Around the League 2018-19 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Matthews Dad is an absolute idiot too and Matthews not telling the team is dumb as f***. You’re a professional hockey player did you actually think they wouldn’t find out? He’s not even remotely remorseful in his apology statement.

If the Leafs FO give him the C right after this incident then they’re absolute morons too. Although we can see that already with some of the contracts they’re handing out.

Reactions: Exit Dose

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It seems like the more that comes out it just makes Matthews look worse. His dad either knew and lied or didn't know and still made an ass out of himself. The condo board saying Matthews has previous been a problem also hardly makes him look like a leader.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving team. :laugh:

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I know the Matthews thing is bad, I just think of all the stupidass shit I got away with at his age. I also know “boys will be boys” isn’t an acceptable thing, but...

Anyway, there’s really no spot for Drouin as he really hasn’t proven much to warrant giving up anything substantial.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Drouin is a good player with a lot of talent but he’s more of what we have - good but not great forwards. He may put it altogether and become a 70+ point guy but we need Dmen a lot more than we need Drouin.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Hard to see how Conor signs for 7 mil over that long. The 7 mil would be a bridge I imagine. 3 year similar term

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
He’s a significantly better player in my book but will definitely be interesting where he lands

He may be better but he’s not as unique. Laine puts butts in seats and if he figures it out he’ll be Ovechkin level marketing material.

I’d easily sign that contract if I’m Winnipeg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad