Around The League 2018-19 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
What are the chances the Devils play the Stars in the outdoor game against Dallas since we have two texans?

Probably 0.05%

Might be Columbus, Seth Jones is from Texas. But knowing the NHL it will be a team that has had an outdoor game a million times.

Jones is really from Colorado though

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I wonder if his wheels are shot. With his "speed" as it was if you lose another step you really can't play in the league anymore
Umm... if he skated any slower he'd be skating backwards.

Maybe he can be a defenseman :naughty:

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Interesting rumor on Blues board that Pat Maroon is going to get waived.

If he does, should we make a claim?
Considering we were interested in bringing him back at a much higher salary for possibly longer term, I don't see why we wouldn't snag him if he became available. I'm wondering if we even consider giving up a late round draft pick for him (not 6th round though!)

Reactions: My3Sons

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The Hurricane players want to do it and its their idea, I have no problem with it. Let the players have fun if they want ro have fun.

They're obviously trying to have some fun and connect with the fans, which makes sense given how largely irrelevant they've been for the last decade. It's cheesy as hell, but whatever. It's not hurting anybody.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Fox TV is going to bring back the lighted puck.
I must be getting old... I'm telling the same story more than once, but...

I worked with the guy that invented the glow puck. We ere out grabbing dinner and a waitress overheard us talking about it. She made him write out an apology for inventing it on a napkin for her boyfriend :)

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

I worked with the guy that invented the glow puck. We ere out grabbing dinner and a waitress overheard us talking about it. She made him write out an apology for inventing it on a napkin for her boyfriend :)

WOW, really, that's a funny story. Did the inventor make a lot of money from the puck?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

the glow puck was awesome! he shouldn’t have apologized for shit

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
the glow puck was awesome! he shouldn’t have apologized for ****
Wow. You may be the first one I've ever met that liked it.

I *HATED* it because you lost a sense of depth. You coudn't tell if the puck was going cross-ice or flipped up in the air, and it made it hard to tell how far off the ice the puck was.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Wow. You may be the first one I've ever met that liked it.

I *HATED* it because you lost a sense of depth. You coudn't tell if the puck was going cross-ice or flipped up in the air, and it made it hard to tell how far off the ice the puck was.

i liked it for three reasons- 1, it was easier to track the puck (these were the days before hi def, mind you)...2, you could see in real time how fast the puck was traveling...and 3, in my mind, the glow puck is intrinsically linked to the fox robots that would fight each other after a goal was scored, which was awesome.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
That Parise/Suter article on the atheltic brings up feelings. I'm glad we're not saddled with that contract but I still miss Zach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad