Around the League 2018-19 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The idea that Rob Blake was qualified for that GM position will plummet the Kings. He's in over his head, it's been clear since he took over.

5 years for any coach other than Gallant/Trotz/Cooper/Babcock/etc is pretty unnecessary

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
The idea that Rob Blake was qualified for that GM position will plummet the Kings. He's in over his head, it's been clear since he took over.

5 years for any coach other than Gallant/Trotz/Cooper/Babcock/etc is pretty unnecessary
I don't see a lot of daylight between Babcock and mcclellan honestly. I don't think he's a no-brainer hire for the kings because I don't think their major problem is coaching, it's talent. He'll make them better but they need a skilled GM to steer them through a rebuild. I don't think they have one.

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
sharks and oilers fans would beg to differ
Yeah McLellan is the only coach to lose two different playoffs series to a Randy Carlyle coached team.
The Sharks famous choke jobs also happened under him: both the "Up 3 games to 0 collapse to the Kings" & the "presidents trophy Sharks getting KOed by 8th seed Ducks".

Thank goodness the Kings signed McLellan before Murray could ever offer him a interview.
Heck in a game of Chess i bet Carlyle defeats McLellan while Carlyle is both drunk & stoned.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Yeah McLellan is the only coach to lose two different playoffs series to a Randy Carlyle coached team.
The Sharks famous choke jobs also happened under him: both the "Up 3 games to 0 collapse to the Kings" & the "presidents trophy Sharks getting KOed by 8th seed Ducks".

Thank goodness the Kings signed McLellan before Murray could ever offer him a interview.
Heck in a game of Chess i bet Carlyle defeats McLellan while Carlyle is both drunk & stoned.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Marner is freaking good. So in the end of the day TOR will have 3 players earning > 11m per season. Add Nylander and you have 40m bound to 4 guys. That's far from healthy.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Kadri got suspended “the rest of the first round” for intentionally cross checking a guy in the face. So 3-5 games. Sounds about right for this f***ed up DOPS.

Vermette got twice that long for tapping a linesman in the leg.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Kadri got suspended “the rest of the first round” for intentionally cross checking a guy in the face. So 3-5 games. Sounds about right for this ****ed up DOPS.

Vermette got twice that long for tapping a linesman in the leg.
don't forget that games are basically worth double in the playoffs. And linesman's are a completely different thing, you just can not touch them like that. I actually think this is a fair suspension. Kadri is a damn moron.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I think if you intentionally cross check someone in the face, that’s basically assault, regardless of the situation. It’s not like he was reckless and lost control of his stick. He knew exactly what he was doing. He should get the Tom Wilson/Raffi Torres treatment.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
The whole idea of suspending a guy "for the rest of a round" is absurd to me quite frankly. I think a set number of games should be a requirement
Was just going to add this to my post. It’s ridiculous that this could end up being just a 3-game suspension.

“But it could be 5! We’re not sure but we just don’t want the Bruins playing against him.” Quality decision making.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Eh. I actually don't mind that it's tied to the length of the round. Makes it more fair imo. The discrepancy between 3-5 games is not that large but the fact it could impact the next round seems a bit unfair.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Eh. I actually don't mind that it's tied to the length of the round. Makes it more fair imo. The discrepancy between 3-5 games is not that large but the fact it could impact the next round seems a bit unfair.
I don’t understand why it seems unfair that it could impact the next round. If you think a hit was bad enough to warrant 5 games, then give him an actual 5 games! If you think 3 is enough, then make it 3

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
The whole idea of suspending a guy "for the rest of a round" is absurd to me quite frankly. I think a set number of games should be a requirement

Agreed.

Also, there is the fact the low end of that is 3 games. That just doesn't seem like enough, when you consider his history, and the number of suspensions that have been for shots to the head, and the fact he got 3 games last year in the playoffs for an incident.

I would have been fine with 5, but 3 isn't enough. My feeling is they should have just said 5. If Toronto moves on quickly, tough shit for him. He deserves to miss some extra games.

Edit: Which is basically what you said in your next post.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Thats the kind of money you spend on coach Q or Gallant, not playoff choke artist McLellan.
Overpaid tank commander for LA when they could just sign Randy Carlyle.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Isn't McLellan a decent regular season coach though? That's failing at tanking too if he is
Yep he was great at leading the Sharks to regular season awards before they fall apart in the playoffs.
In any case he's got himself a nice retirement contract.

The best part is: he's not available for Murray to interview.

Reactions: lwvs84
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad