Around Hockey XXI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
When all is said and done, Vegas gave up Nick Suzuki, 2018 1st (VGK), 2019 2nd (VGK), 2019 2nd (CBJ), and a 2021 3rd (VGK) for a year of Max Pacioretty.

They just extended Pacioretty for 4 x $7 million. 5 total seasons of playing for VGK.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
When all is said and done, Vegas gave up Nick Suzuki, 2018 1st (VGK), 2019 2nd (VGK), 2019 2nd (CBJ), and a 2021 3rd (VGK) for a year of Max Pacioretty.
Indeed. The initial trade for Tatar was a bad one, but IMO it was smart to admit that trade was a blunder.....Now getting Max was costly. But fact is he is better than Neal who was a god player in his own right. Since Tatar was mostly a scratch, In the short term and the next several years they improved their team (since they signed him to a new contract at a reasonable 4 @$7M).

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
That's not surprising. Still, the Tatar trade was rough

What’s rough about it? They still kept their two best prospects and traded Tatar who was a healthy scratch 3/4 of the playoffs.

Yeah they gave up a lot for Tatar to begin with, but they also had a crap ton of assets to work with making it less of a blow.

And not surprising? In your post you intentionally mentioned “a year of Pacioretty” when in reality it’s turning into 5 years....

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
And not surprising? In your post you intentionally mentioned “a year of Pacioretty” when in reality it’s turning into 5 years....
At the time of my post it was one year. I'm intentionally owning that by not going back and editing my post.

What’s rough about it? They still kept their two best prospects and traded Tatar who was a healthy scratch 3/4 of the playoffs.

Yeah they gave up a lot for Tatar to begin with, but they also had a crap ton of assets to work with making it less of a blow.
What was rough is exactly what you mention here. Their initial trade for Tatar was unwise, but they had the extra chips to risk it

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
You don't want to let Tatar sit on the bench, that's how you get cavities. Best to clean it out while you can
giphy.gif

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Stanley Cup finalists have added Pacioretty & Stastny...Jackets have added Riley Nash & Anthony Duclair...:dunno:

I actually like the build of our team more than theirs...

I could see them advancing further though, their division is very easy compared to ours.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
And yet I bet they're not finalists again this year... so..

So who do you think has a better chance of going further in the playoffs? But my point was here's a team that almost made it all the way and they added two key guys to strengthen their roster while we added depth to a team that lost in the 1st round again. And who is potentially losing its two best players before the 2019 season.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
So who do you think has a better chance of going further in the playoffs? But my point was here's a team that almost made it all the way and they added two key guys to strengthen their roster while we added depth to a team that lost in the 1st round again. And who is potentially losing its two best players before the 2019 season.

My point is that both teams are very good. I agree that losing Bob and Panarin would sting, but the NHL is such that it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Jackets have more points and go further in the playoffs even if that's the case. Just like it wouldn't surprise me if the Knights get knocked out in the first round.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Former CBJ great’s (sarcasm) career might be coming to an end sooner than later.

Hoping for the best for Gabby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad