Around the League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Wow Friday's game Kings/Hawks. Two teams searching for Jack Hughes.

A game of who can suck less. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

11/24 through 11-30 might be the season guys, the Kings play Canucks x2 Oilers x2 then flames. If the Kings lose most of those games the season is probably over.

The Canucks are going to be a tough team this year, they have finally turned around the losing with some homerun draft picks. The Canucks defense would be even better if they had not botched Nikita Tryamkin contract.

This is how you build a team, suck really bad and draft well.

Reactions: SettlementRichie10

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I know I'm really late to this, but Lucic did the right thing, in fact, if I was a Lucic I would have taken more liberties on that guy. I hate players who intent to injure with questionable runs and the refs don't keep them in line. If you want to take the fighting out of hockey, keeping the rats in check is the way to do it.

I wanted Carrier driven through the ground when he was running our defenseman during the playoffs.

Lucic not only did the right thing he did it in a way to protect the opposing player. If Lucic hadn't done that what wold Kassian have done?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Given what Draisaitl signed for two years ago I think Nylander is worth closer to the $8M than whatever the leafs are offering

Sounds like they were offering $6.5M on a bridge deal, which is close to Pastrnak money. Although he hasn't been as productive as Kucherov, I'm venturing a guess that Nylander's camp feels that he could reach that level seeing how he had back-to-back 61 point seasons as a 20-21 year old.

Reactions: King Trouty

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

seattle-totems.PNG

Green_Thunderbird_Jersey.jpg

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Given what Draisaitl signed for two years ago I think Nylander is worth closer to the $8M than whatever the leafs are offering

Problem is not Nylander and what he's asking for, it's what do they do with Marner and Matthews afterwards, if Nylander is worth closer to 8M, what are you gonna pay Marner, 10-11M and if so, what the hell are you paying Matthews, 13-14M? That's the issue they are having....in the food chain, he's 3rd, about to be 4th if Kapanen keeps playing the way he is with Matthews

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Imagine if one of our captains could do this.

Holy shit what a scrap. THAT is the kind of fight the game needs, dudes that can play, all passion, really throwing, not cuddling.

That being said you and I both know that as far as Cs go Benn is the exception. OEL, McDavid, Barkov, Josi, Koivu...

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Good fight between Benn and Anderson. I saw an epic knock down drag out when I was a kid between Gord Gallant of the Minnesota Fighting Saints and Peter McNamee of the Phoenix Roadrunners. It started with a bench clearing brawl. McNamee had lost his jersey, but won the fight. Gallant had a reputation as being one of the toughest fighters in the WHA, so decided he wasn't done. McNamee finished him off.
3-15006.jpg

3-15001.jpg

3-15003.jpg

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Sorry Milan, but looking at video of when you were 23 is not going to make you play like your 23 now.

Could you imagine if he'd accepted Dean's offer and was on the books until 2024?

Gross, that would cut into the Kings ability to contend following the rebuild or retool.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Problem is not Nylander and what he's asking for, it's what do they do with Marner and Matthews afterwards, if Nylander is worth closer to 8M, what are you gonna pay Marner, 10-11M and if so, what the hell are you paying Matthews, 13-14M? That's the issue they are having....in the food chain, he's 3rd, about to be 4th if Kapanen keeps playing the way he is with Matthews
yup they cannot fit them all n and fix their D. Good problem to have though and they need to move out for D if you as kme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad