Around Hockey XXII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

NHL continues to embarrass itself.

I agree. Why test if you are going to downplay the results. Just off the top of my head it seems to me NHL has had more Covid related issues than NFL or NBA. Tonight there are 4 games ppd and I think the one referenced above should make 5. It is going to be "interesting" to see how all these postponements affect the season. If it keeps up it may put the whole season in jeopardy. At the very least it is going to have a major impact on teams having to make up numerous games in addition to breaking streaks and forcing tired teams to play better rested ones.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Maybe have a week or two for make up games at the end of the regular season? Also, do bubbles for playoffs? I think things will start trending positive soon as some (most?) have dealt with an almost team wide outbreak at this point, and more teams get vaccinated.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

NHL continues to embarrass itself.

In the World Series they pulled a guy out mid game for a positive test and the game continued. Lucky for MLB it was the last game of the season. I wonder if they would have allowed a game the next day. I have no idea what the NHL protocols are. My son’s team had a kid test positive and the whole team was shut down for several days, plus the kids couldn’t go to school.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I think Vancouver is broken.

Vancouver is giving up 3.9 goals per game, 2nd worst in the league. Ottawa is giving up 4.2 goals per game.

A couple of surprises - San Jose is giving up 3.8 goals per game (how much do they spend on Burns, Karlsson, and Vlasic?) and the Capitals are giving up 3.75 goals per game.

Columbus is giving up 3.3 goals per game, and we are all shocked by the horrific defense.

Reactions: leleleopold

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Rangers with a ton of offensive talent are shut out in 2 out of 3 last games.

Columbus with a questionable offensive lineup is playing 6-5 games

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I was watching the Bruins/Rangers game tonight won 1-0 by Boston to see how the high profile youngsters Lafreniere and Kakko were doing. Both are getting around 15 minutes TOI, but both have been slow starting scoring wise. Kakko is 2-1-3 and Lafreniere is 1-0-1 through 13 games. I wasn't expecting Ovechkin numbers and I'm sure the Rangers are being very patient with them, but I was expecting to see a little more production than what they've shown so far.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I was watching the Bruins/Rangers game tonight won 1-0 by Boston to see how the high profile youngsters Lafreniere and Kakko were doing. Both are getting around 15 minutes TOI, but both have been slow starting scoring wise. Kakko is 2-1-3 and Lafreniere is 1-0-1 through 13 games. I wasn't expecting Ovechkin numbers and I'm sure the Rangers are being very patient with them, but I was expecting to see a little more production than what they've shown so far.
I, by contrast, am perfectly happy to pounce on this and declare it to be validation of my distaste for "savior narrative" type situations, because it fits my confirmation bias so perfectly. :nod: ;)

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Checking in on the Metro:

Hurricanes 10-3-0 20 points
Flyers 8-3-2 18 points
Blue Jackets 7-6-4 18 points
Islanders 7-4-3 17 points
Penguins 7-5-1 15 points
Capitals 6-4-3 15 points
Rangers 4-6-3 11 points
Devils 4-3-2 10 points

The Hurricanes and Flyers look like locks for the playoffs. The Rangers and Devils look like they will be in the lottery. Again. Looks like we are battling with the Islanders, Penguins, and Capitals. We need to start winning more games.

(Yes, I really should look at the East and figure out where we are in the battle for wild card spots, but that would take more time than I care to invest in this. Plus the North is a joke.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad