Around Hockey XXI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I don't think you understand the meaning of "cool." Gritty is an abomination.

Boomer was terrible too.

They are f***ing m-a-s-c-o-t-s.

I don't think YOU understand the concept of a mascot being "cool".

Please, explain why Boomer was "terrible", OTHER than the ignorant idea of him representing male genitalia.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
They are ****ing m-a-s-c-o-t-s.

I don't think YOU understand the concept of a mascot being "cool".

Please, explain why Boomer was "terrible", OTHER than the ignorant idea of him representing male genitalia.

Stinger, the iconic representation of the franchise from the start, is a cool mascot.

A walking smiling cannon, however, was f***ing lame. Ignoring the phallic representation thing. It was a dumb idea.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Stinger, the iconic representation of the franchise from the start, is a cool mascot.

A walking smiling cannon, however, was ****ing lame. Ignoring the phallic representation thing. It was a dumb idea.

Stinger is iconic? He bores 8 year olds. People outside of Columbus either have never heard of him or think that a BlueJacket is an insect. Apparently, Wysh, the same guy who pilloried Boomer more than anyone, just yesterday did a mascot ranking, with Stinger coming in at 21st. And Wysh even misses Boomer. It's far better to have a mascot that you make fun of than a mascot that you are bored/repulsed by.

Put your shame away. Mascots are for fun:

053115-MLB-Houston-Astros-mascot-Orbit-SS-PI.vresize.1200.630.high.0.jpg

Reactions: thebus88

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Stinger is iconic? He bores 8 year olds. People outside of Columbus either have never heard of him or think that a BlueJacket is an insect. Apparently, Wysh, the same guy who pilloried Boomer more than anyone, just yesterday did a mascot ranking, with Stinger coming in at 21st. And Wysh even misses Boomer. It's far better to have a mascot that you make fun of than a mascot that you are bored/repulsed by.

Put your shame away. Mascots are for fun:

053115-MLB-Houston-Astros-mascot-Orbit-SS-PI.vresize.1200.630.high.0.jpg

Stinger was on the first jersey and here from day 1 of the franchise. Hes iconic in that way.

If people really believe a Blue Jacket is an insect...they should pay attention more in school. I was 6 years old when the Jackets came to be and even I knew it wasn't a bug.

Mascot rankings? Are you serious? Who the f*** cares.

Reactions: CBJFan827

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Ryan Murray is injured.

Alexander Wennberg is not shooting.

Tom Wilson had another dirty hit.

Yep, all is normal in the NHL.

Did the Capitals overpay for Wilson knowing that he would be suspended frequently and they can use that money towards a tax write-off?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Stinger was on the first jersey and here from day 1 of the franchise. Hes iconic in that way.

If people really believe a Blue Jacket is an insect...they should pay attention more in school. I was 6 years old when the Jackets came to be and even I knew it wasn't a bug.

Mascot rankings? Are you serious? Who the **** cares.
20180930_221402.jpg

I for one love Stinger and cherish this doll in his likeness I got when I visited Nationwide. He is widely considered the most popular insect in all of hockey for good reason. :heart::heart::heart: Stinger!!!

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Hartnell retires. I heard it's possible he plans to make his home in Cbus.

I saw him over the offseason at the Memorial tournament watching from what I assume was his backyard. He wasn't inside the 7th fairway like Urban, Wiz and Dubi in the big gated community. This was outside the course. I also saw an instagram video where Cam was over celebrating with him abut his retirement so I assume he is making his home here. I know he's recently married with a small child so I'm guessing he met his wife here?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

Holy crap. Impressive.
Has played in just 11 ‘professional’ games.

Had -7, 2 points in 11 games in the AHL last season.

Ducks lines are bruuuutal.

Rakell-Getzlaf-Terry
Comtois-Henrique-Silfverberg
Cogliano-Steel-Sherwood
Street-Rowney-Aberg

Last edited:
Reactions: Columbus Mike

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
If it doesn't get reduced...
I'm curious to see the NHLPA reaction and how much they can/will fight the length when they also need to take into consideration that they should also be working to protect every other member of the NHLPA from these types if hits. The guy was suspended 3 times last year and that didn't even count the hit on Wennberg in the 1st round that should have been a suspension.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
The guy was suspended 3 times last year and that didn't even count the hit on Wennberg in the 1st round that should have been a suspension.

I still cant get over the fact that he wasn't suspended for that hit, and that it really wasn't talked about much for how bad I thought it was. His intent was clear. Thinking back, did they even give him a 2 minute penalty??

That along with the MULTIPLE bogus goalie interference calls and overall disparity in overall penalty calls is something I'm still not over. I blame the refs NOT the team for the PP's called against. Many were weak as f*** if people don't remember. We had them on the f***ing ropes.

Whatever, new year.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Maybe it doesn't matter our centers struggle at faceoffs sometimes? Washington just beat the Bruins 7-0 winning just 31% (19/60) of their faceoffs! Sheesh.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Holy crap. Impressive.
Has played in just 11 ‘professional’ games.

Had -7, 2 points in 11 games in the AHL last season.

Ducks lines are bruuuutal.

Rakell-Getzlaf-Terry
Comtois-Henrique-Silfverberg
Cogliano-Steel-Sherwood
Street-Rowney-Aberg
Just broke sharks zone entry, drew a penalty and Ducks scored on that PP

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Just broke sharks zone entry, drew a penalty and Ducks scored on that PP

Just goes to show that some teams on paper aren’t as bad as they appear to be. Cool to see Sherwood out hustle AND muscle Burns AND Karlsson from the puck in that last minute of play.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Flyers pounding Vegas 5-1 halfway through 2nd. So far, NYR only Metro team not to get a point in their first game. NJD haven’t played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad