Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Reactions: Wingman77

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly, I'm not sure teammates would be annoyed with him purely for that. I mean, it helps the union and other players to go for a higher salary. I could only see a problem if he had such a negative attitude all season that it pissed everyone off.
I don't think that the arbitration thing and salary complaints bothered as player at all, as much as the fact that he seemed to already openly have one foot already out the door and was basically putting up a flag that he was a lame duck. To his credit, I don't think he played poorly or played like a guy on his way out that last season he was here the first time, but that might have rubbed people the wrong way.

And it might have also had nothing to do with Madden's response in that interview.
Not to derail the thread. I wonder what happens when Vegas starts sucking...
People have been saying this for over a year now. And it looked like they might be right to start this year, before their sudden surge and now they're in second place in their division.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I get the feeling that Madden (and likely other guys) might have been annoyed with Holik in 01-02, because he basically had already went on record and punched his ticket out of town the offseason prior. And was overly vocal for what had then become a lame duck player. He said as early as July of August of 2001 (whenever that arbitration hearing was) that he was unhappy with what he received, that the arbitrators just wanna side with the teams for cheap labor and that next summer he was already excited to see what his value was on the open market. He reiterated this at least two or three more times during season, only didn't mention the arbitrators ruling, but just that he'd probably still test free agency. He was very open about leaving and not sticking around, even though he never completely ruled out staying and re-signing.

And I do respect him for that a bit. At least he didn't sugarcoat things or tell some fans ''Don't worry! I'll be back!'' outside the building.

On the broadcast today, Holik ironically came up in conversation with Daneyko and Steve if you happened to catch it, and Daneyko had said he and Holik may have dropped the gloves a couple of times in practice over the years :laugh:. The conversation was something along the lines of Holik speaking what he felt often.

Reactions: Bleedred

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Just looked up the Swedish Staypuff's stats on the season, 3.08 and .907. Yikes. Turns 37 soon.

Never thought I'd say this, but I almost feel sorry for him now that his career is almost over. The King without a crown.

One thing I dont feel sorry for? The Rangers. No way they can trade him as he has 2 seasons left with an $8.5M cap hit. Enjoy that.

Reactions: Emperoreddy

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Just looked up the Swedish Staypuff's stats on the season, 3.08 and .907. Yikes. Turns 37 soon.

Never thought I'd say this, but I almost feel sorry for him now that his career is almost over. The King without a crown.

One thing I dont feel sorry for? The Rangers. No way they can trade him as he has 2 seasons left with an $8.5M cap hit. Enjoy that.

A+ post…..a well enjoyed read

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

He had a good start to the season, but has been a nightmare over his last 10-12 starts.

His play has been very bad on the eyes, as that save percentage has dropped.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Whoda thunk???

Colorado is screaming for someone to pass them at this point. They've lost 9 out of 10, but Anaheim has just lost 10 out of 10 and is doing whatever they can to stay behind Colorado.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
tired of having to count shot assists manually? have no fear!

I have been following this since they first announced their intention to do it a while back, and I am really convinced that this will revolutionize advanced stats in the league. Especially the defensive side of the game, they will be able to track and record in real time how well players are in position.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
you thought HF trade proposals were bad? check out twitter

0-EF008-A3-54-C7-4-F8-D-825-B-5-ECEA650186-A.jpg

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
you thought HF trade proposals were bad? check out twitter

That's amazing!

That absolutely could have been a HF proposal though, I've said is 1,000 times, the worst posts on HFBoards are "trade proposal" posts.

I'd guess maybe only 25% of them make any sense, and that might be a bit high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad