Around the League 2018-19 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Dallas' financial guys just obliterated benn and Seguin today. Just trashed their effort.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I've seen their owner with that exact quote, so must be him.

EDIT: Yeah, I don't know what exactly I'm referring to here. Let's put it on tiredness, ok. Anyway, their owner called Seguin and Benn f****** horse s***.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I've seen their owner with that exact quote, so must be him.

EDIT: Yeah, I don't know what exactly I'm referring to here. Let's put it on tiredness, ok. Anyway, their owner called Seguin and Benn f****** horse s***.

I saw that on twitter and disregarded it as a joke. Apparently not..

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
It's kind of amusing the only time the Stars are at all relevant is when the owner calls out their star players like that.

Can't say I understand why he called them out though. Seems like a good way to alienate two of your top players (and it's not like Dallas has many of them), I haven't watched many Stars games but it seems Seguin/Benn and Radulov are the only forwards who are able to produce anything for them.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
It's kind of amusing the only time the Stars are at all relevant is when the owner calls out their star players like that.

Can't say I understand why he called them out though. Seems like a good way to alienate two of your top players (and it's not like Dallas has many of them), I haven't watched many Stars games but it seems Seguin/Benn and Radulov are the only forwards who are able to produce anything for them.
That quote is from the CEO, not the owner. Public humiliation is the last resort of a person who is absolutely terrible at dealing with people. And he gives the reason for it -- the real reason -- in the article. The owner has been on his ass asking him what's wrong with the team. And his answer? Well it's not me, look at all this talent we've assembled! Never mind that Dallas really isn't all that talented or deep. He repeatedly talks himself up in the article, it's pretty gross.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
it at least shows dedication to winning

and who knows? it could light a fire under their a**** too
I'm not sure putting your two best players on blast in such a public manner shows dedication to winning. Seems like a good way to alienate them though. I sure as hell wouldn't want the CEO of the Ducks to berate our best players in public, that's something kept for behind closed doors. No good comes out of it playing out in public.

And either way, Benn/Seguin surely aren't even close to the biggest problem in Dallas - and singling them out seems a bit ridiculous to me. Dallas have zero depth mainly due to their complete inability to draft good NHL'ers for years. They've drafted a handful of good NHL'ers in the last 10ish years and nearly all of their first rounds for a decade or more have busted too.

They are just a poorly run organisation.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
There are reports that they’ve been talking to them in private for two months. I get it if a player is having a down year, but playing like they don’t give a damn is completely unacceptable at the salaries those two are pulling. They both have a NMC. Public humiliation is certainly one way of getting them to give up the country club attitude and/or waive their NMC.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Dallas should blow it up. They’ve been in the blackhole for a long time now. I’d trade everyone except for Heiskanen. At a certain point you just aren’t having success with that current direction

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Karlsson is playing like the defenseman in the league again. The past dozen or so games he looks like he’s starting to fit with the sharks. That doesn’t bode well for the Pacific division.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Pirri has 5 goals & 2 assists in 6 games this year as a Center for Vegas.
I read in another thread that he is no longer a 1 trick pony, so there is hope Sprong becomes more than a guy with a nice shot.

Pirri's 1st point last night was a primary assist in setting up Statsny goal & then scores one later in the game.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Pirri has 5 goals & 2 assists in 6 games this year as a Center for Vegas.
I read in another thread that he is no longer a 1 trick pony, so there is hope Sprong becomes more than a guy with a nice shot.

Pirri's 1st point last night was a primary assist in setting up Statsny goal & then scores one later in the game.

He's not playing center. He's been the LW with Stastny-Tuch while Pacioretty has been out. And he's still not a good defensive player or a good skater, but he's being put into a position to succeed with really good linemates.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->