Around The League 2018-19 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Summarize ?
It's Zach,Ryan their agents an craig leopold discussing how it all went down. Zach did confirm what was suspected that he asked Ryan to come to NJ an Ryan Asked him to come to Nashville. After that they negotiated seperately an Suter was nearly a Red Wing, Zach was looking at Chicago as well

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
i liked it for three reasons- 1, it was easier to track the puck (these were the days before hi def, mind you)...2, you could see in real time how fast the puck was traveling...and 3, in my mind, the glow puck is intrinsically linked to the fox robots that would fight each other after a goal was scored, which was awesome.

And the average TV was what, 19-27 inches?

Reactions: MartyOwns

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's Zach,Ryan their agents an craig leopold discussing how it all went down. Zach did confirm what was suspected that he asked Ryan to come to NJ an Ryan Asked him to come to Nashville. After that they negotiated seperately an Suter was nearly a Red Wing, Zach was looking at Chicago as well
I bet Chicago is glad they didn't sign him. They won 2 cups since Zach signed that deal and have enough bad contracts;

Detroit also has enough bad contracts, but Suter wouldn't even be nearly their worst.

Marty was also talking to Chicago that same year.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
The article mentions how Zach turned down three deals which were more lucrative than the Wild. I think the article mentions $117M being the highest.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
anyone hear about that whole minor shitshow with the flyers commentators? how they rip on the team while accidentally being on air, saying things like "weise has to go" and "when voracek doesn't get ice time, he shuts down"?

Reactions: mtnet

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
the Flyers are horrific

they will likely get one of Hughes or Kakko and we will hear about the doom and gloom from the usual suspects for months

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
That does make me sad thinking back on it. I was devastated when Zach left. It's ultimately worked out in our favor in the end, as I think that's a contract we would regret inevitably.

I'm happy for him because he got to spend more time with his father before he passed and he's having a hell of a year this year. Was angry when it happened, but nothing but respect for Zach at day's end.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
And you will be happy that they get one of those two elite players to an already stacked prospect pool?
their stacked prospect pool is gonna get ruined by their current management (thank god)

hextall had them developing well, but things aren't looking so hot, considering how fast ownership wants to rush things

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
And you will be happy that they get one of those two elite players to an already stacked prospect pool?

I don't care about other teams. the Flyers have been in the same boat for years and years and until they fix their goaltending and defense I won't care about them one iota

I Care about the Devils.

as Allen Iverson once said, "If you're scared, get a dog."

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I don't care about other teams. the Flyers have been in the same boat for years and years and until they fix their goaltending and defense I won't care about them one iota

I Care about the Devils.

as Allen Iverson once said, "If you're scared, get a dog."

You care about Philly teams apparently, (Flyers-with your post about them and Hughes), (Sixers with your Iverson quote) ( and of course Villinova)

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
someone else brought up the Flyers and I commented on them. I did not bring them up initially. I also did not mention you but you responded...wonder why?

yes I care about Villanova because I went there...what are you even talking about?

Reactions: Darkauron

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Oh Bleed would LOVE this...
TSN: cited The Mercury New’s Paul Gackle citing the poor stats of San Jose Sharks goaltenders Martin Jones (.897 save percentage entering last night’s game against the LA Kings) and Aaron Dell (.890) and speculating they could get into the rental market for help. “Gackle points to Detroit Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard, Brian Elliott and Michal Neuvirth of the Philadelphia Flyers, New Jersey Devils starter Keith Kinkaid and Carolina Hurricanes netminder Petr Mrazek as potential options for the Sharks.”

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oh Bleed would LOVE this...
DON'T! WANT! ANY!

Gackle has really been sounding like someone eating paint chips lately.

First of all, Howard would be too expensive and he's also having a year that's better than what he is. He was in the .920's% for quite some time and is now falling down. That should be expected for how poor he's been for the last 6 years. The one year he was good in that stretch, he only played 26 games. He's been regressing back to the mean of what he is. A below average/bad starting goalie in the NHL.

Elliott has been injured for almost a couple months.

Neuvirth is f***in AIDS. He'd be injured in the first game he plays there and he's been almost as bad as what Cory's been when he's played this year. He's finished and is made of glass. He might get injured boarding the plane to San Jose.

Kinkaid is really not an upgrade on either of their goalies. Dell is not worse than Kinkaid. They're probably a wash.

Mrazek? Come on dude, don't make the same mistake Philly made last year. That guy is a f***in joke.

And Gackle suggesting some of this TRASH is also a f***in joke.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
the Flyers are horrific

they will likely get one of Hughes or Kakko and we will hear about the doom and gloom from the usual suspects for months

You never want a rival to get better and their prospect pool is stacked. They have Hart who looks like a solid option between the pipes and they also have several promising blueliners.

Their main issue is that there's too big of a gap between their current stars and their bluechip prospects. With the pick they'll get this year and if they decide to move players like Voracek or Giroux for up and coming players... they can be in real good shape for the future.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
that is tremendous for them. I've been hearing about their youth movement for literally a decade. Will believe it when I see it.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You never want a rival to get better and their prospect pool is stacked. They have Hart who looks like a solid option between the pipes and they also have several promising blueliners.

Their main issue is that there's too big of a gap between their current stars and their bluechip prospects. With the pick they'll get this year and if they decide to move players like Voracek or Giroux for up and coming players... they can be in real good shape for the future.

But why fire Hextall if that is the plan? He would have done that.

Reactions: Bleedred

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
That's cool... but if you don't like talking about other teams, you might want to avoid the "around the league" thread :dunno:

I'm totally fine talking about them, thats what this thread is for like you said.

My point is a certain few posters love to hype up other teams while tearing down the Devils. That I am not here for.

Still waiting for when the Coyotes finally break through. Another one I've been hearing about for years.

Reactions: Bleedred

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Because ownership wants to fast forward the rebuild where as Hextall wanted the more patient approach.

Sure but then you aren’t trading Giroux and Vorachek. If anything they’ll trade one or two of their young players for some more vets to “win now”. I’m confused by their approach. Part of me thinks they do intend to continue the rebuild but ownership demanded a scapegoat and Holmy decided it was him or Hextall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad