Around the League 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Regarding the Seattle XD, if Tolvanen plays for the Preds for this Stanley Cup run will that count as his 1st year? so by 2020 and the XD would he need to be protected?

If he plays in 10 games and he burns the year then it does. If he doesn't get in 10 games then his contract would slide and it would not.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Nashville wins tonight and we lose than we are fighting for 2nd, 6 points is hard to make up at this point of the season but 8 would be almost impossible even with 2 meetings left.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Nashville wins tonight and we lose than we are fighting for 2nd, 6 points is hard to make up at this point of the season but 8 would be almost impossible even with 2 meetings left.

That's a lot of ifs

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
There's a possibility Vegas is exempt for the expansion draft for one thing. Last time NHL expanded in 99-00-01 the later expansions never took from the other expansion teams.

And no I can't believe it. THN has become little more than your dumb friend's blog. It's too bad it used to be a decent magazine back in the day.

Magazine is still good, I very much enjoy it. The web content however, I never even look at anymore. The only thing I find useful on their site is the "movements" section.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

No problem... As of today, I would rather finish 2nd, have home ice advantage, and play Minnesota... then finish 1st and have to play San Jose, Anaheim, or LA.

But who knows.... we could still end up in a wild card.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
And another one stops...

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mlse-to-...ckets-for-maple-leafs-raptors-games-1.3823117

But starting in the fall, Raptors and Leafs fans will only be allowed to access games via electronic tickets or official hardcopy tickets printed on cardboard stock paper.

I miss that beautiful cardboard season one ticket book we got in season 1, but I'm fine with the plastic pass card. I wasn't impressed with the 1 card per seat policy of this season, it was MUCH easier having a wallet size and lanyard size card per seat, that way my seat partner and I had a full set of cards to take other people. If we end up eliminating print at home also, what then? Revert back to a cardboard set of tickets for our guests? App only entrances?

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
If he plays in 10 games and he burns the year then it does. If he doesn't get in 10 games then his contract would slide and it would not.

Didn’t Copp’s signing and playing one game at the end of 14-15 count as a year for the Vegas Draft?

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I miss that beautiful cardboard season one ticket book we got in season 1, but I'm fine with the plastic pass card. I wasn't impressed with the 1 card per seat policy of this season, it was MUCH easier having a wallet size and lanyard size card per seat, that way my seat partner and I had a full set of cards to take other people. If we end up eliminating print at home also, what then? Revert back to a cardboard set of tickets for our guests? App only entrances?
I really miss the physical cardboard tickets, they were so much more fun.

The future will be tickets on the app.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Didn’t Copp’s signing and playing one game at the end of 14-15 count as a year for the Vegas Draft?

Copp was too old for his contract to slide. The basic rule for the XD was if the contract slid it did not count as a year. That did not apply to Copp.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Copp was too old for his contract to slide. The basic rule for the XD was if the contract slid it did not count as a year. That did not apply to Copp.

the one exception were players who were considered 20yo by the CHL and 19yo by the NHL (i. e. September-December birthdays in their draft+2 season) who spent the season in the AHL. Their contracts did slide, but the year did count as a professional year for the purpose of the XD. Examples last time were Anthony Mantha, Ryan Pulock, Hunter Shinkaruk and Kerby Rychel. Assuming a 2020 XD, the players in question would be Sept-Dec 1997 birthdays who are playing in the AHL this season. As far as I can see, that's only Julien Gauthier, Lucas Johansen and Tyler Parsons this time (I could have missed some). No Jets.

Reactions: Evil Little

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Of course Vegas ties it up shorthanded no less, but it also looking more and more that there will be only 2 Canadian team making the playoffs, the Flames are not playing very well and are starting to slide down the standings.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Of course Vegas ties it up shorthanded no less, but it also looking more and more that there will be only 2 Canadian team making the playoffs, the Flames are not playing very well and are starting to slide down the standings.

Poor time for the Flames to go on a skid, but without Smith I'd say they are done.

Reactions: bustamente
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2