Around the League 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Preds just tied it, so if they come back and win the Canucks join the Jets and Oilers this week as teams that had 2 goals leads against Nashville and lost.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Thanks for nothing Vancouver. Turds. Almost a perfect OOT scoreboard tonight. I dont think we are catching Nashville for 1st. Now i just want more separation from Minnesota+Dallas.

Reactions: Jets 31

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Preds just tied it, so if they come back and win the Canucks join the Jets and Oilers this week as teams that had 2 goals leads against Nashville and lost.

They are a scary team and pretty much the team to beat in the west. They can have lulls in their play, especially their defence which tends to be overly aggressive sometimes. But their forecheck is relentless and once they get it going their dmen can all jump and create offence. Their playoffs will ride and die by Rinne and their defensive laps.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Nashville’s tendency for falling behind will come back to bite them yet and hopefully when it does it costs them a playoff series.

That’s not a recipe for long term success. I know I sure wouldn’t want the Jets playing that way even if they were coming back for wins.

Reactions: Duke749

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Nashville’s tendency for falling behind will come back to bite them yet and hopefully when it does it costs them a playoff series.

That’s not a recipe for long term success. I know I sure wouldn’t want the Jets playing that way even if they were coming back for wins.
Dunno. This is what they did in last years playoffs too. Seemed to work out fine.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Nashville Dmen needs to be rattled hard specially Josi.
But that guy is good so Jets on their next match up need to adjust.
Also its not like Nashville has been dominating the Jets in 3 games.

If those 2 meet in the playoff. Itll be 6-7 games.
So i hope Jets catch them still and take over 1st :)

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Happy to see Bettman using the exact language that came to my mind regarding Seattle. What we are seeing there is a promising "expression of interest", but in no way can the $500 or $1000 refundable deposits be considered season ticket commitments, a word being tossed around in some articles.

And Bettman has once again spoken out about the arena situation in Calgary. Calgarians better start taking this issue seriously. I don't think this is just saber rattling. Without a new arena, it's a matter of when not if the team leaves the city. Houston Coyotes or Houston Flames? The race is on.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Happy to see Bettman using the exact language that came to my mind regarding Seattle. What we are seeing there is a promising "expression of interest", but in no way can the $500 or $1000 refundable deposits be considered season ticket commitments, a word being tossed around in some articles.

And Bettman has once again spoken out about the arena situation in Calgary. Calgarians better start taking this issue seriously. I don't think this is just saber rattling. Without a new arena, it's a matter of when not if the team leaves the city. Houston Coyotes or Houston Flames? The race is on.

Pretty hard to get someone to give you a non refundable deposit when there is no guarantee of a team yet

Vegas did exactly the same

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Atlanta Flames. :sarcasm:?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

I tried to say this ( and say it nicely ) in one of the Seattle threads. It's great for Seattle to have that many people sign up for a refundable deposit, but let's see what happens when the owner tries to recoup his expansion fee and those deposits now become season tickets of $5,000, $10,000, and more.

People were also saying how great this was compared to Winnipeg, but I had to point out that Winnipeg was not taking deposits... they were taking season ticket purchases.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I tried to say this ( and say it nicely ) in one of the Seattle threads. It's great for Seattle to have that many people sign up for a refundable deposit, but let's see what happens when the owner tries to recoup his expansion fee and those deposits now become season tickets of $5,000, $10,000, and more.

People were also saying how great this was compared to Winnipeg, but I had to point out that Winnipeg was not taking deposits... they were taking season ticket purchases.

Yep, big difference. Which is not to say their building won't be filled, too. With that many expressions of interest, I expect they can come up with 15-16K in full season ticket purchases.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

It was the same thing though. It was deposits during the initial drive.

Ignoring that though, what you are saying is the exact same things were said during Vegas' ST drive. Vegas turned pretty much all of those deposits into ST or minipack holders. So tell me how Seattle is different from Vegas (and SEA has sold even better than Vegas which is already showing to be at least an early success on and off the ice).

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

What are the conditions for refund? I'll bet that they only get their money back if the owners don't get a team or if all ST's are sold by the time it gets to their place in the queue. Under those conditions people really are making $500-1000 commitments.

It is not the same as Winnipeg's ticket drive, but it is impressive nonetheless. Certainly a sufficient display of interest to justify proceeding with the project.

Reactions: bustamente

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
What are the conditions for refund? I'll bet that they only get their money back if the owners don't get a team or if all ST's are sold by the time it gets to their place in the queue.

Simply deciding you don't want them when ST actually go on sale is sufficient according to TM buy page.

NHL Seattle Expansion Franchise Season Ticket Deposit

Please note Place your deposit to receive a priority number for NHL Seattle. The priority number is your place in line to purchase season tickets if Seattle is granted an NHL expansion franchise.

$500 per season ticket, $1000 per club ticket.

At the time season ticket seats are selected, you can request and receive a refund of your deposit if you do not want to purchase season tickets.

In addition, if the NHL does not grant us an NHL franchise for Seattle, your deposit will be refunded to you.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Seattle will be successful be nice to see another building that's full with excited fans, also Seattle is a great place to visit makes for an interesting road trip.

Reactions: Duke749

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Simply deciding you don't want them when ST actually go on sale is sufficient according to TM buy page.

NHL Seattle Expansion Franchise Season Ticket Deposit

Please note Place your deposit to receive a priority number for NHL Seattle. The priority number is your place in line to purchase season tickets if Seattle is granted an NHL expansion franchise.

$500 per season ticket, $1000 per club ticket.

At the time season ticket seats are selected, you can request and receive a refund of your deposit if you do not want to purchase season tickets.

In addition, if the NHL does not grant us an NHL franchise for Seattle, your deposit will be refunded to you.

OK. That makes the 'ticket drive' much less impressive overall then. The deposits are meaningless.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
OK. That makes the 'ticket drive' much less impressive overall then. The deposits are meaningless.

All they need to do is show the NHL BOG they have overwhelming support. I don't think they are meaningless. They certainly weren't meaningless to Vegas. I'm not sure why this is a thing. It's pretty darn impressive. If Chipman had done a ticket drive three years prior to the team coming it would have been similar. They would have been non refundable. And no it won't be 100% conversion. People die get married lose their jobs move away etc... over time. Things change.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
All they need to do is show the NHL BOG they have overwhelming support. I don't think they are meaningless. They certainly weren't meaningless to Vegas. I'm not sure why this is a thing. It's pretty darn impressive. If Chipman had done a ticket drive three years prior to the team coming it would have been similar. They would have been non refundable. And no it won't be 100% conversion. People die get married lose their jobs move away etc... over time. Things change.

I agree it is an impressive display of interest. The deposits are not meaningless, poor choice of words. But they are not commitments either.

What happens to a Jets STH, with his(her) 5 year commitment, if he(she) dies, gets married, loses a job, moves away, etc? Full refund upon request? Or the STH's problem to find someone to take over? Or can they even do that? Are ST contracts transferable?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I agree it is an impressive display of interest. The deposits are not meaningless, poor choice of words. But they are not commitments either.

What happens to a Jets STH, with his(her) 5 year commitment, if he(she) dies, gets married, loses a job, moves away, etc? Full refund upon request? Or the STH's problem to find someone to take over? Or can they even do that? Are ST contracts transferable?

They'll probably convert 95% of them and create an impressive waiting list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad