Around the League '18-'19

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Blake come on and get Skinner or Panarin before prices get to stupid cause of competition.Teams waiting on JT and handcuffed right now.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
People boo Gary Bettman (I don't see why), but he has actually grown the game, and saved the owners from themselves.

Teams were going to fold without cost certainty and a guaranteed percentage of the revenue.

For me, he will always be attached to "making the NHL more like the NBA", presiding over the p***yfication of the sport.

That is why I dislike him. He's also look like the human personification of a weasel, but that might just be genetics.

Reactions: King Trouty

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
0F07A0F6-3333-4159-B83F-1E6E1EE6CDD1.jpeg

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
For me, he will always be attached to "making the NHL more like the NBA", presiding over the *****fication of the sport.

That is why I dislike him. He's also look like the human personification of a weasel, but that might just be genetics.

Every league is like that. A catcher can't block home plate, and the runner can't hit the catcher anymore. Hits have all but gone away in the NFL. There's too much money invested in players to have them injured, and too many former players sue leagues because of injuries, especially to the head. Players also want to enjoy all the money they make after they retire. It was all coming, one way or another.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
For me, he will always be attached to "making the NHL more like the NBA", presiding over the *****fication of the sport.

Well, there is no denying the weasel part, and I get the purist point of view regarding the toughness of the game.

Regarding the economics of the game and dealing with the NHLPA, he's pretty much kicked ass and taken names.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Every league is like that. A catcher can't block home plate, and the runner can't hit the catcher anymore. Hits have all but gone away in the NFL. There's too much money invested in players to have them injured, and too many former players sue leagues because of injuries, especially to the head. Players also want to enjoy all the money they make after they retire. It was all coming, one way or another.

Sure, but he got the ball rolling back in the 90s instead of 20 years later.

Americans don't dislike hockey because of fighting and bad blood: it is actually a plus. What they want is scoring and action. Bettman came in and immediately started to curb the physical side of the game while presiding over the dead puck era. Took all of the momentum from the Rangers in '94 and squandered it to the point that the NHL's national TV contract was with the effing Outdoor Network.

He works for the owners so his merits as a commissioner can be decided by them; however, as a fan, I say boo this man.

Reactions: King Trouty

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Bonus points if you can name the Chicago Cub with the RBI single.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I remember some guy who used to post on LGK; He was vetted to be close friends with Jack. Back around 2007 he said that him and Sid wanted to play together at some point and that Jack would wear #78 to mirror Sid's #87. I'll chuckle if that's the number that Jack chooses.
I think that's the same guy that posted over here on HF. As I recall he turned out to be legit. He knew ahead of time when JJ would sign with the Kings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad