AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Omega returns to ask The Elite what the deal is then gets beat down in front of his home crowd and disappears for a few to many more months while he has surgery and hopefully recovers?

Reactions: CDJ and Fro

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
GMDxSrdXoAEk1pi[1].jpg

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Does anyone have the clip of them mentioning what happened to Tony khan? They name dropped Jack Perry. This is awesome!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
BAH GAWD! ITS STORYTELLING! IN AEW!

But seriously I've ragged on Tony Khan for his promotions lack of storytelling but I have to give him some credit here trying something different and then really leaning into it with the neck brace at the NFL draft. This angle could end up being a total flop but I'd say there is potential there. For once, they ended an episode of Dynamite making me want to see what happens on the next episode, and that is how they can grow their business and capture more casual viewers. Kudos!

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Every time I see a picture of Shahid Khan I'm convinced that just a few minutes earlier he was tying some poor girl to the railroad tracks while laughing and twirling his mustache. :nod:

Maybe it will turn out that he is behind the Bucks and the Elite, and he had them teach his son a lesson for spending his money frivolously

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
BAH GAWD! ITS STORYTELLING! IN AEW!

But seriously I've ragged on Tony Khan for his promotions lack of storytelling but I have to give him some credit here trying something different and then really leaning into it with the neck brace at the NFL draft. This angle could end up being a total flop but I'd say there is potential there. For once, they ended an episode of Dynamite making me want to see what happens on the next episode, and that is how they can grow their business and capture more casual viewers. Kudos!

It's why I'm still willing to let it play out despite not really liking the Bucks or the idea of Tony being an on screen character.

They have been needing some bigger storylines that make each episode feel can't miss

Reactions: BruinDust

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I do agree with some of the criticism of how the first hour was laid out that I've been reading.

Swerve should have been the absolute first thing on the show and he should have had a promo or a segment.

He is your newly crowned world champ, this is your first show after the PPV and its their highest rated show.

It could have been as simple as him talking about how he made history and then Fletcher comes out to challenge him then we get the match, but it needed to be something.

Especially when the same show is giving Willow, the mid card women's champ, and Jericho, someone with a belt that doesn't count, promo segments.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The Grizzled Young Vets have signed with AEW and will make their debut Saturday night.

download.webp

Barring any changes this week's Collision looks like this:

• AEW Unified Trios Champions Bullet Club Gold (Jay White, Austin Gunn & Colten Gunn) defend against Top Flight (Darius & Dante Martin) and Action Andretti
  • Toni Storm vs. Anna Jay
  • The Acclaimed (Anthony Bowens & Max Caster) vs. Grizzled Young Veterans (James Drake & Zack Gibson)
  • Swerve Strickland's first interview as AEW World Champion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad