Around the League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Ducks just pulled a Kings, I was kind of impressed.

Murray is going to fire Carlyle before Blake fires Stevens, I just know it.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

That's where you're wrong pal, BM has a fierce affinity towards Carlyle. While im sure Blake has Stevens poster above his bed(in a G-string), I still think Blake will fire Stevens first.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
1 game tonight...way to go NHL. Who is the genius who puts 13 games on Thursday against the NFL and 1 on the Wednesday beforehand?

Anyone know why there is a noon mountain time game tomorrow?

Reactions: King Trouty

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Murray fired and then re-hired Carlyle.

1 game tonight...way to go NHL. Who is the genius who puts 13 games on Thursday against the NFL and 1 on the Wednesday beforehand?

Anyone know why there is a noon mountain time game tomorrow?

I'm guessing today it's because of Halloween. Usually aren't many games on Wednesday's anyway, but tonight is a 10pm EST start for the one game. Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday have usually been the larger schedule days in the NHL.

The Panthers and Jets are in Finland.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Murray fired and then re-hired Carlyle.

I'm guessing today it's because of Halloween. Usually aren't many games on Wednesday's anyway, but tonight is a 10pm EST start for the one game. Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday have usually been the larger schedule days in the NHL.

The Panthers and Jets are in Finland.

Thanks for the Finland answer..makes sense.

Before Sportsnet bought the NHL rights in Canada Wednesday was the Hockey day during the week. I would go to my buddies and a group of us would watch the TSN double header of the night. Would be nice if the NHL would go back to that as it split the week up nice. Lots of games Wednesdays and Saturdays and then average on other days.

Will say last Saturday they got it right. You could watch hockey from am to night with no lags.

Dexter Sinister

Sep 26, 2015
Idahizzle
I want this team to succeed...even with Stevens as coach. I just don't see that happening. Not sure how we have a roster with this much talent, that can't seem to put it together. This team has grown together and won together, and now.....well, now they're losing together.

Is Stevens like that parent that would rather be BFF's with their kids than an actual parent? Won't discipline their kids because that just wouldn't be cool. Or is he coddling them and holding them instead of letting them walk on their own?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I want this team to succeed...even with Stevens as coach. I just don't see that happening. Not sure how we have a roster with this much talent, that can't seem to put it together. This team has grown together and won together, and now.....well, now they're losing together.

Is Stevens like that parent that would rather be BFF's with their kids than an actual parent? Won't discipline their kids because that just wouldn't be cool. Or is he coddling them and holding them instead of letting them walk on their own?
Outside of Kopitar (who appears to be taking his every other year hibernation), Doughty, and Kovalchuk (old, but still has talent), I do not think this roster is extremely talented.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Outside of Kopitar (who appears to be taking his every other year hibernation), Doughty, and Kovalchuk (old, but still has talent), I do not think this roster is extremely talented.
Quick is a top 10 goalie in the league but obviously needs to stay healthy.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

As a whole? Carter is still talented, but something is wrong, Toffoli is talent, but no desire, Pearson is the opposite, and right now both are gone, Kempe has talent and and fire, but has to learn to reign it in, Iafallo, some talent, a lot of fire

But you can go around every team and do that, look at Winnipeg, I would assume, you think they are extremely talented, but after Schiefele, Laine, Connor, and perhaps Ehler and Little....you have the same "issues" as in, you have guys with talent but no fire, Dano (who they moved on from), guys with no talent, but fire, Lowry etc, guys that have both but have to reign it in, Perreault etc,

Dexter Sinister

Sep 26, 2015
Idahizzle
I'm not saying that this team has enough talent to win another cup this season, but there is definitely enough talent on this roster to not be a bottom feeder. There is enough talent that we should make the playoffs and should win at least 1 series. For whatever reason, this roster just doesn't look comfortable on the ice together. Whether its due to Stevens (which I believe is the case) or if its all on the players (not being motivated, not hungry enough) or whatever the reason, something needs to happen to spark some life into this team. As others have said, I'd start with Stevens, if there is still no improvement, that's when I'd start looking to move a player or two like Pearson, Toffoli, Kempe.

Yes, the team won the other night. No, I didn't expect this team to be at the top of the standings, but I don't think I was wrong for thinking this was a playoff bound team. They really shouldn't be at the bottom of the standings.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I'm not saying that this team has enough talent to win another cup this season, but there is definitely enough talent on this roster to not be a bottom feeder. There is enough talent that we should make the playoffs and should win at least 1 series. For whatever reason, this roster just doesn't look comfortable on the ice together. Whether its due to Stevens (which I believe is the case) or if its all on the players (not being motivated, not hungry enough) or whatever the reason, something needs to happen to spark some life into this team. As others have said, I'd start with Stevens, if there is still no improvement, that's when I'd start looking to move a player or two like Pearson, Toffoli, Kempe.

Yes, the team won the other night. No, I didn't expect this team to be at the top of the standings, but I don't think I was wrong for thinking this was a playoff bound team. They really shouldn't be at the bottom of the standings.
I agree, the Kings are a black hole team.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Quick is a top 10 goalie in the league but obviously needs to stay healthy.
Sadly, I think we are seeing the beginning of the end of Quick's ability to dominate consistently over a long season.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Thanks for the Finland answer..makes sense.

Before Sportsnet bought the NHL rights in Canada Wednesday was the Hockey day during the week. I would go to my buddies and a group of us would watch the TSN double header of the night. Would be nice if the NHL would go back to that as it split the week up nice. Lots of games Wednesdays and Saturdays and then average on other days.

Will say last Saturday they got it right. You could watch hockey from am to night with no lags.

Makes sense. That's probably what I'm thinking of. Whatever NBC calls their game on Wednesday's, and whenever that started exactly, it's usually been one of the few games on Wednesday night to get the eyeballs.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Why is Anaheim sending Steel back down. In the games of theirs I have caught he didn't look out of place and I thought he was even getting 2nd unit PP time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad