Around the League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Frolov's post-game win speech to the team after scoring his first hat trick of the season.

looks so fun, Frolov is looking oooollld but it could just be the white beard and the video isnt really all that close up. Really cool to see him love hockey so much that hes still playing, even in such a lower league (unless he really needs the money?)

Frolov is my wifi password and has been for years :)

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
looks so fun, Frolov is looking oooollld but it could just be the white beard and the video isnt really all that close up. Really cool to see him love hockey so much that hes still playing, even in such a lower league (unless he really needs the money?)

Frolov is my wifi password and has been for years :)
After that season ending leg injury he had in NY I was worried he was just gonna call it a career. So it's nice to see him still around and having fun it looks like.

Side note: The 24 in my username is for him. :)

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Wow, Ron Hainsey is playing his 1,000th game tonight.

Ron f***ing Hainsey. Cannot believe he lasted this long in the league with his defensive shortcomings.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Ron ****ing Hainsey. Cannot believe he lasted this long in the league with his defensive shortcomings.
I think I have seen Brown truck Hainsey three or four times during his career.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Ron ****ing Hainsey. Cannot believe he lasted this long in the league with his defensive shortcomings.

Unless his defensive shortcomings are a myth built by fans who dont like him?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Based on the description, by "gives it to him" I thought Patrick was actually going to fish the puck out of the net and hand it to Kessler.

Was legit hoping for this. Like when Koivu stole Ryan's stick and Bobby scored with Mikko's instead...and held it out to him.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Surprised DiPi didn't stick around more, thought he was into broadcasting?I know he sounded good in the booth

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
lol that was awesome, thanks for sharing. I never paid much attention to Dipietro but that clip made him seem pretty likable.

Raccoon Jesus said:
Surprised DiPi didn't stick around more, thought he was into broadcasting?I know he sounded good in the booth

Not sure if he's still doing it, but it looks like he became a full time radio guy last year: Rick DiPietro

He might make for a fun color commentator or at least an upgrade over somebody like Milbury in NBCSN's studio, but a local radio gig might be more fun.

Maybe it comes with the territory for going 1st overall, but that probably made DiPietro an easy target for most fans. If the Islanders had taken him #5, I don't think he would have gotten the amount of flack that he did/does (ie, Rostislav Klesla didn't pan out to be a top pairing guy from the same draft, but nobody ever lists him among the biggest busts). The silly 15 year contract didn't help, but taking a step back, I don't think anybody would fault him for taking the deal.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Outstanding defense by McNabb.

Speaking of Vegas, they're dangerously close to the Kings in the standings. Only ahead of the Kings in GF too.

The Pacific has 3 of the worst 7 teams again so far. The Ducks are no longer 31st in SA per game, and outshot an opponent last night.

As of today, based on points%, the playoffs would be:

Pit/Tor
NYI/Clb
TB/NJ
Bos/Mtl

Nas/Dal
Min/Wpg
Edm/Col
Cal/SJ

Canucks and Coyotes nipping at the Sharks for the last spot in the West. No defending champs. The Canadiens, Oilers, and Islanders seem to be running some parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->