . And when they do get in the offensive zone, they are basically a one and done effort. From the time Hakstol's name was mentioned as a candidate I was pissed. You can't take a college coach with no professional experience who gimmicky system works once a week 40 times a year against 18-22 yr olds and expect it to work against the best players in the world , 3 to 4 times a week with the best minds behind the bench.It' s failed since he arrived and will continue to do so. He also cracks the confidence of young players.
The other glaring issue is the total lack of leadership, which has been a void for the 6 yrs and why the team has been golfing every April

The FLyers have the answer in goal, his name is Carter Hart, he's the best prospect they've had in goal since Pelle Linburgh. He's a brilliant young talent, the real deal. But Hextall is wise enough not to rush him, he needs to play in the AHL for at least a yr. No matter how much pressure he's been getting to bring the kid up, he wont do that.

The Flyers weren't a playoff team in Sept before the season started and won't be in April. Hextall has already commented on this 5 yr plan and the 20-21 team is the one he's building for. He's going to move Simmonds and probably Voracek (and will have to eat so,me of hit over inflated salary) THey have an abundance of young talent in the farm system and already some on the team.
They just need a real coach, some good trades and getting the kids some experience.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
No, they're not. A reporter waxing poetic on what they should do doesn't mean a thing. Quick would not help the Flyers problem,unless he can coach. The lack of an NHL caliber coach has undermined this team for 3 years and now a 4th. As long as he is behind the bench, they will fail. His 'system' or lack thereof, is inefficient and ineffective , has no structure at all. The 'everybody' up and all 5 attack the net philosophy has only lead to odd man rushes the other way and pressure on a young defense. Forwards who are behind the play and trying to catch up. Extended zone time for the other team, scoring ops and goals. The team in front of the goalie is the real issue. A team w/o structure who are horrid in their own end, lose puck and board battles, can't get out of their own way, terrible in the neutral zone . And when they do get in the offensive zone, they are basically a one and done effort. From the time Hakstol's name was mentioned as a candidate I was pissed. You can't take a college coach with no professional experience who gimmicky system works once a week 40 times a year against 18-22 yr olds and expect it to work against the best players in the world , 3 to 4 times a week with the best minds behind the bench.It' s failed since he arrived and will continue to do so. He also cracks the confidence of young players.
The other glaring issue is the total lack of leadership, which has been a void for the 6 yrs and why the team has been golfing every April

The FLyers have the answer in goal, his name is Carter Hart, he's the best prospect they've had in goal since Pelle Linburgh. He's a brilliant young talent, the real deal. But Hextall is wise enough not to rush him, he needs to play in the AHL for at least a yr. No matter how much pressure he's been getting to bring the kid up, he wont do that.

The Flyers weren't a playoff team in Sept before the season started and won't be in April. Hextall has already commented on this 5 yr plan and the 20-21 team is the one he's building for. He's going to move Simmonds and probably Voracek (and will have to eat so,me of hit over inflated salary) THey have an abundance of young talent in the farm system and already some on the team.
They just need a real coach, some good trades and getting the kids some experience.
Wanna trade Robitaille and Blake for Hextall then?

Reactions: King Trouty

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Wanna trade Robitaille and Blake for Hextall then?

Your sarcasm is duly appreciated

It's amazing how many 'fans' here want Hextall gone. He inherited a mucky mess from Homer and has really turned things around, esp drafting and trading for draft picks. Don't agree with some of his moves, like Hakstol and inking Weiss for 4 yrs, reupping Gudas, etc. But for the most part, he's done a good job.
But he is stubborn and I think the Flyers are stuck with Haks...I don't think he'll fire him.
If he'd just had the common sense to give Haks, who had no professional experience, a 3 yr deal instead of a 5 yr deal, it might be Trotz behind the Flyers bench.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Pathetic Division has one team over .500, while the Central only has one team under .500.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Laine started last night on the 4th line. What is this concept of giving less ice time to players who struggle?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Laine started last night on the 4th line. What is this concept of giving less ice time to players who struggle?

LOL I like how you automatically assume he got LESS ice time..... Since the St. Louis win his ice time has averaged right around 17, with a low of 15 to a high of 22, it's not less ice time because Laine is struggling

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
LOL I like how you automatically assume he got LESS ice time..... Since the St. Louis win his ice time has averaged right around 17, with a low of 15 to a high of 22, it's not less ice time because Laine is struggling

So why did he start the game on the 4th line?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Can't remember, they said why during last night's game, it might have been to shake him up, but again, he didn't end up with LESS ice time....that's the point I was making.

And the point I was making is he needed a shakeup and his coach did something about it.

Or did you know that was my point and you just wanted to poke holes at any criticism pointed towards Stevens?

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
To be fair, John Stevens isn't a coach, he's just a press secretary.

44877696884_20c84d27db_b.jpg

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
And the point I was making is he needed a shakeup and his coach did something about it.

Or did you know that was my point and you just wanted to poke holes at any criticism pointed towards Stevens?

LOL I guess Kovalchuk on the 3rd line isn't doing anything.....

Again, you said Laine had less ice time because he was on the 4th line, which is blatantly false, if you want to make a valid point about Stevens, feel free, 9-10 games in, still not sure he is the problem, but you can make a valid point without lying about other shit....

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
LOL I guess Kovalchuk on the 3rd line isn't doing anything.....

Again, you said Laine had less ice time because he was on the 4th line, which is blatantly false, if you want to make a valid point about Stevens, feel free, 9-10 games in, still not sure he is the problem, but you can make a valid point without lying about other ****....

He played 15 minutes, down from the 17-20 minutes he played.

15 is less than 17-20 he got lately, so he GOT LESS ICE TIME.

If you want to accuse me of lying, when it was correct and you knew my point and you just want to antagonize, screw it. You can't be civil and I'm going to just ignore you again. I only unignored you because I didn't understand the context of some of the responses I was reading.

Not. Worth. It.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
He played 15 minutes, down from the 17-20 minutes he played.

15 is less than 17-20 he got lately, so he GOT LESS ICE TIME.

If you want to accuse me of lying, when it was correct and you knew my point and you just want to antagonize, screw it. You can't be civil and I'm going to just ignore you again. I only unignored you because I didn't understand the context of some of the responses I was reading.

Not. Worth. It.

LOL Since you wanna do it the hard way

Since Thursday the 18th

15:52
15:25
21:20
22:23
17:08
16:06

First of all, it wasn't 15...out of the six games, it is literally in the middle of most/less,

Second, like I said, make a valid point, don't lie about shit.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Take heart tank fans. The Red Wings are tied 1-1 with a real chance to win today against Dallas at home. The Red Wings beating a team as good as Dallas (LOL NO) would be huge for the Kings tank effort, since the Kings won't beat teams that are that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad