Around the League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I know I'm really late to this, but Lucic did the right thing, in fact, if I was a Lucic I would have taken more liberties on that guy. I hate players who intent to injure with questionable runs and the refs don't keep them in line. If you want to take the fighting out of hockey, keeping the rats in check is the way to do it.

I wanted Carrier driven through the ground when he was running our defenseman during the playoffs.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
No real opinion on the play.

Just happy Lucic is somebody else's problem until 2023 or whenever it makes enough financial sense for the Oilers to buy him out. He is a horrendous hockey player,

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Carlyle has to be on death watch right now, Ducks are in a tailspin and just being dominated all over the ice by a team that played last night.

The hockey being played in SoCal right now is about on par with the football being played in NY.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Carlyle has to be on death watch right now, Ducks are in a tailspin and just being dominated all over the ice by a team that played last night.

The hockey being played in SoCal right now is about on par with the football being played in NY.

Helene is bringing down the hammer. Carlyle might be the 3rd coach to go.

Reactions: King Trouty

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I'm pretty sure we were the only team this season to not put up more than 40 SOG against the Ducks. Another 43 put on the Ducks tonight as Minny stomped them 5-1. Carlyle won't last the weekend.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Taylor Fedun to the Stars for a conditional 2020 7th round pick. This is what the Stars do when they have some injuries. This is part of why Blake can't make some big trade.

Dexter Sinister

Sep 26, 2015
Idahizzle
I think if/when the Ducks fire Carlyle, it will be after the HOF weekend. Let's see if they hire coach Q. I also think if the Kings trade someone soon, it'll be after this weekend as well. I'm thinking the NHL has asked teams not to make any announcements this weekend to not take away from the HOF. Just my thoughts.

Dexter Sinister

Sep 26, 2015
Idahizzle
I think if/when the Ducks fire Carlyle, it will be after the HOF weekend. Let's see if they hire coach Q. I also think if the Kings trade someone soon, it'll be after this weekend as well. I'm thinking the NHL has asked teams not to make any announcements this weekend to not take away from the HOF. Just my thoughts.
I was wrong. Didn't see BUF and DAL had made a trade this weekend.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Do you guys remember Tomas Hyka at all? Think he was a 6th rd pick of ours, was fun to watch at camp IIRC...has an assist for VGK tonight. Happy for him!

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Tomas Tatar has gotten off to a real good start with the Habs. Playing with confidence. Liking his game thus far.

I think he’s found a good spot.

Habs have been enjoyable to watch in the early going. Don’t know if they can keep it going but it has been entertaining.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
As in, it's another example of how difficult it is to make trades. Lose Klingberg for 4 weeks, and what do you do? Bring up some dude from the minors, and all that's out there is a replacement for him in the minors.
This doesn't make sense.

If Doughty got injured and they called up LaDue and acquired another depth guy it wouldn't be an example of how hard it is to make trades.

Reactions: KINGS17

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
My favorite part of Habs vs. Knights is Tatar scoring the game winner while Pacioretty was pointless again.

My favorite part of both this and the Erik Karlsson trades is watching the more reasonable folks have to backpedal a bit on their evaluation of their abilities while the fringe lunatics double down on the ignorance.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Karlsson is having a tough start to his season with San Jose. At 28 years of age you can bet Ottawa and San Jose are both happy they didn't commit to a mega-contract with him. One has to wonder if the two hairline fractures in his heal, or maybe some other injuries are starting to take a toll on his skating.

Anyone watching the Sharks closely know if his skating is not at the elite level any longer?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Karlsson is having a tough start to his season with San Jose. At 28 years of age you can bet Ottawa and San Jose are both happy they didn't commit to a mega-contract with him. One has to wonder if the two hairline fractures in his heal, or maybe some other injuries are starting to take a toll on his skating.

Anyone watching the Sharks closely know if his skating is not at the elite level any longer?

Not every game, but a lot of them.

It looks better than it did last year. It's just a different game he has to play when everything isn't run through him. He has a noticeable hitch in his transitions that was there last year too, not as fluid, much more jerky, has to adjust for the loss of speed or something. But again, not worse than it was before, this is an integration issue.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Wow Friday's game Kings/Hawks. Two teams searching for Jack Hughes.

A game of who can suck less. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

11/24 through 11-30 might be the season guys, the Kings play Canucks x2 Oilers x2 then flames. If the Kings lose most of those games the season is probably over.

The Canucks are going to be a tough team this year, they have finally turned around the losing with some homerun draft picks. The Canucks defense would be even better if they had not botched Nikita Tryamkin contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad