Post-Game Talk: Avs 6 - Jets 2, Avs lead series 2 -1

Status
Not open for further replies.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
It was ridiculous. Helly was not the sole reason but the 5 hole goal contributed to the downward spiral. The Jets best players once again are not being their best players

Hmm Declan Chisholm would have been nice...
Are you talking about the tying PP goal?
You do know Helle doesn’t have x-rays eyes right?
IMG_4074.jpeg

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Goals against
1 - Scheifele just plays him really soft - if our 1C cant handle 40 year old Parise... man... Pionk lost a bit
2 - Nice screen - two guys in front - our PK could be more aggressive but its a nice goal
3 - PK is gassed but Pionk is peewee puck chasing - other three guys are in position
4 - Scheifele is 6'3 and plays like he's 5'8... pathetic effort - this one is all on him
after that who cares...

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
One thing I found absolutely hilarious is that Bednar was essentially running the exact same matchups with home-ice that Bowness was hard matching with in Winnipeg. Really tells you what the Avs think about the Jets tactics.

I thought Schmidt had a good game and brought some steadyness to the backend. Morrissey good as usual.

PK has been a problem all season looks like it might cost the Jets any chance at making a series out of this.

Hopefully Perfetti draws in, he won't singlehandedly change the game but winning in the playoffs (esp for a club like the Jets who are severely handicapped to start with due to their best case scenario was breaking even on Special Teams) requires not leaving anything on the table when it comes to things you can control in your lineup and the Jets have already left a lot on the table when it comes to that.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Are you talking about the tying PP goal?
You do know Helle doesn’t have x-rays eyes right?
View attachment 860401
I think you know what I mean. He is not getting much help but he is not coming up with the timely save.
The series is over, the frauds have been exposed and the white out is a curse. Ce la vie

.870, .871, .872. Through three games, see Helly getting better, maybe .873 Sunday!
But it is not at all his fault according to many. I just feel he is standing on his head at times but not making the big save when it is needed even in the game they won.

Jeffsrig

Jan 27, 2015
Innisfail
Well that was interesting, Going to be backlash to the league for sure. If memory serves me whistles get put away in the 3rd in tight games not the other way around. Lack of consistency in officiating makes for shitty hockey. That was painful to watch after 8 periods of really exciting hockey.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
This is not the Jets team I saw on the regular season
What the hell happened?
Just cause we can pump seven goals in a game against the Avs doesn’t mean we can run and gun with them all series long
Stick with your winning identity, jets players
Keep it tight and play Defense first

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
19 players with different levels of responsibility for this loss. Only player blameless is LB.

Helle not getting much support but still not being Helle. Outgoalied the last 2 games by a sieve.
The officiating of course sucked, to no one's surprise. But our special teams have sucked since Sip was a teatotaller.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. So of course that is what the Jets do.

The core guys seem to virtually disappear come play-off time.
I guess Sunday we get Samberg/Pionk and Stanley/Schmidt.

We could still win this but it would be major surprise if we did.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
One thing I found absolutely hilarious is that Bednar was essentially running the exact same matchups with home-ice that Bowness was hard matching with in Winnipeg. Really tells you what the Avs think about the Jets tactics.

I thought Schmidt had a good game and brought some steadyness to the backend. Morrissey good as usual.

PK has been a problem all season looks like it might cost the Jets any chance at making a series out of this.

Hopefully Perfetti draws in, he won't singlehandedly change the game but winning in the playoffs (esp for a club like the Jets who are severely handicapped to start with due to their best case scenario was breaking even on Special Teams) requires not leaving anything on the table when it comes to things you can control in your lineup and the Jets have already left a lot on the table when it comes to that.
Bednar's pretty straightforward - play MacKinnon's line as often as possible.

I do think having Perfetti play means we could ice 3x "top 6" lines plus Lowry's very good 3rd line. Wouldn't mind seeing KFC get separated from Schief again, too - the current lineup is not working. Gotta do something to mix it up, why not go to something that worked earlier in the year?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Inconsistent refring and poor special teams killed us. First game we were largely in the fight this series 5 on 5. Just goes to show you why we needed coaching to fix our special teams heading into the playoffs.

Absolutely must win on Sunday and Bones may have to do some things he may not want to do to spark this group. Perfetti should be in. I think we need someone hungry and highly motivated to prove the coach wrong.

Last edited:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I see a lot of very subjective views blaming the officiating, and I understand that, but that is not the problem, as usually penalties all balance out in the end.

The problem is the Jets don't want it bad enough, and the Avs do. Where is Villardi, Connor, Ehlers, and Monahan ? These guys were really all invisable and do not show up, when the going gets tough and the big chips are on the table.

It's a matter of character, and will to win, and play a disciplined game. The only players that I liked tonight were Morrissey, Scheifele, and Lowry, and the rest of the Jets were sub par. Not good enough.

Put in Barron -- he has grit and character, put in Perfetti, he's been hot lately, and start Brossoit in Goal, as Helle has proven he chokes in the playoffs.

We "have to" make some changes, or the same thing will happen on Sunday. The Jets will have to play their best game on Sunday, with a 100 % gritty effort, little to no penalties, and their players have to "show up."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad