Around the League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Ducks gave up almost 50 shots again and lose in OT 4-3. No wonder Gibsons numbers stay high even in losses. Sort of like how Miller used to do the same with Buffalo years ago.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Take heart tank fans. The Red Wings are tied 1-1 with a real chance to win today against Dallas at home. The Red Wings beating a team as good as Dallas (LOL NO) would be huge for the Kings tank effort, since the Kings won't beat teams that are that good.

It's going to be difficult for the Kings to tank with all the competition in their division alone. If the Kings somehow beat Philly on Thursday, they would be 3 points out of 3rd in the Pacific :facepalm:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Ducks gave up almost 50 shots again and lose in OT 4-3. No wonder Gibsons numbers stay high even in losses. Sort of like how Miller used to do the same with Buffalo years ago.

I think both guys were awesome on their own accords though too. They just happened to be on teams that also bled/bleed shots.

Also reminds me of Vokoun. Nearly veered into the Carey Price thread to say he's just big market Vokoun/Miller but not worth it :laugh:

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Damn, Matthews out a month? Leafs are coming in 2 weeks. I really wanted to see him play.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
It's going to be difficult for the Kings to tank with all the competition in their division alone. If the Kings somehow beat Philly on Thursday, they would be 3 points out of 3rd in the Pacific :facepalm:
by thursday that number could be very different though no?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Former Kings Legend.

Won two Cups (as a healthy scratch in the deciding game 7s). I was stoked when the Devils got Tverdovsky in the Sykora/Friesen trade, but he just wasn't the same guy who had multiple 50 point seasons up to that point. Thought his RFA rights would have been worth a decent draft pick, but the Devils ended up not even giving him a qualifying offer. Rumor had it that Lou got desperate enough to offer Tverdovsky to the Rangers.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Won two Cups (as a healthy scratch in the deciding game 7s). I was stoked when the Devils got Tverdovsky in the Sykora/Friesen trade, but he just wasn't the same guy who had multiple 50 point seasons up to that point. Thought his RFA rights would have been worth a decent draft pick, but the Devils ended up not even giving him a qualifying offer. Rumor had it that Lou got desperate enough to offer Tverdovsky to the Rangers.

I thought he could’ve been another Ozolinsh type, who had a big impact on Colorado’s blueline when they went all the way in ‘96, and they gave up a damn good player in Owen Nolan to get that missing piece. I draw that comparison because both were primarily known as being offensive drivers, and both were dealt for some amazing talent.

Oleg’s offensive game though somehow fizzled away by his mid-20s. All of his 50+ point seasons were before he was 25. And somehow, in 45 career playoff games, he never scored a single playoff goal and only registered 14 assists.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
by thursday that number could be very different though no?

It could, I was just calculating with games in hand. It's amazing that as crappy as they have played that they would only be that far out. Shows how terrible the division is.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I think both guys were awesome on their own accords though too. They just happened to be on teams that also bled/bleed shots.

Also reminds me of Vokoun. Nearly veered into the Carey Price thread to say he's just big market Vokoun/Miller but not worth it :laugh:

Gibsons the only reason they've won. If he slipped just a little during the season , they'd be below us. Our team gets ripped by the hockey media as old and slow, yet the Ducks are just as bad, with Gibson hiding the fact.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
John McFarland was another one of those highly touted junior prospects with known attitude problems, and Florida took him ahead of Toffoli (thankfully) at #33 in 2010. He’s now playing in the ECHL.

Jack Campbell for Nick Ebert has worked out well, so if the Kings were to take a gamble on a Ho-Sang type, they’d probably look to shed one of their excess dmen in the pipeline.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The Oilers did draft him, but seems like the Isles gave him more of a chance to play more than any other NHL team. Now he’s a journeyman over in Europe, constantly changing up teams every year.

Ah, my mistake then. I remember Niederreiter having problems with the Isles. I don't recall Schremp having issues with the Isles.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
John McFarland was another one of those highly touted junior prospects with known attitude problems, and Florida took him ahead of Toffoli (thankfully) at #33 in 2010. He’s now playing in the ECHL.

Jack Campbell for Nick Ebert has worked out well, so if the Kings were to take a gamble on a Ho-Sang type, they’d probably look to shed one of their excess dmen in the pipeline.

From the other thread, someone mentioned Muzzin in talks with MTL and NYI, Muzzin for Ho-Sang and a pick, maybe? not a early pick, but maybe a 3rd or 4th, be interesting to see what happens.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Ah, my mistake then. I remember Niederreiter having problems with the Isles. I don't recall Schremp having issues with the Isles.

He seemed to clash with coaches wherever he went. This discussion offers good insight into his issues and why he never stuck anywhere.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/what-ever-happened-to-rob-schremp.1928281/

Seems like Ho-Sang is following the same path. According to Ho-Sang, it’s always other elements holding him back. Showing zero accountability and a sense of entitlement is not something other teams will be too keen on.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
When I hear Schremp, I think of his friends/family posting on HF pumping his tires when he was like 14. If hockey had an equivalent of the AND1 tour, Schremp would be a main attraction.

You would think Ho-Sang's agent would have pulled him aside and laid out the situation to him. Islanders had 12 forwards on one way deals plus Barzal and Beauvillier. So him making the opening night roster was always gonna be a long shot. But of those 12 forwards, 5 are on expiring deals so there'd be a job to be won later in the season.

Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
When I hear Schremp, I think of his friends/family posting on HF pumping his tires when he was like 14. If hockey had an equivalent of the AND1 tour, Schremp would be a main attraction.

You would Ho-Sang's agent would have pulled him aside and laid out the situation to him. Islanders had 12 forwards on one way deals plus Barzal and Beauvillier. So him making the opening night roster was always gonna be a long shot. But of those 12 forwards, 5 are on expiring deals so there'd be a job to be won later in the season.

Couldn't agree more with this. Complaining about his AHL ice time is also pretty dumb

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't want anything to do with Ho-Sang in this current environment.

If this was 4-5 years ago and we had Williams, Mitchell, Regehr et. al. to make him shit himself when he beavertailed and pouted over icetime it would be different.

Reactions: Ollie Weeks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->