Around Hockey XXII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

The PLD Winnipeg era isn't off to the greatest of starts. Apparently he has a nagging injury that may keep him out of his 3rd game tonight since exiting quarantine.

EDIT - on IR.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Sorry guys, Florida is for real and Wennberg is back to being a good player

Florida is for real and Wennberg has almost always been a decent player.

He has 7 pts in 14 games while centering Hornqvist and Jonathan frikkin Huberdeau, who has 20 pts. Is Wennberg really playing out of line with what he was doing with the Jackets? He was a mainstay here for a lot of years, he only got bought out because of the contract.

Reactions: Viqsi

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Florida is for real and Wennberg has almost always been a decent player.

He has 7 pts in 14 games while centering Hornqvist and Jonathan frikkin Huberdeau, who has 20 pts. Is Wennberg really playing out of line with what he was doing with the Jackets? He was a mainstay here for a lot of years, he only got bought out because of the contract.

He had a slow start but is starting to pick it up. I’m not saying Wennie is going to go back to 60 point Wennie, but I think he can easily be a 10-30-40 guy.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
*shrug*. One year at his contract with nobody else behind him better? I’ll take that.

At that contract he'd still be a Blue Jacket. I'm not arguing that he isn't a useful player, he always has been. I'm saying it's not like he went from trash to treasure. It's the same player as far as I can see.

Reactions: Monk

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Or, in the case of Roslovic, it does wonders to come into Tort's system. In reality, the sample sizes are way too small, but any chance we get to take shots at Tort's.

Or in his case, it helps to join a team with no center depth, play career high TOI, shoot 23.5%, and pick up 30% of your points on the PP since your new team has very few options there.

Last edited:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Or in his case, it helps to join a team with no center depth, play career high TOI, shoot 23.5%, and pick up 30% of your points on the PP since your new team has very few options there.
True. But he is still playing in Tort's system. Wennberg is also on a line with the 8th best scorer in the league, so that helps.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Good defensive stick by Wennberg creates a 3 on 2 rush goal. He gets the secondary assist but he made that goal happen.

Wennberg is a good player

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Looks like Carolina, Tampa and Florida are in barring some horrendous slump.

That leaves us, Dallas and Chicago for the last spot

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Looks like Carolina, Tampa and Florida are in barring some horrendous slump.

That leaves us, Dallas and Chicago for the last spot

Dallas is going to have serious work to do to make up games. I’m not sure they can keep up the pace playing so much

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Vegas gets an outdoor game 4 years into expansion.

We will be waiting 20+ years for one.

Cool, cool.

Will Seattle get one before us?

Reactions: DarkandStormy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad