Around the League 2018-19 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Here from Sens land - Wasn't sure where to put this, but Brian Gibbons has been fantastic since the trade.

He's playing a hard two-way game, and has 5 goals, 7 assists, 12 points (none of which were on the PP) in the 15 games from the fourth line. Most sens fans even want him re-signed.
Glad he's getting a chance to play, might just be more of an eastern style player.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Here from Sens land - Wasn't sure where to put this, but Brian Gibbons has been fantastic since the trade.

He's playing a hard two-way game, and has 5 goals, 7 assists, 12 points (none of which were on the PP) in the 15 games from the fourth line. Most sens fans even want him re-signed.

Glad he's getting a chance to play, might just be more of an eastern style player.

Those 12 points in 15 games is almost as many as the 16 points Cogliano has in 75 games.
Pretty much shows how low Cogliano has fallen, Cogliano is playing on a playoff team & his numbers are still very bad there in Dallas, Gibbons got better going going to the last team in the league.
Overall Gibbons has 17 points in 59 games.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This blues avs game is crazy, they are trying to kill eachother

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Sharks better win this year - they have so many players to resign. But with that goaltending ...

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
sharks are not coming close to sniffing the cup the way they've played as of late

can't see them beating vegas or calgary in a 7 game series

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Sharks won’t win anything with Karlsson on the shelf. They went all in with poor goaltending and their best player is hurt going into the playoffs, they might get through a round but the goaltending will get exposed at some point along the way.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i wonder what's the deal with jones?

he was pretty damn good the last few seasons and then boom, he's crap this season. wonder if its just an off year or if he's hurt

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Stars clinch a playoff spot, which means Cogs also makes the playoffs. If the Stars pull a miracle I’ll be happy to see cogs get the cup.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Dallas officially clinches a playoff spot (yay Cogs!) and Colorado is effectively in because the Coyotes are all but done...with the knockout blow being delivered by the Kings. Not a bad night for the draft lottery odds, but in terms of fandom, that was f***ing brutal.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
The only college feee agent of my interest . signed with LVK. Very quiet so far from a Ducks perspective.
Chase Priskie will not sign with WSH and would be great to have.

Last edited:

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
The only college feee agent of my interest . signed with LVK. Very quiet so far from a Ducks perspective.
Chase Priskie will not sign with WSH and would be great to have.

That would be the Schultz saga coming full circle. Can't believe that was 7 years ago.

If Priskie is getting this kind of attention, just imagine the Adam Fox drama next year. Good Lord... :help:

Reactions: Masch78

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Colorado wins in OT and officially make the playoffs. Was pulling for the 'Yotes, good for them hanging around all year despite injuries and no one exceeding 50 points. Tocchet should get Jack Adams votes.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Burns hits 80 points on the year (81 to be exact). Our top blueliner has 28. Including Montour our whole blueline has 116 points.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Lol Oilers. I remember how their fans used to start those "Is this the year when the Oilers finish ahead of the Ducks?" threads. Now the Ducks finally have an epically abysmal season, and yet - somehow - the Oilers STILL manage to be even worse. And they even have two 100+ point players. This shouldn't even be possible.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Lol Oilers. I remember how their fans used to start those "Is this the year when the Oilers finish ahead of the Ducks?" threads. Now the Ducks finally have an epically abysmal season, and yet - somehow - the Oilers STILL manage to be even worse. And they even have two 100+ point players. This shouldn't even be possible.
The oilers are the answer to the question, what would it look like if the Pirates/Quakers franchise had never folded?

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
The Oilers being this bad with two "franchise" players is still another reason why tanking for a high pick is a terrible idea. Their losing culture has managed to overshadow the greatness of McDavid and Draisaitl.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Habs Leafs is an entertaining game. Neither team knows how to play a lick of defense and both goalies are average.

Reactions: duxfan1101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad