Around Hockey XXII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Carolina is hosting the 2022 Stadium Series Game, so they'll get their opportunity. Their opponent remains unknown.

The remaining teams that have not participated in an outdoor game (let alone hosted one) are Arizona, Florida, Tampa Bay, and us.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Carolina is hosting the 2022 Stadium Series Game, so they'll get their opportunity. Their opponent remains unknown.

The remaining teams that have not participated in an outdoor game (let alone hosted one) are Arizona, Florida, Tampa Bay, and us.

Announced?

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV

Tampa is the likely front-runner to be Carolina's opponent in that game given their recent success. Florida is likely second in line.

tchigo

Dec 13, 2019
IMHO the trade of PLD was a very big mistake. This guy was by far the best CBJ player after Panarin left. As I wrote earlier, he fits better to Torts style of play than Laine, and is good with and without the puck, on the OZ and DZ, physical and with good technique.
CBJ fans may despise him, but his future is bright. Such great centers are hard to find. And the way Torts uses Laine is real sad. He's before all a sniper, but will have no chance to show his shooting quality as long as Torts leads the team this way, i.e. guys need to grind, dump, chase, and only play along the walls.
Difficult to cheer for CBJ these days

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
IMHO the trade of PLD was a very big mistake. This guy was by far the best CBJ player after Panarin left. As I wrote earlier, he fits better to Torts style of play than Laine, and is good with and without the puck, on the OZ and DZ, physical and with good technique.
CBJ fans may despise him, but his future is bright. Such great centers are hard to find. And the way Torts uses Laine is real sad. He's before all a sniper, but will have no chance to show his shooting quality as long as Torts leads the team this way, i.e. guys need to grind, dump, chase, and only play along the walls.
Difficult to cheer for CBJ these days

PLD had our hands tied. We had no choice.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Torts can make a two-way player with the Laine, who will not only, figuratively speaking, score points only in the PPg. Of course, this can't come quickly, and we also need to take into account the injury that Patrick is playing with and his partners, who are certainly not fans of combination hockey. By the way, even now Patrick shows the qualities of a passer and even when the players are around him, he creates chances for partners.
So I don't think it's a mistake, especially if Patrick extends the contract.

Last edited:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
It's been known that Panarin has made some serious enemies in Russia, I fear for his safety honestly
The reality is Putin is very well supported in Russia. I know that if you read western media, it might appear as everyone is hating him and he rules the country with an iron fist, but he has around 50% approval rating, and that’s a number from neutral sources.

Nazarov just like many hockey figures in Russia is pro Putin so it’s very likely he is just talking out of his ass based on his political beliefs and without anyone ordering him to do so.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I hope this is not true, and there is a lot of things to suggest it isn’t (the person who accused him is an ex NHL enforcer who is a Putin loyalist). But the LOA makes me pause.

I hope he and his family are staying safe and I hope this story isn’t true.

Nazarov said this incident was covered up with a bribe and there was a criminal investigation/trial at the time. Even for Russia, you've gotta think there's *some* evidence of that, right?

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Nazarov said this incident was covered up with a bribe and there was a criminal investigation/trial at the time. Even for Russia, you've gotta think there's *some* evidence of that, right?
That allegedly happened in Latvia.

The hotel representative already confirmed there was no accident involving Panarin at that time.

Представитель отеля в Риге сообщил, что инцидента с Панариным не было в 2011 году

Another Latvian journalist said the €40k bribe was absolutely unrealistic and way too much for what was being charged against Panarin

Латвийский журналист Федоров о Панарине: «40 тысяч евро – космическая сумма, чтобы замять «дело» столь мелкого масштаба»

a couple Russian deputies said Nazarov should be charged with slander unless he provides proof

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkandStormy

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Wouldn't be surprised if it was Nazarov that beat up an 18 year old lady and he just took himself out and inserted Panarin into the story.

Did Panarin even have 40k Euros ten years ago? I'm guessing teenagers don't get paid much in KHL

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Putin and the current government are interested in Panarin as much as I am in last year's snow in Chile. In addition, he has supported Navalny since at least last year, when he made his support clear, including in an interview. Actually, it's funny to read that.

By the way Russian deputies are against it:

Депутат Лебедев: «Какой-то полутренер вспомнил о Панарине. Назаров либо проснулся с алкоголя, либо перебрал»

Депутат Свищев: «Назаров должен понести наказание, если распространяет слухи про Панарина

I support Yandex Translator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad