Around the League '18-'19

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Zykov is gonna put up 20 goals this year. 7 points in 10 games for the Hurricanes, 33 goals in 63 games in the AHL.

And we lost him for 14 games of Kris Versteeg.

Just have to wait and see. Production at the end of a season when a team is out of the race, or production in the AHL, doesn't necessarily translate. Moulson had 18g/46pts in 49 games with the Reign this year, and a bad NHL team doesn't want him. LaBarbera was the MVP of the AHL one year.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Tavares did his homework...

Mike Cormack‏Verified account @MikeCormack 4h4 hours ago
Via fresh @reporterchris column this a.m: "Tavares is a meticulous guy who spent the last couple months reviewing his options and had a 77-page book prepared that contained a deep dive into each of the organizations he was most likely to find appealing."

Good deal...

Pittsburgh Penguins‏Verified account @penguins 2h2 hours ago
The #Pens have re-signed Bryan Rust to a four-year contract. The deal runs through the 2021.22 campaign, and it carries an average annual value of $3.5 million.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Toronto media vilified Mats Sundin, Tomas Kaberle, Phil Kessel, and the murmurs are starting with Auston Matthews after his playoff performance. I’m not so sure if Tavares wants to deal with that bullshit on a daily basis.

Reactions: King Trouty

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The Sharks have the most visible shot as they have a ton of money and seemingly made space for him.

They're also arguably in a much worse spot future wise than us, so I don't feel like their money would be any more significant than the Isles offer other than a change of scenery.

There's also this:

Why would anyone choose SJ long-term over any of those other scenarios?

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Yeah man that would suck bad.
Anywhere in the West would be awful. San Jose or Nashville would both be awful. I'm still betting Vegas is going to meet with him too. Or can you imagine him in Tampa Bay along with Kucherov, Stamkos, Point, Gourde, and Miller? Maybe Johnson too unless they have to trade him to clear cap for Tavares.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Anywhere in the West would be awful. San Jose or Nashville would both be awful. I'm still betting Vegas is going to meet with him too. Or can you imagine him in Tampa Bay along with Kucherov, Stamkos, Point, Gourde, and Miller? Maybe Johnson too unless they have to trade him to clear cap for Tavares.

They'd have to move Johnson and even more in the near future to make space for Tavares.

This isn't directed at you in particular, but people seem to think no other competitive teams have salary issues. Most of them will have to make accommodations either immediately or by next year for JT. It's totally worth it, but TB doesn't get to put together the Golden State Warriors for free, you know?

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
They'd have to move Johnson and even more in the near future to make space for Tavares.

This isn't directed at you in particular, but people seem to think no other competitive teams have salary issues. Most of them will have to make accommodations either immediately or by next year for JT. It's totally worth it, but TB doesn't get to put together the Golden State Warriors for free, you know?
Yeah, Johnson and Callahan probably. They'll get something good back for Johnson but will probably have to add to get someone to take Callahan. He also has a modified NTC/NMC in his contract. Or Killorn if they can't move Callahan. Big depth losses but a superstar like Tavares would be worth it.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
dear god,

please dont let Tavares sign with san jose.

that is all. amen.
He'll be a Shark next season. I don't think he wants to stay in NY personally.

Though San Jose's core is just as old, if not older than our core. (Burns 33, Pavelski 34, Thornton 39, Vlasic 31) They're in a similar situation as us with 2-3 years left to compete.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
He'll be a Shark next season. I don't think he wants to stay in NY personally.

Though San Jose's core is just as old, if not older than our core. (Burns 33, Pavelski 34, Thornton 39, Vlasic 31) They're in a similar situation as us with 2-3 years left to compete.
Somehow, someway he's going to end up in Tampa Bay and they still won't win the cup.

eleventy

Conditioner goes first
Jul 4, 2007
The Sharks have the most visible shot as they have a ton of money and seemingly made space for him.

They're also arguably in a much worse spot future wise than us, so I don't feel like their money would be any more significant than the Isles offer other than a change of scenery.

There's also this:

Why would anyone choose SJ long-term over any of those other scenarios?

Taxes, agent fees, escrow. It all adds up.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Preventing the sharks from getting Tavares was one of the reasons I preferred him over Kovalchuk.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
To be fair about matching that isles offer, that was over 8 years. The others are 7. Whatever he would earn in that extra year out of NY should be added in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad