Around The League 2018-19 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
10 points in 12 games is pretty solid, and it's more than I thought he would do. Of course, let's see how he fares as the NHL season drags on...

My point was more to the fact that he's looking to win and signed in a place where he thought that would happen. 10+ games in, and they're aaaaaasssssssssssssss :laugh:

I saw that as well, but 5 of those points have come in the last 2 games, lots of hockey left to be played so we will see.

His speed may not be what it was, but his shot, strength, and some other offensive capabilities are things that will keep him relevant similar to late career Jagr in that sense.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Which forward on Tampa gets moved to create some cap space after the Gourde signing? Three guys on defense signed for next year as well as Point and Vasi both needing new deals within the next two years. I know Callahan is the easy answer but they'll have to pair an asset with him to move that contract. Would love to see Shero pluck someone from them.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Which forward on Tampa gets moved to create some cap space after the Gourde signing? Three guys on defense signed for next year as well as Point and Vasi both needing new deals within the next two years. I know Callahan is the easy answer but they'll have to pair an asset with him to move that contract. Would love to see Shero pluck someone from them.

They will have a decision to make with Point. He’s going to command a pretty good contract this offseason.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Said it in another thread: if they can convince Palat to waive, I think he's a good target.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
although there's something supremely hilarious about los angeles *****ing when he signed in new jersey, they beat us in a cup final anyway, they finally get kovalchuk six years later, and now they're a terrible team. :laugh:

As much as I hated the Kings for foiling us in 2012, I can't hate them as much as I would because they beat the pesky 2014 Rangers

I thought I may care a bit, that it would bother me if Kovy does well. To be honest I sometimes even forget he is back in the league. Could care less what he does

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Only 2 teams in the league have fewer than 5 losses. Tampa and Nashville.

Sounds about right. Expect them to both be in the finals.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Only 2 teams in the league have fewer than 5 losses. Tampa and Nashville.

Sounds about right. Expect them to both be in the finals.
They'll have to do it in spite of the Dan Girardi screwjob. Dan Girardi will screw the Lightning again, just like he screwed them in game 7 last year of the ECF, and just like he screwed the Rangers in many playoff games/playoff elimination games (Henrique! It's over!) when they were contending.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
LA has like $500 in cap space and Toronto doesn't have much either (the main reason Nylander isnt signed yet)

not really sure how they plan to make a deal wok

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
LA has like $500 in cap space and Toronto doesn't have much either (the main reason Nylander isnt signed yet)

If Nylander is really asking TOR for $8 mil plus per is there any reason to believe any team in the league wants to pay him that kind of money and give up significant assets for the privilege? Assuming this isn’t some sort of ploy to get out of TOR it’s hard to see an easy trade for Nylander with any team.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
The Tampa tax break advantage will be showing its downside. Why would Johnson, Palat, Killorn, etc. waive their no trade if they took less money because of tax breaks? They will essentially be throwing away millions of dollars by waiving their NTC.

Reactions: None Shall Pass

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Leafs have lots of cap space this season, they just have very little long term with Matthews and Marner coming up for a new deal, Tavares, etc. They can afford to take on salary this season, but not past it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad